Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Tier 2/3 Player Transfers and Movements 2015/16

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Tier 2/3 Player Transfers and Movements 2015/16

Postby CM » Thu, 16 Jun 2016, 19:03

23 year old German tighthead joins SC Albi in Pro D2 from Heidelberger RK.

EDit: Uups yes I was talking about Samy Füchsel. I had a beer, and lost track of it.
Last edited by CM on Thu, 16 Jun 2016, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby sammo » Thu, 16 Jun 2016, 20:18

His name is Samy Füschel ^^^^^^

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 11:30

Mike Dias from CDUL to Hull Ionians in National 1

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 29 Jun 2016, 11:56

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36651657

Glasgow Warriors sign lock Tjiuee Uanivi from Super Rugby's Sharks

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby HMFCalltheway » Fri, 01 Jul 2016, 18:54

It's a few days old but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I thought I better mention Palamo is going back across the pond after the Olympics:

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... tournament

He really does seem to flutter between clubs. He might actually get a few games this year as their centres were probably the weakest part of their team last season and they got shown by their Doncaster opponents in the play-offs. He is also their only addition in the centres so far after promotion.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 11 Jul 2016, 13:42

Since will affect player's movements, probably this is the appropriate thread to post this:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/major-r ... g-players/

It's quite radical I must say, much more radical than I would have thought. Rule change is too sudden, people will be on 3-4 year contracts, wtf clubs are supposed to do about this? Odd though that the LNR is basically the clubs, it'd make more sense the FFR dong something to shift the balance of power than LNR, so what's going on I wonder? Massive short time change

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby tryman » Mon, 11 Jul 2016, 18:08

amz wrote:Since will affect player's movements, probably this is the appropriate thread to post this:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/major-r ... g-players/

It's quite radical I must say, much more radical than I would have thought. Rule change is too sudden, people will be on 3-4 year contracts, wtf clubs are supposed to do about this? Odd though that the LNR is basically the clubs, it'd make more sense the FFR dong something to shift the balance of power than LNR, so what's going on I wonder? Massive short time change

This will have a serious impact on Georgian player development. Initally I think they'll be the biggest T2 club to lose out under the new rules.

Great for youth player development for the French.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Mon, 11 Jul 2016, 18:44

Given that there aren't any greater number of quality French youngsters this will only lower the standard of play for all whilst also increasing costs for all clubs as the talented French players are much much more valuable. It will also harm the ability of foreign players from T2 nations to gain professional employment in France, I can't see how that is a good thing for T2 nations.

They would be better off investing in youth and academy rugby to improve the next generation, that's what has worked in England its no coincidence that the results of the U-20s over the last 7 years have fed into the respective national teams.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Mon, 11 Jul 2016, 21:29

From what I understood, it will not change a lot.

Today if a Top14 signs an espoir contract to a 22 years old south african player, this player did not count as non-JIFF until the end of his espoirs contract.
With the new rule he will count as a non-JIFF.

But when a player will play 3 years in a academy, he will still count as a JIFF.

To be confirmed but that's what I understood from french articles.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Tue, 12 Jul 2016, 11:22

It will have a huge impact on all tier 2 countries that have young players in the French clubs.

Foreign players will not be anymore considered JIFF players.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/20 ... tory.shtml

According to the following source, there is no caveat to this decision. So although the foreign young player had played 3 years in a French academy, he will not count as a JIFF player. It seems logic given that such decision will be useless if they accept a 3 years residency in a French academy.

http://www.onrugby.it/2016/07/12/franci ... nazionali/

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby zob79 » Tue, 12 Jul 2016, 18:11

Warpath wrote:
amz wrote:pretty strange, he was reserve at Steaua Bucharest and when he entered the pitch he was average.

romania maybe be good for fijian front rows, but it kills the abilities of fijian backline players thus why no one goes there..

How does Romania kill the abilities of fijian backline players? (fortunately it doesn't kill their wage expectations, otherwise they wouldn't flock here)

National Flag:
FijiFiji

Postby Warpath » Wed, 13 Jul 2016, 01:02

zob79 wrote:
Warpath wrote:
amz wrote:pretty strange, he was reserve at Steaua Bucharest and when he entered the pitch he was average.

romania maybe be good for fijian front rows, but it kills the abilities of fijian backline players thus why no one goes there..

How does Romania kill the abilities of fijian backline players? (fortunately it doesn't kill their wage expectations, otherwise they wouldn't flock here)

When was the last time Romania's backline was 'acknowledged'? ..Romania is known for creating good front row players but not inside backs, outside backs or playmakers..

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 13 Jul 2016, 05:46

Warpath wrote:
zob79 wrote:
Warpath wrote:

When was the last time Romania's backline was 'acknowledged'? ..Romania is known for creating good front row players but not inside backs, outside backs or playmakers..

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've read here. Based on your logic, Timisoara and than Toulon shouldn't have transferred Manasa Saulo because it is known that Fijians are not good frontrow forwards. :lol:

There are Fijians in Romania, backs even (Taniela Rawaqa) and their play is not killed by the style of play. Super Liga is far of a forward business and many Islanders fare well here.

Kenatale was quite average at XV being used to run sideways or try to solve phases by running too often from the back of the ruck without proper support. His distribution was average and lacked tactical awareness. Otherwise a good runner with ball in hand but from a scrum-half you expect more.

National Flag:
SerbiaSerbia

Postby Luka37 » Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 08:08

French side RC Vichy, Federal 3, announced that two Serbian internationals, No.8 and skipper BORIS MARTIC (29 years, 1.88m-108kg) and Lock VLADO RADEKA (21 years, 1.98m-110kg) , is going to play for club in next season.

https://www.facebook.com/RCVichy/?fref=ts

Two another Serbian internationals , Hooker ISTOK TOTIC (21) and Flanker MILAN MARINKOVIC (23) stay in Scotland club Ardrossan Academicals RFC.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 15:16

Alcobendas (ESP) sign Portuguese Props Bruno Rocha and Francisco Domingues

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 16:00

And Chilean Matías Cabrera, plus many Spanish internationals. They have done a terrific job in recruitment for next season.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 17:05

Are they strengthen their squad for a possible European competition?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 17:16

I don't think Europe is in their sight right now. But it will be a serious contender for national honours nevertheless.

National Flag:
FijiFiji

Postby Warpath » Fri, 15 Jul 2016, 04:02

amz wrote:
Warpath wrote:
zob79 wrote:
Warpath wrote:

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've read here. Based on your logic, Timisoara and than Toulon shouldn't have transferred Manasa Saulo because it is known that Fijians are not good frontrow forwards. :lol:

There are Fijians in Romania, backs even (Taniela Rawaqa) and their play is not killed by the style of play. Super Liga is far of a forward business and many Islanders fare well here.

Kenatale was quite average at XV being used to run sideways or try to solve phases by running too often from the back of the ruck without proper support. His distribution was average and lacked tactical awareness. Otherwise a good runner with ball in hand but from a scrum-half you expect more.

Rawaqa was actually one of the worst players we ever had...he couldn't even make it in 2nd division in france...the main reason Saulo went to Romania was to develop as a prop and he did, but he is a prop, not a backline player, kenatale is the only good fijian back in romania..Saulo was picked by toulon because of the RWC where he was tagged the best loose head in pool stages, nothing to do with where he was playing his rugby then and since he was fijian, he was "cheaper" to get than a romanian ..Kenatale will now play for glasgow warriors who have lost all their fijians actually...from 4 to zero....

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 16 Jul 2016, 14:13

Warpath wrote:Rawaqa was actually one of the worst players we ever had...he couldn't even make it in 2nd division in france...the main reason Saulo went to Romania was to develop as a prop and he did, but he is a prop, not a backline player, kenatale is the only good fijian back in romania..Saulo was picked by toulon because of the RWC where he was tagged the best loose head in pool stages, nothing to do with where he was playing his rugby then and since he was fijian, he was "cheaper" to get than a romanian ..Kenatale will now play for glasgow warriors who have lost all their fijians actually...from 4 to zero....

You kind of contradict yourself. He come to develop as a prop, which he probably did but following his performances to RWC he was transfered but this has nothing to do with his club where he developed :roll: Do you think players are transferred at this level after 1-2 good matches? Because he didn't play more due to disciplinary ban.

National Flag:
FijiFiji

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jul 2016, 14:27

amz wrote:
Warpath wrote:Rawaqa was actually one of the worst players we ever had...he couldn't even make it in 2nd division in france...the main reason Saulo went to Romania was to develop as a prop and he did, but he is a prop, not a backline player, kenatale is the only good fijian back in romania..Saulo was picked by toulon because of the RWC where he was tagged the best loose head in pool stages, nothing to do with where he was playing his rugby then and since he was fijian, he was "cheaper" to get than a romanian ..Kenatale will now play for glasgow warriors who have lost all their fijians actually...from 4 to zero....

You kind of contradict yourself. He come to develop as a prop, which he probably did but following his performances to RWC he was transfered but this has nothing to do with his club where he developed :roll: Do you think players are transferred at this level after 1-2 good matches? Because he didn't play more due to disciplinary ban.

Yes, as i said, PROP, which is a FRONT ROW position which romania is good at developing..taniela rawaqa was a 10/15 (backline) which is not something roamnia is famous for...how many famous romanian backline players do non-romanians know?, I can name 2 dozen fijian backs, not a single romanian one..

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 16 Jul 2016, 18:03

As it reads what you posted it wasn't a comparison between between Rawaqa and Saulo; Secondly, what I asked was about Saulo developing or not in Romania, this was the contradiction, you first mentioned that he transferred in Romania to develop, obviously as a frontrow but than you said he wasn't transferred to Toulon because of that but because of good play. This is what I asked you. Make up your mind or stop go off track.

National Flag:
FijiFiji

Postby Warpath » Sun, 17 Jul 2016, 06:07

amz wrote:As it reads what you posted it wasn't a comparison between between Rawaqa and Saulo; Secondly, what I asked was about Saulo developing or not in Romania, this was the contradiction, you first mentioned that he transferred in Romania to develop, obviously as a frontrow but than you said he wasn't transferred to Toulon because of that but because of good play. This is what I asked you. Make up your mind or stop go off track.

he was transferred to toulon because of his performance at the RWC under "fiji colors"..The Toulon scouts id not find him in Romania, that found him at the RWC..yes he went to romania because props develop better there, he threw an offer from a ProD2 club, but he made Toulon/Toulouse because of his RWC performance..

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Tue, 19 Jul 2016, 16:53

Beauvais RC (Fédérale 2) signs chilian international Leonardo Montoya : http://www.itsrugby.fr/joueur-13834.html

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby Scorpion » Thu, 21 Jul 2016, 13:49

George Nemsadze (lock) joins Bristol on 2 year deal

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum