Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Sevens World Series/7's News

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sun, 16 Apr 2017, 16:31

grande wrote:Watching the highlights... Not a great turnout in Singapore. Not a great turnout for the Sunwolves there, either. I wonder how many people will be at that Scotland/Italy game this summer?

I went to some of the first WSS tournaments at Twickenham, the turnout there was low at first especially for the pool games on day 1. In fact the first day of pool matches was even moved to The Stoop (Harlequins FC) one time I went.

It could take time to build a large fanbase.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Deadtigers » Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 15:40

A guy in the other rugby form that lives in Singapore said that it was pretty good attendance. The national stadium seats 55K so it is tough for it to look full. When you consider there loads of people on the Concourse and all, the turnout was pretty. The key is what was the 2 day total and tickets sold.

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Tue, 18 Apr 2017, 00:09

Coloradoan wrote:
grande wrote:Holy shit! I couldn't watch the games, as they were in the middle of the night, but like... What happened? Were Canada & the US just firing on all cylinders yesterday?

This is a great result... It's good to see Canada's men doing well.

On another note, I just realised, NZ haven't won a cup at all this season; not since Vancouver 2016, over a year ago. They're currently in 4th, their worst position since 08-09. Pretty crazy.

Congrats to Canada.

For NZ, they could still even finish 5th. USA only 9 points behind them with 2 legs left.

US got a tough draw for Paris but in the end they sort of control their fate. Argentina can upset NZ (and US). But if US can send NZ down to the trophy and finish top, could close That gap.

Bigger concern is that US bombed in Paris last year and we heard interviews with friday about guys struggling with the food provided in Paris and the event not being organized well in its first year. Hope they come prepared.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 18 Apr 2017, 02:51

9 points a bit of a hump, but, win the pool, get to the semi-finals and that closes the gap a bit.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum