Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Portuguese Rugby

National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Portuguese Rugby

Postby dwpeate » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 11:13

amz wrote:
suofficer wrote:Portugal still have to play Romania for the play off, no date on that as far as I know

It's public here from 2 weeks already, 3 November.

Is there a source for this? Must have missed any announcement about it

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 11:23

dwpeate wrote:
amz wrote:
suofficer wrote:Portugal still have to play Romania for the play off, no date on that as far as I know

It's public here from 2 weeks already, 3 November.

Is there a source for this? Must have missed any announcement about it

Here was on a TV station an advert about the game. Not sure if it was announced officially by RE already

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 11:26

suofficer wrote:https://www.publico.pt/2018/07/18/desporto/entrevista/com-a-nossa-renuncia-pretendemos-evitar-mais-uma-guerra-1838299

Very interesting interview with the departing big cheese, you may need google translate

using my own translation, best quote for me is

"I fear that rugby might have fallen into the trap of finding a consensual solution in defense of two huge Portuguese clubs"

Depressing to read answers about Iberian League...

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 23 Jul 2018, 15:37

Agronomia to play Belenenses for the League title

"Following the decision of the Council of Justice of the Portuguese Rugby Federation, which validated the result of the game that AEIS Agronomia opposed to GD Direito on April 27, the final of the National Championship 1 2017/18 will be held in the next September 22, in Field A of the National Sports Complex of Jamor, in Oeiras, at a time to be defined, between AEIS Agronomia and CF Belenenses.

In the first of two CN1 semi-finals, the "agronomists" defeated the lawyers in the Tapada field by 15-12, and the Restelo Stadium team ensured their presence in the final after winning the GDS Cascais for 39 -10."

Mental. Will the winner of this go to europe?

Postby Raven » Mon, 23 Jul 2018, 16:19

suofficer wrote:So it looks like the entire board of the FPR has gone, resigned

From what I can see the Agronomia v Direito suspension and penalties have been nullified. So this potentially means this semi has to be replayed with a final yet to be played?

This will particularly hurt Agronomia who have already lost two overseas players one to Southern Kings and one to Spain.

So currently rudderless and heading quickly towards August ( a time in Portugal were even less than normal happens) the one positive is the U20s who soon head to Romania who are looking in good shape and with some genuine potential.

Portugal still have to play Romania for the play off, no date on that as far as I know

Shame. The sanction would have been exemplary in times where rugby values don´t seem unpolluted of other sport behaviors.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 01 Aug 2018, 16:05

https://24.sapo.pt/desporto/artigos/raguebi-os-sub-20-de-luis-pissarra-que-nao-querem-ficar-na-sombra-da-geracao-de-ouro

Pissarra's thoughts ahead of the U20 world trophy.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 07:26

Cascais will play Durham University onn Sep 20th

Digoo Hasse Ferreira who plays for Durham and Sale/Newcastle ( very briefly) started his rugby there so I'm assuming that's how that happened.

Cascais have lost their South African Currie cup players so will be interesting, Durham play in the University Super 8 competition, i would put that as equivalent to National 1.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby Shockterm » Sun, 16 Sep 2018, 21:38

As
suofficer wrote:Cascais will play Durham University onn Sep 20th

Digoo Hasse Ferreira who plays for Durham and Sale/Newcastle ( very briefly) started his rugby there so I'm assuming that's how that happened.

Cascais have lost their South African Currie cup players so will be interesting, Durham play in the University Super 8 competition, i would put that as equivalent to National 1.

Diogo is practicing with cascais, he will be playing in Portugal this year.
He got suspended last season

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 06:20

That's really interesting. I'm aware of the ban. I've see the RFU ruling on it. He should have taken better advice I believe on that matter. But nevermind.

Do you know who else cascais are bringing in this season? pr what other foreigners are going to domestic clubs?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby Shockterm » Wed, 19 Sep 2018, 08:14

suofficer wrote:

Do you know who else cascais are bringing in this season? pr what other foreigners are going to domestic clubs?

Agronomia played this weekend with only jose Rodrigues, dont know if he'll stay after the final this weekend.

Direito has no foreigners announced
Belenenses has another front rower in addition to the previous 2.

About Cascais i only know of Diogo

There should be more info after the final is played

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 24 Sep 2018, 06:59

Belenenses crowned Portuguese champions.......finally

So at least we know who will play in the Iberian cup. No European rugby it seems which is a huge disappointment.

From what i could see from the highlights Belenenses were pretty good, their Kiwi front row very dominant and allowed the back line a lot of ball. Agronomia with another year of disappointment , just can't get it right despite such a quality side.

In other news Cascais lost to Durham University. I didn't see the game but that's a fairly disappointing result. 26-12 to Durham Uni.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 24 Sep 2018, 17:24

Portugal will host Namibia on November 24th

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 24 Sep 2018, 17:45

Great! Although I still think we should find a way to play an Iberian derby... I would have loved to see us help you in May last two years...

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Tue, 23 Oct 2018, 11:25

Portugal will play Germany in a three part training game in Lisbon (Oeiras) on the 27th .

Portugal have called up a domestic based squad for this training game .

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Tue, 23 Oct 2018, 11:34

suofficer wrote:Portugal will play Germany in a three part training game in Lisbon (Oeiras) on the 27th .

Portugal have called up a domestic based squad for this training game .

So not an official test. How long is each of the three parts do we know?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Tue, 23 Oct 2018, 11:38

3 x 30 minutes. Makes it very clear its training for Portugal's v Romania and for Germany's repecharge.

i'll be interested to see which players are made available for the Romania game.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby mcruic » Sat, 27 Oct 2018, 14:24

Portuguese federation posted some pictures from the game, thanked Germany for the game, but did not mention the score. Probably because it was a training game, but you'd think they could have at least mentioned the score - does it really need to be a secret? Judging by the photos, it looked competitive enough.
Results, fixtures and (soon, I hope, dammit) rankings for 64 team sports @ http://theroonba.com

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby Shockterm » Sat, 27 Oct 2018, 18:42

mcruic wrote:Portuguese federation posted some pictures from the game, thanked Germany for the game, but did not mention the score. Probably because it was a training game, but you'd think they could have at least mentioned the score - does it really need to be a secret? Judging by the photos, it looked competitive enough.

Portugal 29-31Germany

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sat, 03 Nov 2018, 09:44

Hi guys!
Any chance to watch Italy-Georgia in Lisbon?

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum