GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 09:15

Strong squad. Going to be a good game.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 09:19

Is not that strong unfortunately. Macovei (captain) and Shennan are injured. V.Ursache (vice captain at RWC), A.Ursache, Gorcioaia, Antonescu,Coste are with their clubs in France. So basically we are without almost all France based players (scrum is very affected), with our captain injured and our staff resigned. Great.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 09:30

Bogdan_DC wrote:Is not that strong unfortunately. Macovei (captain) and Shennan are injured. V.Ursache (vice captain at RWC), A.Ursache, Gorcioaia, Antonescu,Coste are with their clubs in France. So basically we are without almost all France based players (scrum is very affected), with our captain injured and our staff resigned. Great.

Compared to what Romania brought to Tbilisi couple of years ago, it is night and day. Georgia is also without some of their best players due to injuries (Mikautadze, captain Sharikadze, Gorgadze, Bitsadze). Bregvadze in Japan, Kubriashvili and Mchedlidze wont be available most likely. I think its going to be a good and tense game though.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 09:39

Not the strongest but decent squad, but yes I agree is not experimental as it was in 2016 (half of it I didn't understood why was selected anyway).

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 09:52

Yes this true, nowhere that team.
GeoRugby wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Is not that strong unfortunately. Macovei (captain) and Shennan are injured. V.Ursache (vice captain at RWC), A.Ursache, Gorcioaia, Antonescu,Coste are with their clubs in France. So basically we are without almost all France based players (scrum is very affected), with our captain injured and our staff resigned. Great.

Compared to what Romania brought to Tbilisi couple of years ago, it is night and day. Georgia is also without some of their best players due to injuries (Mikautadze, captain Sharikadze, Gorgadze, Bitsadze). Bregvadze in Japan, Kubriashvili and Mchedlidze wont be available most likely. I think its going to be a good and tense game though.

True, this a decent team. I hope i will never see that kind of team against Georgia.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby SHIZZZO » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 18:13

Bogdan_DC wrote:
SHIZZZO wrote:
amz wrote:Scotland U20 Development 10 - 10 Romania U20

Congrats on the win, was that a second string U20?

Not a win, a draw (2-1 at tries for us) :). I guess is a second string team if they are called "development". Anyway Scotland had some weird results at U20 level this year, losing at home by 50 points to France but beating England by 10 :).

My Bad :D Coffee had not taken affect yet :D
You are terminated!

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 16:11

Congrats Romania! Good luck in Japan!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 19:33

Soo is Lynn Howells staying fired after qualifying for the world cup ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 19:34

We don't know. Petrache said in a radio interview he'll meet with Lynn next week and have a talk. I presume he might stay.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 19:58

amz wrote:We don't know. Petrache said in a radio interview he'll meet with Lynn next week and have a talk. I presume he might stay.

In press conference he said that he won't change his mind and he's leaving the team.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 20:04

fullbackace wrote:
amz wrote:We don't know. Petrache said in a radio interview he'll meet with Lynn next week and have a talk. I presume he might stay.

In press conference he said that he won't change his mind and he's leaving the team.

What else did he said? I've seen a small broadcast made by phone but sound was awful so I couldn't understand a thing.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 20:13

Nothing important, regular interview stuff, only two interesting bits were him not changing his mind about resignation and part of the reason for resigning was team losing against Germany and Spain.

He also said team got too comfortable before those games and expected easy wins, which is why they lost.

here's the link if you wanna google translate it https://www.sportall.ge/ragbi/erovnuli- ... thvis.html

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 10:40

I'm glad he's staying resigned. I thought it was very bad timing to leave the team in the lurch if they had, had to play Samoa, and that he should've seen the RWC qualifying campaign through to the end at least. But now they qualified directly and there's still some time before the RWC starts I think it's good he's leaving because quite frankly I don't see discernible improvement and growth in the team. He reminds me of Crowley and Canada who made early improvements but then tailed off.

T2 teams don't need has been coaches. For the long term, imo they're much more likely to see improvement with a young, up and coming coach from a T1 country, that undoubtedly will be much more motivated to have success with the team and federation. This is where I think Italy has done well with O'Shea, and Catt etc., and Japan with Brown and Joseph. Someone like Rennie I think would be a good match for Romania altbough these days it's as much about the coaching team you bring with you than just the coach (People often give Jones all the credit for Japan in 2015 but it was actually the fantastic coaching team he put together that was responsible for the success).

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 10:43

It is a big T1 name in the line for taking the reign of Oaks but is nothing official, so wait and see if FRR really can make this move.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 10:47

Good point Yamaha, I completely agree.

Bogdan_DC wrote:It is a big T1 name in the line for taking the reign of Oaks but is nothing official, so wait and see if FRR really can make this move.

What I heard makes even me more optimistic. :thumbup:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 10:58

amz wrote:Good point Yamaha, I completely agree.

Bogdan_DC wrote:It is a big T1 name in the line for taking the reign of Oaks but is nothing official, so wait and see if FRR really can make this move.

KINGSLEY!?!!?!?!?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 10:59

Zhenya_Zima wrote:
amz wrote:Good point Yamaha, I completely agree.

KINGSLEY!?!!?!?!?

:))

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 11:07

Zhenya_Zima wrote:KINGSLEY!?!!?!?!?

No. :lol: I think he will be French.

Some news from a recent interview of Petrache:

June test for Romania: Fiji, Tonga and an Aussie Super Rugby franchise
Howells will go regardless, they look for a new coach
In few years Romania and Georgia will forward a proposal to 6N.

http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/rugby/interv ... 35298.html

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 13:14

What proposal will they send to 6N?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 19 Mar 2018, 13:17

vino_93 wrote:What proposal will they send to 6N?

Not sure, it's only a phrase there. But Petrache speaks much. However, I have the feeling we will have a French head coach from what I gather and not Thomas Lievremont.

Postby Bonscott » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 19:19

While most of the brouhaha is going on elsewhere, the Romanian Cup final will be played this weekend:
CSM Bucuresti - Stiinta Baia Mare
11:00 am, 31 march, Iuliu Hatieganu stadium, Cluj.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 19:45

It is worthy to say that they change the place of the final twice in 3 days: from Bucharest to Iasi and from Iasi to Cluj.

Postby Bonscott » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 20:16

Yup. And while the poster has Cluj Arena in the background, they actually ended up on this beauty:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Thu, 29 Mar 2018, 22:46

That's a looker!

Postby Bonscott » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 09:29

Probable teams here:
http://www.rugbybaiamare.ro/c-s-m-stiinta-baia-mare-c-s-m-bucuresti-echipele-probabile-4/
Will be interesting to see Bredell at flyhalf for Baia Mare and how Johann will do against his former team.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum