WalesWales

Re: Rugby in Austria

Postby dwpeate » Wed, 29 Aug 2018, 18:56

Early suggestions that USA South win 51-0

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby getienne » Sat, 01 Sep 2018, 16:21

Austin Dacanay, the USA South Panther's hooker and Tampa Krewe RFC (Florida) is a former Philippines player (at least 28 caps) and the current Assistant Rugby Coach of the Philippines team.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/austin-dacanay-008516160

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Fri, 19 Oct 2018, 10:00

Can someone explain me how work the premiership ?
Last season Ljubljana wasn't in the semi finals according to rugby austria, but they were third of the League ? Or was it only final phases for the austrian title ?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 19 Oct 2018, 10:47

vino_93 wrote:Or was it only final phases for the austrian title ?

This.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby Tintifax » Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 01:06

Yes League (Alpine Rugby Championship) and Austrian Championship are different tournaments but communicating vessels.
There is a 2nd table for the Austrian Championship without the games against foreign Clubs (Bratislava & Olimpija in this season). The 4 best Clubs of this table plays the PO for Austrian Championship after ARC-season.

The 2nd league plays Xs-Rugby in this season.
Tigers Rugby, Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria: Website, Facebook, Ladies' Facebook, Twitter

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby rob.bot0101 » Fri, 26 Oct 2018, 19:51

Sorry if this comes off as pretentious. But does anyone know how I would go about trying to represent Austria? My grandmother was born there and, while he was born in Germany, my dad spent his childhood in Vienna. I've been playing for the past 8 years and started when I was in high school. I have no clue if I'm good enough to represent Austria but want to at least try. Any information would be appreciated!

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby sammo » Fri, 26 Oct 2018, 20:09

There was somebody on here who was connecting players with unions, I can’t remember who it was though. My first port of call would be to send an email to the National Union letting them know you’re interested, explaining your qualifications and playing history, and they can let you know whether they are interested and the next steps. Others might have more direct connections though. If you don’t get a reply by email I’ve had luck in the past simply messaging through Facebook on the Union’s page. Good luck!

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby Tintifax » Fri, 26 Oct 2018, 20:15

rob.bot0101 wrote:Sorry if this comes off as pretentious. But does anyone know how I would go about trying to represent Austria? My grandmother was born there and, while he was born in Germany, my dad spent his childhood in Vienna. I've been playing for the past 8 years and started when I was in high school. I have no clue if I'm good enough to represent Austria but want to at least try. Any information would be appreciated!

If your grandma has got Austrian citizenship you are eligible for Austrian squad (if you ve never played for US- or german NT). I have no idea about your skills & level. The guys in the current NT are seasoned players at amateur level. An other question is your time slot- I think the current Union prefers players who attends the high-performance-camps during the season- but there are some exceptions.

I will send you the email-address of the NT-Coach, he is an English.
Tigers Rugby, Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria: Website, Facebook, Ladies' Facebook, Twitter

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum