Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 15 Feb 2017, 21:09

RugbyLiebe wrote:
amz wrote:Maybe he have a parent born in Romania :lol:


No worries, the Golden Age of Romanian eligible players with parents born in Romania will be there in 15-20 years and last for at least 50 years, if those grand-parent-laws are not changed.


Well, Attila Septar and Tudor Stroe are Romanian who grew up in France and hot prospects too. Guess what, they don't want to play for Romania before they have a chance to play for France.

sammo wrote:
The squad listing here for 2012 Fiji Warriors game vs Tonga A has 'Eseri Vueti' who is the only Vueti in the squad; http://fijisun.com.fj/2012/10/10/whippy ... -warriors/

The world rugby report has Vueti coming on the field at 62 mins; http://www.worldrugby.org/match/13921

His bio on the Steaua website also lists 'Fiji A'; http://www.steauarugby.com/ro/players/80/

I'm pretty sure its him

Thanks, I didn't found that link although I googled for a while. Odd that an Fijian source didn't wrote his name corectly.

Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 14:19
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby sammo » Wed, 15 Feb 2017, 22:45

amz wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
amz wrote:Maybe he have a parent born in Romania :lol:


No worries, the Golden Age of Romanian eligible players with parents born in Romania will be there in 15-20 years and last for at least 50 years, if those grand-parent-laws are not changed.


Well, Attila Septar and Tudor Stroe are Romanian who grew up in France and hot prospects too. Guess what, they don't want to play for Romania before they have a chance to play for France.

sammo wrote:
The squad listing here for 2012 Fiji Warriors game vs Tonga A has 'Eseri Vueti' who is the only Vueti in the squad; http://fijisun.com.fj/2012/10/10/whippy ... -warriors/

The world rugby report has Vueti coming on the field at 62 mins; http://www.worldrugby.org/match/13921

His bio on the Steaua website also lists 'Fiji A'; http://www.steauarugby.com/ro/players/80/

I'm pretty sure its him

Thanks, I didn't found that link although I googled for a while. Odd that an Fijian source didn't wrote his name corectly.


This is the same guy with his name spelled three different ways in three different sources, so maybe its a cultural thing

http://www.fbc.com.fj/sports/8465/vueti ... d-warriors
http://www.therugbyagents.com/profile-v9oNhdLKzo.html
http://www.thejetnewspaper.com/2013/02/ ... d-for-prc/

Posts: 1436
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 16 Feb 2017, 12:10

Are there news on the state of the pitch in Arcul de Triumf? A Spanish journalist has tweeted a photo that isn't exactly promising:
Image
https://twitter.com/jmibanezca/status/8 ... 5311853569

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 16 Feb 2017, 13:22

I've seen it last evening. Snow stratum isn't big, rather small (less than 10 cm) and the pitch was protected from frost this way as nocturnal temperatures are rather low and if it would have been removed so far it was a danger to become frozen. I think it will be much better Saturday compared with how it was few years ago at the match vs Portugal.

Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby sk 88 » Fri, 17 Feb 2017, 17:27

RugbyLiebe wrote:
4N wrote:Looks like Romania tried to call up an ineligible player. https://rugbyest.com/trouble-over-eseri ... or-romania


From your link "In conclusion, Eseria Vueti isn’t eligible to play for Romania’s fifteen-a-side team. He won’t be until he acquires Romanian citizenship AND plays an Olympic qualifying tournament."

I thought this eligibility hole was just open for the very first Olympics? Is it still in place. (not that it matters now as the next qualification tournament will probably be in 2020.



No its open for future Olympics but the stand down period is now longer (3 years or maybe even 4 years rather than 18 months I think).

Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby 4N » Fri, 24 Feb 2017, 13:25

Confirmed: Vueti ineligible for Romania https://frr.ro/2017/02/24/eseria-vueti- ... u-stejari/

Kudos to the FRR for issuing a release instead of ignoring it. And to the blog Rugby Est for first pointing this out.

Posts: 832
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby beber » Wed, 01 Mar 2017, 17:10

Some decent signings at Timisoara

- prop Marzuq Maarman (Eastern Province)
- prop Pieter Stemmet (SWD Eagles)
- backrow James Doyle (Jersey) ex Sale, Leicester - played Champions Cup
- backrow Michael Stewart (Southland)
- scrumhalf Henry Senioli (10 caps for Fiji) ex Benetton Treviso, played 2015 RWC
- flyhalf Stefano Hunt (Sydney Université) ex Western Force, 1 Super Rugby cap

User avatar
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu, 17 Jul 2014, 10:29
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Horsehead » Wed, 01 Mar 2017, 19:29

beber wrote:Some decent signings at Timisoara

- prop Marzuq Maarman (Eastern Province)
- prop Pieter Stemmet (SWD Eagles)
- backrow James Doyle (Jersey) ex Sale, Leicester - played Champions Cup
- backrow Michael Stewart (Southland)
- scrumhalf Henry Senioli (10 caps for Fiji) ex Benetton Treviso, played 2015 RWC
- flyhalf Stefano Hunt (Sydney Université) ex Western Force, 1 Super Rugby cap


Is this immediate or for next season?

Posts: 832
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby beber » Wed, 01 Mar 2017, 20:43

Horsehead wrote:
beber wrote:Some decent signings at Timisoara

- prop Marzuq Maarman (Eastern Province)
- prop Pieter Stemmet (SWD Eagles)
- backrow James Doyle (Jersey) ex Sale, Leicester - played Champions Cup
- backrow Michael Stewart (Southland)
- scrumhalf Henry Senioli (10 caps for Fiji) ex Benetton Treviso, played 2015 RWC
- flyhalf Stefano Hunt (Sydney University) ex Western Force, 1 Super Rugby cap


Is this immediate or for next season?


Immédiate. Timisoara will only be able to include three in the squad for the Challenge Cup playoffs against Krasny Yar

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed, 25 May 2016, 20:15
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby luca tim » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 19:32

Yesterday, in a test match, Steaua won 24-5 against Timisoara. The match had 3 distinct periods of 30 minutes, over which more players were used by both sides. I don't know how the new players had integrated into the team, a lot of players also involved with the national team, still a bit worried about the next confrontation against Krasny Yar. Major concern is Shennan, who seemed seriously injured today, against Georgia. With our scrum more improvised and shakier than ever in the last 2 years, the backs are the main weapon against the Russians.

Posts: 186
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 14:30
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Stef » Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 08:07

Superliga restarts this week:

24.03.2017 CS Dinamo Bucuresti - CSM Bucuresti
25.03.2017 CS Universitatea Cluj - CSA Steaua Bucuresti
26.03.2017 CS Politehnica Iasi - CSM Stiinta Baia Mare (this one will be live on Rugby Tv www.rugbytv.ro)

Superliga table here:

https://www.super-liga.ro/superliga/clasament/

Also the second division DNS will start this week. CS Navodari will probably earn the right to promote in the Superliga, but there are very low chances that this team will embrace a fully professional form. However, organizers of Superliga promised to make great effort to increase the number of teams from 7 to 8.

DNS table here:

https://www.super-liga.ro/dns/clasament/

Posts: 832
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby beber » Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 20:12

Image

Dinamo Bucharest signs 2 georgians :
- prop Giorgi Tsutskiridze
- winger/fullback Davit Gulitashvili (U20 international)

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 07:44

I heard about Gulitashvili but do you have any info about Tsutskiridze?

Posts: 614
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 09:37

amz wrote:I heard about Gulitashvili but do you have any info about Tsutskiridze?

havent heared about Giorgi Tsitskiridze.
He is not same guy as National Player Giorgi Tsitskiridze who is actually flanker and this guy is prop.
Gulitashvili is on the right side of the photo.

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 09:40

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
amz wrote:I heard about Gulitashvili but do you have any info about Tsutskiridze?

havent heared about Giorgi Tsitskiridze.
He is not same guy as National Player Giorgi Tsitskiridze who is actually flanker and this guy is prop.
Gulitashvili is on the right side of the photo.


I am sure I can figure out who's a prop and who's a back. Also, I know it's a different player than Giorgi Tsitskiridze, who's a backrow. Can you provide useful information or not?

Posts: 614
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 09:41

amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
amz wrote:I heard about Gulitashvili but do you have any info about Tsutskiridze?

havent heared about Giorgi Tsitskiridze.
He is not same guy as National Player Giorgi Tsitskiridze who is actually flanker and this guy is prop.
Gulitashvili is on the right side of the photo.


I am sure I can figure out who's a prop and who's a back. Also, I know it's a different player than Giorgi Tsitskiridze, who's a backrow. Can you provide useful information or not?

After this respond i guess i WILL NOT.

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 09:54

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:After this respond i guess i WILL NOT.


also remember this next time before posting :thumbup:

Posts: 1300
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 10:47

amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:After this respond i guess i WILL NOT.


also remember this next time before posting :thumbup:



First of all congratulations to both of you to bringing the Antim-Brawl-thread to the traditional end - a lock.
Now celebrate please by ending the brawl here as well :roll:


Does the second division restart or start a new season?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 11:00

National Seniors Division (Divizia Nationala de Seniori - DNS) restarts this week-end as well:

25.03.2017 hour: 10:00 Sanicolau Stadium CSUAV Arad - CS Navodari
25.03.2017 hour: 12:00 Constructorilor Stadium RC Stejarul Buzau - RCM Galati
25.03.2017 hour: 13:00 Unirea Stadium CSM Bucovina Suceava - Rugby Club Barlad
25.03.2017 hour: 16:00 I. Hatieganu Stadium CS Manastur - CS Stiinta Petrosani

Posts: 793
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Neptune » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 16:27

Does Namibian scrum half Eugene Jantjes and winger Darryl de la harpe still play rugby in Romania?

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 16:38

No, last time I heard about them they were with Welwitschias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welwitschias

At some point there were 7-8 Namibians playing here but none right now. Last one was Wan Wyk McGrath who I think played for U Cluj until one year ago.

Posts: 793
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Neptune » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 16:45

amz wrote:No, last time I heard about them they were with Welwitschias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welwitschias

At some point there were 7-8 Namibians playing here but none right now. Last one was Wan Wyk McGrath who I think played for U Cluj until one year ago.

What happened? I heard that the Romanian union is trying to reduce on the number of foreign players in their league. Is this true?

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 16:59

Yes, it's true, but it a gradual reduction and not very drastic.

I doubt Namibians leaving has anything to do with this. Probably some wanted to play home in Currie Cup. Also there are better Romanian backs now in SL than most of those who played here starting from 2008. Yet, Jantjies and De la Harpe were pretty good, I think they can still play here nowdays.

Posts: 31
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 11:00
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby BertSolomon » Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 09:44

Nice article on an Englishman now playing for Romania on the BBC, though will inevitably raise questions about eligibility again. Good that the piece acknowledges Romania's proud rugby history.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39267313

Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 10:53

Thank you for posting it!

amz wrote:Well, Attila Septar and Tudor Stroe are Romanian who grew up in France and hot prospects too. Guess what, they don't want to play for Romania before they have a chance to play for France.


Just one thing I want to correct, Attila Septar played most of his youth career in Romania, with Farul Constanta and not in France. I think he signed in France at 18 and I am not sure he played there earlier. This player I think is at this point capped by France, if not already played for a French team and he isn't eligible for another country.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Luka37 and 4 guests