Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 13:40

That's what I'm talking about. First Tier 1 nation to visit Tbilisi and keep their promise from 2 years ago. Good for you Scotland! Home and away series. Yeah baby!

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:39

DEAR GeoRugby

Thanks for a FREE tuition
but I always hand-write LATIN in BLOCK LETTERS --
it is more handy than scrabbling | crossing t's | dotting i's

As for your latest lame excuses, pls, look at a table
posted by RugbyPUBtbilisi from some betting source

There everything bar AIA and RC are written in NORMAL way

Hence, the WRITER meant with 101% certainty
that both AIA and RC were ACRONYMS and NOT words

+

For QUICK reference

Aia, Pau, Bath, Fili are (short) words -- additions welcomed

WR, FIBA, VVA, NSW, STM, REC, RFU, RSA, SANZAAR, PSG are acronyms

@

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby honestly_united » Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:47

I wish they had announced this sooner as I have just finished organising our rugby weekend away for next year!! :evil:

Would have loved to have got tickets to this, hopefully my euromillions numbers come up soon!

On a serious note, really pleased that Scotland are doing their bit in playing away games against the Tier 2 countries. We were in Fiji last year, US & Canada this year, then Georgia in late summer next year in the build up to the World Cup.

As much as I would love to see Georgia get their first Tier 1 scalp, and further push for inclusion in the 6N, in hoping its not in this game!! Although just remember you play Italy soon, so hopefully you'll have overcome that hurdle by then!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:30

As for your latest lame excuses,

Dear FLIDTA RISXVA. I don't give a crap about that table like you do. I didn't post it. I dont care who created it. I don't know where your aggression toward me is coming from. I never had any quibbles with you. I'll write AIA (not an acronym) or Aia whenever I feel like it and you can do whatever. None of my business. Hows that? And if you can watch your tone it would good too.

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:42

You relax. FR was just making a point he has made many times and others have ignored. It's Aia not AIA. Got it?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:46

4N wrote:You relax. FR was just making a point he has made many times and others have ignored. It's Aia not AIA. Got it?

Relax yourself. I'm pretty relaxed. Got it? And it's whatever I want it to be.

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 17:51

FR has done more work for Georgian rugby over the years than most. I would know, he has diligently posted tables/results/updates etc for probably 15 years on the FIRA forum and now here. Not sure who you are.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:01

FR has done more work for Georgian rugby over the years than most. I would know, he has diligently posted tables/results/updates etc for probably 15 years on the FIRA forum and now here.

I am aware of that, and I've used Aia and AIA interchangeably in my posts before, because none of these two are wrong in my mind and because I feel like it. Someone wants to play language police with me because of Capped IA feel free. Doesn't change much for me. And not sure who you are either.

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:05

That's fine. Just respect FR who has been the foremost Georgian supporter for years and was correcting YOUR mistake. Thanks.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:15

4N wrote:That's fine. Just respect FR who has been the foremost Georgian supporter for years and was correcting YOUR mistake. Thanks.

I only respect people who respect me. Being abrasive to me for no reason will get you the same response. And I repeat to you, it is not a mistake because I don't see it as one. End of discussion. Your or anyone else's opinion matters not to me and I will continue to use whichever version I prefer like I've done before. Thanks.

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:23

So you're wrong but will continue with a mistake you "don't see as one." Ok man, you do you. :lol:

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:24

I only respect people who respect me. Being abrasive to me for no reason will get you the same response. And I repeat to you, it is not a mistake because I don't see it as one. End of discussion. Your or anyone else's opinion matters not to me and I will continue to use whichever version I prefer like I've done before. Thanks.

You are 100% right!

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:27

zgs wrote:

You are 100% right!

Except for AIA Kutaisi. That's wrong. Same as writing LOS Angeles or LAS Cruces.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:27

4N wrote:So you're wrong but will continue with a mistake you "don't see as one." Ok man, you do you. :lol:

I'll do me and you do you and we both happy. LOS Angeles is wrong. LOS ANGELES ain't.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:10

GeoRugby

Pls, stop messing things up -- abide by LOGIC

Separately written "AIA Kutaisi" and "Aia Kutaisi" are both RIGHT

Moreover, "AIA Kutaisi" is RIGHT alongside "LOKOMOTIVI Tbilisi"
-- when both club NAMES are written in ALL CAPS

However, "AIA Kutaisi" is utterly WRONG alongside "Lokomotivi Tbilisi"
because it implies that it is rather A.I.A. and NOT Aia,
ie it is an acronym and NOT a name

That's all what I intended to showcase in my posts
but you UNFORTINATELY got it on your EGO - that's a pity

@

And why EGO?

I care for GEO RUGBY since 1972 --
and this a GROSS under-statement by all accounts --
but, unlike you, NEVER dared to choose
GeoRugby or something similar as my nick
and, trust me, NEVER WILL

That's why I'm just a FLIDTA RISXVA and if you
are a Georgian indeed, will understand by your example

@

Good Night!

Aia's President sent you warmest greetings when told
how WRONG some web-sources publish the club's name

@

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:43

Separately written "AIA Kutaisi" and "Aia Kutaisi" are both RIGHT

At least we can agree on that.

Moreover, "AIA Kutaisi" is RIGHT alongside "LOKOMOTIVI Tbilisi"
-- when both club NAMES are written in ALL CAPS

However, "AIA Kutaisi" is utterly WRONG alongside "Lokomotivi Tbilisi"
because it implies that it is rather A.I.A. and NOT Aia,
ie it is an acronym and NOT a name

I should have written Lokomotivi with my Caps lock on and then wouldn't have to listen to your aggressive tone toward me. Fine my mistake.

That's all what I intended to showcase in my posts
but you UNFORTINATELY got it on your EGO - that's a pity

@

And why EGO?

I care for GEO RUGBY since 1972 --
and this a GROSS under-statement by all accounts --
but, unlike you, NEVER dared to choose
GeoRugby or something similar as my nick
and, trust me, NEVER WILL

That's why I'm just a FLIDTA RISXVA and if you
are a Georgian indeed, will understand by your example

@

Good Night!

I don't have an ego and I know you are just FLIDTA RISXVA. You mentioned it many times before. I was born in Georgia but live in Canada now like I mentioned before and my nickname has to do with the fact that my name is George (Giorgi - I could have chosen GioRugby but I chose English version and I hope it's all right with you). It is nothing more and nothing less. You could have asked of course but you chose to assume. Good Night to you!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:49

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Aia's President sent you warmest greetings when told
how WRONG some web-sources publish the club's name

Thats not really the definition of a humble flidta risxva. I know the Mayor of Humbletown and he sent you the warmes greetings when told how BOASTING some T2 Members are. For those who do not understand: I am very important.

I like you both FR and GeoRugby. And I think FR is right to correct you as you can see up there @GeoRugby. Still the tone you use @FR is sometimes really the opposite of how you characterize yourself. It is aggressive and not nice and it doesn't seem you are exactly humble tbh. I like it when you attack crony officials and stupid administrators who get paid and you rightly do that, but GeoRugby is just a fan wanting to share some information and there is no need to talk to him in this tone. Please take me as an example, I am always polite and never troll and I am never aggressive. Ask my Romanian friends.

And guys: It's the day where GRU announced a great event for our sport and country with Scotland coming to Tbilisi. Please enjoy and be kind. Let's attack some Irish officials, I F***G HATE IRISH OFFICIALS! GEORGE CLANCY and JOHN LACEY... oh my God I get hysterical when I hear this name... John Lacey is. the. worst. ref. ever. to. have. walked. on. this. earth.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:14

4N wrote:[quote]So you're wrong but will continue with a mistake you "don't see as one."/quote]

This is only a rugby forum. We are here to share news and opinions. That’s it. This is not PhD thesis or some official document. Definitely we all make some mistakes, but if someone understands your text it’s OK. Correcting each other’s grammar mistakes will destroy the forum. In this particular case, I am sure that both FR and GeoRugby are Georgians, and therefore both know what is the name of Kutaisi club and from the writing it looked like- my English is better that yours. Sounds a little arrogant. I am sure that FR himself makes tons of mistakes (and uses capital letters), but nobody is making fun of him

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:24

No I don't judge people for "improper" grammar at all. I didn't grow up speaking proper English. Still don't. :lol:

The point is this is a rugby forum. FR corrected Geo on the name of a Georgian rugby club (has been pointed out so many times), Geo got a little fired up. Nothing more in it.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:46

FR corrected Geo on the name of a Georgian rugby club (has been pointed out so many times), Geo got a little fired up.

The only correction could have been to use Caps applied to both AIA and LOKOMOTIVI which I only did to AIA. My point that one can use both AIA and Aia still stands (the only clarification is one needs to be consistent and apply it to all the teams which I didn't and should have).

Postby 4N » Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:57

:thumbup:

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 10 May 2018, 10:15

I missed the news earlier. Fantastic that Scotland are making the trip to Georgia.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 10 May 2018, 12:09

Didi10 Final between AIA Kutaisi and LOKOMOTIVI Tbilisi will be reffed by guess who? Wait for it... George Clancy! :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgianRugby/ ... =3&theater

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:47

GeoRugby wrote:Didi10 Final between AIA Kutaisi and LOKOMOTIVI Tbilisi will be reffed by guess who? Wait for it... George Clancy! :lol:

You can always ask for Vlad.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:05

Bogdan_DC wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:Didi10 Final between AIA Kutaisi and LOKOMOTIVI Tbilisi will be reffed by guess who? Wait for it... George Clancy! :lol:

You can always ask for Vlad.

No thanks. Clancy is just fine. :D He may mess things up in the final and Georgian club will still win. In all seriousness though, even if he is not a fan favorite, it is nice to see that such a well known ref was appointed for the game.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum