Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia (Lelos)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby datodato » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 08:32

Many said in on facebook: The Georgian forwards coach is an absolute disgrace. Haig did a huge mistake when he let Didier Bes go and this idiot come into the team. Our scrum is much, much weaker. Only when Nariashvili and Chilanchava are playing we win the scrum battle, but only because they would still win it even if amz or the guy from the lokal barber-shop would coach them. Our mauls...sorry we have no fucking mauls any more! We can't build a single maul in a match. For 5 years now. And he is sticking to absolute loser like Melikidze, the worst prop Georgia has ever produced maybe. He was first choice in the U20 for 30 min until Tabidze came in and was 10x better than him. He is an arrogant underperformed like no other player in the squad. I understand that a dual role may be tough but why the hell aren't they promoting our U20 head coach as the new forward coach? Maybe he can somehow have a dual role ore even if he would have just the forward coaching role it would be great. He has consistently shown that he can build very strong scrums, packs in a short amount of time with different players every year. Getting an Aussie teaching forwards-play is like the Wallabies getting a Georgian skills or back-three coach. We don't need to have foreigners just because they speak english. Get an Argie, take a french or a Saffa who knows his trade. Or maybe, maybe you take a very good Georgian coach you have in the U20 Head coach...

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 11:06

You're talking about Richard Graham? My eyebrows were raised when I heard the news he was hired. OK player but terrible record in coaching! Can't believe Haig and GRU hired him.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 11:32

No I am talking about the Forwards Coach. Graham is the skills or attacks coach.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 12:19

Oh, so you guys have two Aussies in your coaching team. Who is the forwards coach?

Postby 4N » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 13:26

A guy named Brad Harris. Not as well known as Graham.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 13:34

Didiee Bes was very good forward’s coach. It was he, who created dominant Georgian scrum.

And now Fiji showed us that they have better scrum this time. In 2016 Georgia beat Fiji because of domination up front, now that we dont have such an advantage Fiji just destroyed Lelos.

We need to work hard on Scrums, mauls, rucks, lineouts. Basically we need forward’s coach

National Flag:
SwitzerlandSwitzerland

Postby lerugby » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 13:38

YamahaKiwi wrote:Oh, so you guys have two Aussies in your coaching team. Who is the forwards coach?

will be head coach after Milton.. They say :(

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 13:47

lerugby wrote:will be head coach after Milton.. They say :(

I doubt it very much! No chance after all...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 13:55

After hiring Brad Harris as forwards coach, Georgian scrum has regressed a bit. Dont get me wrong. With the first choice props, it is still very much dominant, but depth haven't been so good lately. Bekoshvili, Tetrashvili, Melikidze didnt impress and the truly promising youngsters like Mataradze and Tabidze for some reason don't get to play for National team( or play on a rare occasion) which is very strange. I wonder if its possible to include Khatiashvili for Japan game. Travel shouldn't be a problem because he is already in Japan. The way Georgia was dominated yesterday in mauls and scrums, some serious reevaluation needs to take place.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 14:06

I don't know well Fijian forwards, especially the frontrowers but Manasa Saulo is an excellent scrummager.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 15:39

amz wrote:I don't know well Fijian forwards, especially the frontrowers but Manasa Saulo is an excellent scrummager.

So is Campese Ma'afu.
Leone Nakarava
Api Ratunayrawa
Waqaniborotu
Qera and Mata.

They are very strong.

Fiji has 15 world stars in their squad.

Scary to think about team who has Radradra, Nadolo, Nagusa Vatubua Goneva and others in thei back line.

Fiji is outstanding team, the way they play, their line breaks, power, speed, offloads, basically everything. They are born to play Rugby.

Just destroyed world’s former strongest scrum. Fiji is my favorite team after Georgia and im not happy our ways are crossed on RWC when Italy is dealing with Namibia and Samoa(of caurse Samoa will win Repechage)

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 15:46

I doubt very much Italy will be dealing with Samoa. The latter will very likely win the playoff v Germany and actually be in pool A. The repechage team Italy will have to deal with will more likely be Canada/Zimbabwe/Kenya/Hong Kong/Germany etc So actually even easier. Sorry for making your mood on that even worse :lol:

Fiji had a very good scrum at RWC15 as well so this time is not such a surprise. They also lost to you guys in 2016 in Suva so were probably pretty up for this game.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 17:42

Haig's stubbornness caught up with him there. He always brings weaker replacements in scrums then assumes the starters will win the scrum and replacements will hold their own for few minutes at the end.

However that leaves you vulnerable on a rare occasion when starters have a bad day. if Chilachava is having a bad game and you go to the bench where you have someone like Melikidze sitting.. well you're screwed.

It's not like this is anything new. We've criticized coaches for this many times before, We lost to Romania because they decided bringing in Bekoshvili against Oaks scrum was somehow a good idea.

On the other hand if they stop with ignoring players like Kulashvili, Kakovin & Khatiashvili You're pretty much set.. If Chilachava or Nariashvili are having a bad day you'll have a whole team of beast props ready to come on.
Our main props should be:
Starters - Nariashvili, Chilachava
Subs - Asieshvili, Kubriashvili
Nearest reserve - Kakovin, Kulashvili, Khatiashvili.

Zhvania is not strong in scrums, even tho I've been a fan throughout his whole career he never developed into a reliable scrummager.

Melikidze, Tetrashvili, Bekoshvili, Tabidze - similar Younger players and smaller more dynamic props are welcome to play for some ENC games. Until/if they become world class like the starters.
Last edited by fullbackace on Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 17:53

Yes, I don't know why on earth a prop like Kakovin would fall out of favor with the coach. He seems to always be invited to train with he team but then always gets an early release. Quality prop that Georgia could have used yesterday.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 18:14

Scrum was Georgia’s strongest part. Destroying our scrum was harder than losing the match.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 18:26

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
amz wrote:I don't know well Fijian forwards, especially the frontrowers but Manasa Saulo is an excellent scrummager.

So is Campese Ma'afu.
Leone Nakarava
Api Ratunayrawa
Waqaniborotu
Qera and Mata.

They are very strong.

Fiji has 15 world stars in their squad.

Scary to think about team who has Radradra, Nadolo, Nagusa Vatubua Goneva and others in thei back line.

Fiji is outstanding team, the way they play, their line breaks, power, speed, offloads, basically everything. They are born to play Rugby.

Just destroyed world’s former strongest scrum. Fiji is my favorite team after Georgia and im not happy our ways are crossed on RWC when Italy is dealing with Namibia and Samoa(of caurse Samoa will win Repechage)

I said I don't know their forwards and wanted to mean that I know they're good but they arent exactly known for scrummaging skills.

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 20:31

fullbackace wrote:Haig's stubbornness caught up with him there. He always brings weaker replacements in scrums then assumes the starters will win the scrum and replacements will hold their own for few minutes at the end.

However that leaves you vulnerable on a rare occasion when starters have a bad day. if Chilachava is having a bad game and you go to the bench where you have someone like Melikidze sitting.. well you're screwed.

It's not like this is anything new. We've criticized coaches for this many times before, We lost to Romania because they decided bringing in Bekoshvili against Oaks scrum was somehow a good idea.

On the other hand if they stop with ignoring players like Kulashvili, Kakovin & Khatiashvili You're pretty much set.. If Chilachava or Nariashvili are having a bad day you'll have a whole team of beast props ready to come on.

Zhvania is not strong in scrums, even tho I've been a fan throughout his whole career he never developed into a reliable scrummager.

Melikidze, Tetrashvili, Bekoshvili, Tabidze - similar Younger players and smaller more dynamic props are welcome to play for some ENC games. Until/if they become world class like the starters.

You can delete Kaulashvili from your list - he got a french passport and declaire to struggle to be a part of Les Bleus. Bon chance pour lui.

As per your list I would add Mirtskhulava who actually was a part of main squad of Oyonnax last season

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 20:40

ZUKER wrote:
fullbackace wrote:Haig's stubbornness caught up with him there. He always brings weaker replacements in scrums then assumes the starters will win the scrum and replacements will hold their own for few minutes at the end.

You can delete Kaulashvili from your list - he got a french passport and declaire to struggle to be a part of Les Bleus. Bon chance pour lui.

As per your list I would add Mirtskhulava who actually was a part of main squad of Oyonnax last season. And you lost Peikrishvili for any reason

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby Scorpion » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 10:07

Last edited by Scorpion on Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby Scorpion » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 10:10

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 11:04

Scorpion wrote:Image

My goodness me... we are in 2018 and have all the talent in the world in our youngsters and still we play todua, khmaladze, kacharava, kvirikashvili in the backs... it is f***g unbelievable... Where is Mchedlidze, Modebadze? Are Malaguradze, kvirikashvili, todua and khmaladze the guys who should win in 2019 against nadolo, radradra and tuisova? Is this a joke? He had 4 years and talented backs from the U20 to develop them and he comes out with our scrums going backwards, not a single maul working and kvirikashvili and todua in the backs... what.a.joke.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby welshdragon2000 » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 11:13

Hopefully Abzhandadze and Aprasidze will get their chances in the autumn after good showings in the U20s. Also Tapladze should have a chance to prove himself as I thought he looked good. Kvirikashvilli and Khmaladze out and Lobzhandidze doesn't impress me much despite the hype so bring in the 3 U20s soon to see if they are ready for the international stage yet. Georgia will get nowhere at the World Cup having Khmaladze at 10 and the rest of the backs for that matter. Scrum needs to be sorted as well, I have no clue what the new forwards coach has done to it.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 20:46

datodato wrote:
Scorpion wrote:Image

My goodness me... we are in 2018 and have all the talent in the world in our youngsters and still we play todua, khmaladze, kacharava, kvirikashvili in the backs... it is f***g unbelievable... Where is Mchedlidze, Modebadze? Are Malaguradze, kvirikashvili, todua and khmaladze the guys who should win in 2019 against nadolo, radradra and tuisova? Is this a joke? He had 4 years and talented backs from the U20 to develop them and he comes out with our scrums going backwards, not a single maul working and kvirikashvili and todua in the backs... what.a.joke.

I agree that some of them need replacing but they have to choose from the players that are on tour. The tour started during U20 RWC so they couldn't call youngsters... As far as selection is concerned Mchedlidze and Matiashvili were atrocious last game. Todua did better than both of them so I see why they might've switched it around. You say Khmaladze won't win any favor against Fiji at the world cup but neither will Matiashvili at 15 and Mchedlidze on the wing. One is too weak to stop the Big Fijians and the other is slower than a snail. Also Malaguradze is 100% necessary for this team since Khmaladze has trouble kicking the ball for the lineouts.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Postby Seaton » Sat, 23 Jun 2018, 05:51

Any streams for Japan?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 23 Jun 2018, 07:18

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum