Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 14 May 2018, 08:36

Yes, everybody is paid in Didi Ati (Big 10)

Each team gets exactly 400K GEL via state funding per annum
Most of them also get a similar boost from their city | region
Some clubs have private sponsors in addition

Average salary is around 1K per month
with stars (as rumoured) getting about 4K

I have seen only Akademia's financial statement
They are the poorest club - get ONLY standard 400K
And they were giving super-star Matiashvili circa 1.5K

Gosha Shkinini gets circa 2.5K with Loko and even helps
his native Hooligana (relegated from Div 1 to Div 2 East)

Lasha Khmaladze and the rest of moved stars
earn more in Batumi -- the reachest organization by far

@

Ref gets 300 GEL per game
TJ 180 GEL, 4th Official 95 GEL, Scorekeeper 80 GEL

@

Naturally, clubs would seek additional funding
if they are to play in Shield | Black Sea League

After all, these days guys are in rugby to sustain their families
and they should not be disadvantaged by joining new comps

As Batumi (Atchara region) showed
getting extra funding is an attainable task for the likes of

Lokomotivi (GEO Railways),
Aia (Kutaisi city + Imereti region),
Jiki (Gori + Shida Kartli region),
Lelo (Tbilisi City),
Kharebi (Rustavi + Kvemo Kartli region),
even Armazi (Marneuli City + Gold mining)

@

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Mon, 14 May 2018, 08:55

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Yes, everybody is paid in Didi Ati (Big 10)

Thanks a lot for such a comprehensive answer!
Now I wonder if moderator or admin could stick the fist post and put all this info into FAQ.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:44

There is rumors Georgia A will travel to Brazil.

Brazil vs Georgia A or “emerging”.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:56

I heard them too here. Do you have a Georgian source?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 14 May 2018, 15:27

Just a rumor. Where u hear it? Brazilian rugby union?

Looks like it will hapen if rumors are spreading on both sides.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby IanCleverly » Mon, 14 May 2018, 22:55

The 'England Counties Under 20' side will play two friendly matches against Georgia Under 20s this/next week.

The fixture season is well under way for England Rugby’s four ‘Aspirational Teams’ with England Counties, England Counties U20s, England Counties U18s and England Students all in action between April and June. England Counties U18s began with an impressive series win at home over their Irish counterparts while England Students narrowly lost out to France Universities over the weekend but will have the opportunity to gain revenge on 20th April.

England Counties U20s will travel to Georgia to two fixtures on the 19th and 25th of May with the schedule culminating with England Counties’ tour to Romania.
England Counties is the flagship team of the community game in England and offers players from National League One and below the opportunity to represent their country. Last season the side toured Spain, finishing the trip unbeaten as well as having undertaking community outreach work while out there. They are set to face Romania U23s on 1st June followed by Romania A on 8th June.

englandrugby.com

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Tue, 15 May 2018, 00:42

amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Of course they are payed. I dont know what people think about Didi 10 but we have at least 4 teams who are able to win continental shield.

yet none win it!

And no Romanian club did win. Batumi had a terrible season and it was just the first experience for Georgian teams on the European stage. And rhey even won against Heidelberg.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 15 May 2018, 05:13

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:There is rumors Georgia A will travel to Brazil.

Brazil vs Georgia A or “emerging”.

Totally opposite = Didi 10 XV will host Brazil should IRB finance their trip

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 15 May 2018, 19:13

Just a rumor. Where u hear it? Brazilian rugby union?

Looks like it will hapen if rumors are spreading on both sides.

Hmmm yeah, from people in the high performance program.

Well, I heard Georgia XV and someone else can come to Brazil.

They wanted Portugal and Belgium but the RWC Qualy mess frustrated the original plan.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 16 May 2018, 01:48

Actually I heard now Brazil will indeed travel to Europe!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 16 May 2018, 05:28

How many times this England Counties Under 20 visited Georgia. I mean its nice but i remember 6 Nations U20 teams + Georgia U20 and Romania U20 tournament was promiced.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:21

They don't really owe us anything.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:32

fullbackace wrote:They don't really owe us anything.

Not us, but they + everyone else owes to Rugby.

World Rugby decided to hold 6N U20 + Georgia U20 and Romania U20 but ever since i havent hear a word about this. Nobody forced anyone to create such tournament, but if its created than someone must talk about it.
Looks like it is just written on the paper and that's all. Another lie...

And playing is not a favor in Sports, its a must. Nobody has to owe anything to play.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:42

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:They don't really owe us anything.

Not us, but they + everyone else owes to Rugby.

World Rugby decided to hold 6N U20 + Georgia U20 and Romania U20 but ever since i havent hear a word about this. Nobody forced anyone to create such tournament, but if its created than someone must talk about it.
Looks like it is just written on the paper and that's all. Another lie...

And playing is not a favor in Sports, its a must. Nobody has to owe anything to play.

World rugby can't decide to hold 6N U20 my friend. And any of the nations can withdraw from any tournament if they deem it necessary. Morals don't govern the world, self interest does. Is it bad for us ? tough luck for us then, we should find other ways to get on high level. Looking at other nations to help us is the worst thing we can do.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 16 May 2018, 15:35

fullbackace wrote:Looking at other nations to help us is the worst thing we can do.

"HELP" - make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources.

I guess "help" and "owe" is not correct words to describe this situation. Because Playing is basic and most important part of sports - especially on Professional level

Ok world rugby can not make such tournament, get it. But it was announced by someone. WR, RE or governing bodies of different countries Rugby Union federations.

https://twitter.com/GeorgianRugby/statu ... 5218084864

This tournament was announced (11 July 2017) - "Georgian Rugby Union president Gocha Svanidze received the offer from Six Nations Council chairman Pat Whelan following the World Rugby Under 20 Championship hosted in two Georgian cities from May 31-June 18."

https://www.ruck.co.uk/georgia-romania- ... x-nations/

Any information about it? Is it dead? Is it active? What happened?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 16 May 2018, 15:50

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:Looking at other nations to help us is the worst thing we can do.

"HELP" - make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources.

I guess "help" and "owe" is not correct words to describe this situation. Because Playing is basic and most important part of sports - especially on Professional level

Ok world rugby can not make such tournament, get it. But it was announced by someone. WR, RE or governing bodies of different countries Rugby Union federations.

https://twitter.com/GeorgianRugby/statu ... 5218084864

This tournament was announced (11 July 2017) - "Georgian Rugby Union president Gocha Svanidze received the offer from Six Nations Council chairman Pat Whelan following the World Rugby Under 20 Championship hosted in two Georgian cities from May 31-June 18."

https://www.ruck.co.uk/georgia-romania- ... x-nations/

Any information about it? Is it dead? Is it active? What happened?

Playing yes. "Playing Georgia in particular" no. they can play other teams and not have anything to worry about ever.

afaik later they were told that they couldn't do it. There was a discussion about it on Georgian forums.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 16 May 2018, 16:10

fullbackace wrote:
Playing yes. "Playing Georgia in particular" no. they can play other teams and not have anything to worry about ever.

afaik later they were told that they couldn't do it. There was a discussion about it on Georgian forums.

So its a dead project?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 16 May 2018, 16:12

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

So its a dead project?

Yes, Unfortunately.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Wed, 16 May 2018, 16:20

From what I can see online you've hosted England Counties U20 three times; losing twice in 2013 by 16-14 and 25-13 and winning in 2014 by 23-22. I know Georgia has improved a lot the last few years at the U20 level but how about your lot smash England Counties U20 on their tour before expecting to host England U20.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:04

Buffalo wrote:From what I can see online you've hosted England Counties U20 three times; losing twice in 2013 by 16-14 and 25-13 and winning in 2014 by 23-22. I know Georgia has improved a lot the last few years at the U20 level but how about your lot smash England Counties U20 on their tour before expecting to host England U20.

Counties are a strong team and nothing to sneeze at. I'm happy with the game. GeorgiaU20 has beaten Italy and Argentina on the highest level in this age grade and more recently FranceU20 reserves. They have proven enough. If England U20 desire to come they are more than welcome and it doesn't depend on Georgia beating Counties, just like Scotland coming to Georgia despite the fact that Georgia haven't beaten tier1 so far.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:51

GeoRugby wrote:
Buffalo wrote:From what I can see online you've hosted England Counties U20 three times; losing twice in 2013 by 16-14 and 25-13 and winning in 2014 by 23-22. I know Georgia has improved a lot the last few years at the U20 level but how about your lot smash England Counties U20 on their tour before expecting to host England U20.

Counties are a strong team and nothing to sneeze at. I'm happy with the game. GeorgiaU20 has beaten Italy and Argentina on the highest level in this age grade and more recently FranceU20 reserves. They have proven enough. If England U20 desire to come they are more than welcome and it doesn't depend on Georgia beating Counties, just like Scotland coming to Georgia despite the fact that Georgia haven't beaten tier1 so far.

:thumbup: exactly. U20s are a decent world cup side. Plus we just played U20 South Africa so it's not like England are some other worldly species.

Why do people always choose opposite extremes. No we can't demand England to play us but there's also no reason for England to shun our team because we've actually reached a decent level.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Wed, 16 May 2018, 19:32

Giorgi Javakhia to join Aurillac

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Thu, 17 May 2018, 21:01

2 big news for Georgia !

Beka Gorgadze back on the field, one year after his injury (17 May 2017 against Montauban). He started eightman for Stade Montois espoirs last week.

Giorgi Nemsadze extented his contract with Ospreys. Great news as he will evolve in a professional environment the season of the RWC. Hope he will get some gametime with the first team

-----

Georgia sevens for Moscow sevens
Zurab Dzneladze (Aia Kutaisi), Giorgi Gogoladze (Castanet, France), Ramaz Kharazishvili (Locomotive Tbilisi), Tornike Managadze (Aia Kutaisi), Giorgi Mchedlishvili (Jiki Gori), Davit Meskhi (Armia Tbilisi), Davit Modzghvrishvili (Academia Tbilisi), Giorgi Pruidze (Krasny Yar, Russia), Saba Shubitidze (Batumi), Ilia Spanderashvili (Armazi Marneuli), Giorgi Sordia (Chambery, France), Luka Yurin (Lyon, France)

Interesting to see that Saba Shubitidze joined Batumi according to the squad list

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Thu, 17 May 2018, 21:29

Why is Spanderashvili not playing for a Didi 10 side? He seemed like a quality player when I've seen him.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 17 May 2018, 22:07

Beka is a huge talent. Happy to see that he is back on the field after that nasty injury. Happy for Nemso as well. As for Spanderashvili, he seems to be preferred at sevens now, though I hope its temporary. He is still very young and I'm sure he'll get a chance in national team.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum