Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Sevens World Series/7's News

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 10:27

Yes, it's Wordpress ...

Here's another story: Is Fiji's sevens team really in chaos? Probably not...

https://planet7s.com/2019/02/21/is-fiji ... unce-back/


Thomas wrote:
planet7s wrote:Yes, that's a good idea. I"m trying to figure out if there is a way I can automatically post on Facebook each time I publish a new story. Maybe one way is to use only links from the website on Facebook posts.

Canalina wrote:I could suggest you to link the website to a facebook page, but it's a double-cut blade: the "readers" love the immediacy of facebook so it appears a good tool to attract people; but, for the same reason, they tend to avoid the website when it has a more quickly readable facebook page.
The same news receives 40 likes if I put it directly on the facebook post and 4 likes if it can be read only clicking the link to our website... :?


Is this Wordpress?

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 10:30

Wow ... thanks for that advice. I'll look into it.

iul wrote:You can post from the RSS to your facebook page with ifttt.com
It's free.

Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 10:32

Spain looks set to send three debutants to American rounds of Sevens World Series, two U20 and an U18. Squad is yet to be published.

Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:40
Location: Europe
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Thomas » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 10:36

planet7s wrote:Yes, it's Wordpress ...

Here's another story: Is Fiji's sevens team really in chaos? Probably not...

https://planet7s.com/2019/02/21/is-fiji ... unce-back/


Thomas wrote:
planet7s wrote:Yes, that's a good idea. I"m trying to figure out if there is a way I can automatically post on Facebook each time I publish a new story. Maybe one way is to use only links from the website on Facebook posts.

Canalina wrote:I could suggest you to link the website to a facebook page, but it's a double-cut blade: the "readers" love the immediacy of facebook so it appears a good tool to attract people; but, for the same reason, they tend to avoid the website when it has a more quickly readable facebook page.
The same news receives 40 likes if I put it directly on the facebook post and 4 likes if it can be read only clicking the link to our website... :?


Is this Wordpress?


I was going to say there is a FB plug in you can add for FB to a Page or personal account, also you can use RSS and other sharing options. I use them for my website.

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 10:56

Thanks Thomas and others for the advice...

Something to explore. First of all need to start a FB page. Need to step back a bit first after doing the website all by myself ... hopefully get an FB page by early next week.

Thomas wrote:
planet7s wrote:Yes, it's Wordpress ...

Here's another story: Is Fiji's sevens team really in chaos? Probably not...

https://planet7s.com/2019/02/21/is-fiji ... unce-back/


Thomas wrote:
planet7s wrote:Yes, that's a good idea. I"m trying to figure out if there is a way I can automatically post on Facebook each time I publish a new story. Maybe one way is to use only links from the website on Facebook posts.

Canalina wrote:I could suggest you to link the website to a facebook page, but it's a double-cut blade: the "readers" love the immediacy of facebook so it appears a good tool to attract people; but, for the same reason, they tend to avoid the website when it has a more quickly readable facebook page.
The same news receives 40 likes if I put it directly on the facebook post and 4 likes if it can be read only clicking the link to our website... :?


Is this Wordpress?


I was going to say there is a FB plug in you can add for FB to a Page or personal account, also you can use RSS and other sharing options. I use them for my website.

User avatar
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby iul » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 11:47

you should also post your stuff on reddit.com/r/rugbyunion ... they have 80k subscribers

User avatar
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Canalina » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 12:17

Hard to find scores from Naples 7s day two; it's not a full-criteria tournament and I've seen that all the federations apart Italy call "Development" their team, so probably the scores are not considered very important.
There was a good crowd in day one, also because of the novelty of the event; it would be nice if Italian Federation considered the idea of hosting a Grand Prix stage in Napoli

User avatar
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby NaBUru38 » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 15:18


User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Thu, 21 Feb 2019, 15:35

Thanks very much.

We did a preview for the Naples tournament from an England perspective. There are many other tournaments around the world that can be covered, at club or amateur level, but it's a matter of collaborating with unions and clubs to get prompt information.

Hopefully they will be increasingly aware of media requirements as we give more coverage to sevens.

NaBUru38 wrote:https://planet7s.com/2019/02/21/40-teams-to-contest-hong-kong-sevens-world-series-mens-and-womens-qualifiers/
Nice summary :)

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Thu, 28 Feb 2019, 04:13

Here's a LV Sevens quiz if anyone is interested... v simple one and formatting. testing

https://planet7s.com/2019/02/27/813/

User avatar
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Canalina » Fri, 01 Mar 2019, 22:27

Rugby Europe published the Euro U18 fixtures, to be played in august (boys) and september (girls)
Unfortunately no Italy in both the tournaments

Boys champ'ship https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... ampionship
Boys trophy https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... oys-trophy
Girls champ'ship https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... ampionship

User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed, 20 Feb 2019, 08:28
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby planet7s » Fri, 01 Mar 2019, 23:52

Hi Folks

Hope everybody has a great weekend. USA Sevens starts today. Should be good!

https://planet7s.com/2019/03/02/849/

Posts: 4729
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sat, 02 Mar 2019, 06:56

Chile drew with South Africa. :shock: Beat Japan tomorrow by 26 points and they could sneak into the QF.

Posts: 4983
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby victorsra » Sat, 02 Mar 2019, 12:55

Vamos Chile!! Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

User avatar
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby iul » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 07:03

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/inter ... -cut-costs
RFU considering axing England and going with Team GB to save money and share costs with SRU and WRU.

Posts: 1948
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby sk 88 » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 13:24

As discussed ad nauseam this would be a net positive for world rugby (deliberate lower case) as it would open the series to two more countries and align with the Olympics better.

I must say I preferred the option of staying as England(/Scotland/Wales) but withdrawing from the Olympics.

User avatar
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby 4N » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 16:06

GB is the way to go. Adds another big team at the top and frees up spots for emerging nations.

Posts: 4983
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby victorsra » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 18:04

That's good news for everybody, specially now that Ireland is growing in rugby sevens and will be a core team soon...
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:40
Location: Europe
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Thomas » Thu, 07 Mar 2019, 20:36

It also made tonight's 6:00 news on BBC News

RFU considering scrapping England Sevens for GB team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47482640

EDIT* The real scandal is what the RFU doing with their money, the most resourced country in terms of players, teams, clubs and international structure. Perhaps they should be looking at costs of Management and committees before cutting playing resources - less prawn sandwiches, freebies and first class flights would be a start, also Twickenham underutilized. they should maximize their resources.

Posts: 146
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2015, 04:30
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby nick511 » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 00:37

The question now if this goes ahead is how they will introduce the 2 new teams. You feel Ireland will be favourite for the qualifier this year, with Germany, Russia and Chile not far behind. These teams may well be aware that even a 2nd or third place finish might be enough this year (even though there is not 3rd place game for the qualifier, the introduction of this game might be a clue if WR think something is going to change). Or Europe might try to do a straight swap in the Grand Prix series I'm not sure how it will work.

Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 01:17

Wait first to see whether Wales gets relegated...

Posts: 4983
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby victorsra » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 02:02

Well definitly World Rugby would scrap relegation (they dont want to loose Japan, because of the Olympics) and simply promote 2 teams. Ireland probably + a new T2 nation \o/
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

User avatar
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby NaBUru38 » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 15:11

Wales and Scotland might disagree with a combined British team.

Posts: 469
Joined: Sun, 06 Dec 2015, 06:42
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby snapper37 » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 16:15

4N wrote:GB is the way to go. Adds another big team at the top and frees up spots for emerging nations.



Isn't it funny how RFU think of other nations when it supports their needs.(you cant beat them solo so join forces and have an instant top team. I guess Tonga, Samoa and Fiji can form a team as can Argentina, USA and Canada. Garbage idea. Scotland doesn't even like England.

User avatar
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: Sevens World Series/7's News

Postby 4N » Fri, 08 Mar 2019, 16:25

It’s because they play together in the Olympics. I really don’t think the RFU is looking to plunder SRU and WRU players and money. They want British government funding for 7s.

Also as others have pointed out, with the current teams in place Ireland is likely to replace a T2 union. GB would free up a couple of spots.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair Fan, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 14 guests