Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum - View topic - Moldovan rugby

Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Moldovan rugby

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Moldovan rugby

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 15 May 2018, 07:59

Moldavian rugby is in very bad estate. If you think Romania don't have good juniors, Moldova is a total disaster right now. No players, no infrastructure and no money. Add to that a internal conflict that lead to most of their foreign based players to not represent their National team and you have the full picture.

They plan to have a team in Romanian second league next year. I really feel sorry for them, their full squad should give a scare to REC teams not to be relegated from Trophy. They are built for rugby but i m not to optimistic about the future of this sport in Moldova.

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Tue, 15 May 2018, 08:09

the whole country is in a ruinous state. They lose population through migration, they are the poorest country in Europe, least developed etc etc.
Still, rugbywise, they have a strong and richer country as a neighbor, and could in theory benefit from that.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Tue, 15 May 2018, 16:32

Disappointing to hear these things but figured that since Moldova is so poor that it wouldn't be in the best position for a pro team. But if the country can really get behind it then maybe you could at least get more interest in the sport. From my limited knowledge of former former Soviet Bloc states (essentially just the scene from EuroTrip), I wasn't expecting big things to happen outside of growing the sport locally.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum