Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

RWC 2019 Qualifying

User avatar
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Canalina » Fri, 29 Jun 2018, 07:40

Gilbert produced a series of RWC 2019 balls dedicated to every finalist nation. Curiously there are all the nations but Russia; maybe they had prepared the Romania balls and was forced to hurriedly delete them from the page : )
https://www.gilbertrugby.com/eng/collec ... -world-cup

User avatar
Posts: 1732
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Fri, 29 Jun 2018, 08:58

Teach this guy = Greg Stutchbury
SOMETHING = https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-rugby ... KKBN1JO0US

Fiji and Tonga automatically qualified from Oceania for next year’s tournament in Japan.

User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 23:16
National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Silver Fox » Sat, 30 Jun 2018, 12:32

Yes, he shouldn't have used the word automatically

Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sat, 30 Jun 2018, 12:38

I’d imagine the Russian rugby balls will be made eventually.

User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 23:16
National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Silver Fox » Sat, 30 Jun 2018, 12:45

I don't expect much from Germany or Africa 2 in November. But I do keep having the feeling that Hong Kong is flying under the radar atm.
Canada are generally considered heavy favorites for the repechage spot despite being on an all-time low.
I feel there is a good chance Hong Kong can catch Canada unawares and become the surprise participant for this World Cup.

Posts: 83
Joined: Sat, 11 Feb 2017, 01:16
National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby evil santa » Sat, 30 Jun 2018, 21:54

Canalina wrote:Gilbert produced a series of RWC 2019 balls dedicated to every finalist nation. Curiously there are all the nations but Russia; maybe they had prepared the Romania balls and was forced to hurriedly delete them from the page : )
https://www.gilbertrugby.com/eng/collec ... -world-cup

thatrugbyguy wrote:I’d imagine the Russian rugby balls will be made eventually.

I wouldn't be so sure they will since they do not ship items to Russia, at least I have not found any of possible Russia names in their list :twisted:

User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby NaBUru38 » Sun, 01 Jul 2018, 00:01

Canalina wrote:Gilbert produced a series of RWC 2019 balls dedicated to every finalist nation. Curiously there are all the nations but Russia; maybe they had prepared the Romania balls and was forced to hurriedly delete them from the page : )
https://www.gilbertrugby.com/eng/collec ... -world-cup


Those look awesome! I'll try to buy one for a nephew who plays at Cuervos.

Posts: 106
Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:48
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Tomster7uk » Mon, 02 Jul 2018, 13:11

Hahaha, "automatically qualified"....Doesn't know the process of Rugby World Cup qualification....I bet the person whom wrote that article would be like, Samoa, Fiji automatically qualified if Tonga was against Germany.

Posts: 106
Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:48
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Tomster7uk » Thu, 05 Jul 2018, 13:04

http://tomsrugbypress.wordpress.com

I have started to write a blog relating to the big topics of rugby world cup qualifying....

Posts: 769
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2015, 09:13
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby dwpeate » Sat, 07 Jul 2018, 10:25

Hong Kong qualify for the repechage winning their play off series v Cook Islands 77-3 on aggregate

Posts: 600
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Figaro » Tue, 10 Jul 2018, 11:19

Silver Fox wrote:I don't expect much from Germany or Africa 2 in November. But I do keep having the feeling that Hong Kong is flying under the radar atm.
Canada are generally considered heavy favorites for the repechage spot despite being on an all-time low.
I feel there is a good chance Hong Kong can catch Canada unawares and become the surprise participant for this World Cup.


It would be great to have two Asian participants given that this WC is in Asia, even if the Hong Kong team is largely expats/western-descent. I'll be supporting them in the repechage certainly.

Posts: 769
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2015, 09:13
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby dwpeate » Tue, 10 Jul 2018, 17:14

I think we could be surprised by Kenya and Germany (assuming Kenya don't flop to Tunisia and other teams start impressing of course, and also assuming that Germany don't win by 52 on Saturday, for everyone who was saying it was unfair to say Germany wouldn't qualify)

Last year: Kenya 29-30 Germany, Germany won at the death I believe.

Hong Kong 40-30 Kenya

User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby NaBUru38 » Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 01:09

It all depends on which players appear for each team, especially for Germany and Samoa

Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Neptune » Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 03:01

NaBUru38 wrote:It all depends on which players appear for each team, especially for Germany and Samoa


I don't understand what you are saying, but for Germany's sake, I hope you are right. As far as im concerned, that was Germany's first team, with players like Raynor Parkinson in the lineup

User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby NaBUru38 » Mon, 16 Jul 2018, 00:53

Excuse my poor writing. I meant to discuss about the repechage.

Hong Kong and Africa 3 will have no trouble in assembling the best team. Germany and Canada might.

Posts: 2393
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 16 Jul 2018, 07:07

NaBUru38 wrote:Excuse my poor writing. I meant to discuss about the repechage.

Hong Kong and Africa 3 will have no trouble in assembling the best team. Germany and Canada might.


You mean Africa2, Africa3 will be eliminated.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

User avatar
Posts: 1732
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 16 Jul 2018, 08:52

Image

Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Neptune » Tue, 17 Jul 2018, 00:08

RugbyLiebe wrote:
NaBUru38 wrote:Excuse my poor writing. I meant to discuss about the repechage.

Hong Kong and Africa 3 will have no trouble in assembling the best team. Germany and Canada might.


You mean Africa2, Africa3 will be eliminated.


Africa 3 kind of sounds politically correct if you put South Africa in the picture.

User avatar
Posts: 2238
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby 4N » Tue, 17 Jul 2018, 00:15

Huh? No one called Russia Europe 8. They were Europe 1 because they took that qualifying spot.

Posts: 2393
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 17 Jul 2018, 06:59

4N wrote:Huh? No one called Russia Europe 8. They were Europe 1 because they took that qualifying spot.


You are politically incorrect then by Neptune's opinion (do you even know what politically incorrect means, Neptune?). Greatings from Europe9 who just lost against Oceania5 and will now play not only Africa3 but also Americas4 and Asia2.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Neptune » Tue, 17 Jul 2018, 18:36

RugbyLiebe wrote:
4N wrote:Huh? No one called Russia Europe 8. They were Europe 1 because they took that qualifying spot.


You are politically incorrect then by Neptune's opinion (do you even know what politically incorrect means, Neptune?). Greatings from Europe9 who just lost against Oceania5 and will now play not only Africa3 but also Americas4 and Asia2.


Hehehe :lol: :lol: lol, ok, Let's just go back to the original names

Posts: 413
Joined: Sun, 11 May 2014, 18:08
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby sanitycheck » Wed, 18 Jul 2018, 08:26

Neptune wrote:
NaBUru38 wrote:It all depends on which players appear for each team, especially for Germany and Samoa


I don't understand what you are saying, but for Germany's sake, I hope you are right. As far as im concerned, that was Germany's first team, with players like Raynor Parkinson in the lineup


Was close to it, there is still a couple of guys that you could add to that team to strengthen it, but yes, it was the strongest "available" team .
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

Posts: 106
Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:48
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby Tomster7uk » Wed, 18 Jul 2018, 22:09

https://tomsrugbypress.wordpress.com/

Updated: You are far welcome to give me some feedback.

Posts: 4480
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby thatrugbyguy » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 04:04

I'd recommend some type of banner for the site.

User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: RWC 2019 Qualifying

Postby NaBUru38 » Fri, 20 Jul 2018, 15:35

A suggestion: when you reference Wikipedia, add a link to that page.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests