FranceFrance

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby beber » Tue, 27 Feb 2018, 15:29

Johannes Van Heerden signed 2 years for Perpignan from the next season

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 27 Feb 2018, 15:34

beber wrote:Johannes Van Heerden signed 2 years for Perpignan from the next season

Source? He just signed with CSM Bucuresti

olivier

Postby olivier » Tue, 27 Feb 2018, 15:39

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 27 Feb 2018, 15:45

Was nothing in Romanian press about signing until June only, not in the article you posted but I'm happy for him if this is true. Happened to have offers from French clubs in the past

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby mihaic » Wed, 28 Feb 2018, 10:44

amz wrote:Temperatures between -13 and - 19 Celsius expected Saturday at Cluj. One Super Liga match which was postponed due to Timisoara playing Continental Shield was postponed again.

Yahoo weather predicts temperatures between -3 and 0 degrees centigrade: https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/roma ... oca-869897

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 28 Feb 2018, 11:17

mihaic wrote:
amz wrote:Temperatures between -13 and - 19 Celsius expected Saturday at Cluj. One Super Liga match which was postponed due to Timisoara playing Continental Shield was postponed again.

Yahoo weather predicts temperatures between -3 and 0 degrees centigrade: https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/roma ... oca-869897

the reports were hectic and changed from hour to hour...let's hope won't snow and the wind will chill, after all the pitch is heated so shouldn't be issues with frost.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 01 Mar 2018, 10:09

Macovei is injured so he's out for the match vs Russia.

Ilisescu (Blagnac, Fed 1) was called to complete the squad

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 01 Mar 2018, 11:00

Not the best moment to lose our captain. It looks the things are not going our way at all! It will be a tough game for Romania.Go Oaks!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 08 Mar 2018, 08:47

Vlad Iordachescu is the first Romanian referee delegated to a quarter final of Challenge Cup and to my knowledge the only from T2 countries. He will also referee Belgium - Spain next week-end.

https://frr.ro/2018/03/08/vlad-iordache ... lenge-cup/

Timisoara still don't have a head coach but at the start of the season they presented the new forwards coach, Leonardo Ulises Gamboa, new forwards coach.

https://www.facebook.com/rugbytimisoara ... =3&theater

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 10 Mar 2018, 19:23

Howells out.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 10 Mar 2018, 20:44

datodato wrote:Howells out.

Yes he resigned with entire staff. Not clear what is next, I heard the following variants: Lievremont, Sava, Apjock

Last news is he will probably lead the team to Tbilisi as well.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 06:22

Thats why Romania did not desered to become a champions. They dont treat Rugby seriously.

Thats why Oaks will leave both trophies and will mot get them for another 10 years.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 06:41

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Thats why Romania did not desered to become a champions. They dont treat Rugby seriously.

Thats why Oaks will leave both trophies and will mot get them for another 10 years.

Jesus man you're high on moralism.

Couldn't they resign after the tournament was over ? or do they want the new coach to get a game in before summer tests ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 07:15

fullbackace wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Thats why Romania did not desered to become a champions. They dont treat Rugby seriously.

Yes i am, only match that matters in this championship is Romania, and suddenly at the end of the tournament and Final game that decides the fate of 2 cups, Romanias whole coaching stuff resignes just 6 days before.

I wanted to watch some normal game not Romania A without coaching.

Seems like i have to wait until summer.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 09:22

Interesting to see that Steaua Bucuresti signed young frenchman Julien Bartoli (born 1999) from Toulon age grades. Bartoli played for France U17

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 09:24

beber wrote:Interesting to see that Steaua Bucuresti signed young frenchman Julien Bartoli (born 1999) from Toulon age grades. Bartoli played for France U17

He might be student here, there are few French students playing for various sides in all divisions. Also, maybe some ancestry involved as well?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 09:29

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

Yes i am, only match that matters in this championship is Romania, and suddenly at the end of the tournament and Final game that decides the fate of 2 cups, Romanias whole coaching stuff resignes just 6 days before.

I don't get what you want. The resignation is an unilateral act, what have all Romanians to do with it? Do you think we like it? Who know what the hell happened in the locker room. I think you exaggerate a lot and you are very disrespectful toward everybody. Russia just gave you a good game winning at the break, Spain had a good game i Tbilisi and you struggled with Belgium in first half so please first look at you and than start bitching around about others.

One Romanian journo says that is possible that Howells will lead the team at Tbilisi as well.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:06

amz wrote:

Yes he resigned with entire staff. Not clear what is next, I heard the following variants: Lievremont, Sava, Apjock

Danie De Villiers?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:50

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

They may still fly in a strong team. They'll probably announce it tomorrow or Tuesday.Let's wait and see.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 17:52

TheStroBro wrote:
amz wrote:

Danie De Villiers?

As I said, for Tbilisi likely will be the same coaching team, probably FRR was taken by surprise and they don't have a replacement.

Who'll be next I think nobody knows for sure. I heard all kind of rumors but this is just people talking so I wouldn't pay much attention. I doubt will be De Villiers.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 20:01

Scotland U20 Development 10 - 10 Romania U20
https://www.facebook.com/rugbyromania/p ... =3&theater

As far as I know they'll play another game while in Scotland and on 17th March Baby Oaks will play France U19 in Romania on Arcul de Triumf.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby SHIZZZO » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 05:48

amz wrote:Scotland U20 Development 10 - 10 Romania U20

Congrats on the win, was that a second string U20?
You are terminated!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 07:09

SHIZZZO wrote:
amz wrote:Scotland U20 Development 10 - 10 Romania U20

Congrats on the win, was that a second string U20?

Not a win, a draw (2-1 at tries for us) :). I guess is a second string team if they are called "development". Anyway Scotland had some weird results at U20 level this year, losing at home by 50 points to France but beating England by 10 :).

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 07:27

From what I gathered is the team that is supposed to play in next year 6 Nations U20 so not a full U20 side which is understandable as the actual U20 sides are involved in 6N tournament. However, for a first game of the year and played away I think is a good result. I can't wait to see the match vs. France U19.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 12 Mar 2018, 08:53

Squad for Tbilisi match:

Props: Ionel Badiu (Timisoara Saracens), Mihaita Lazar (Castres), Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare), Alexandru Tarus (Sale Sharks), Alexandru Gordas (CSA Steaua)
Hookers: Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens), Florin Bardasu (Stiinta Baia Mare), Marian Capatana (Timisoara Saracens)
Locks: Johannes Van Heerden (CSM Bucuresti), Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens), Adrian Motoc (Racing 92), Dumani Siphosethu Mtya (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Backrow: Stelian Burcea (CSM Bucuresti), Kuselo Moyake (CSA Steaua), Cristi Chirica (Stiinta Baia Mare), Razvan Ilisescu (Blagnac)
Scrum-half: Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua ), Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)
Fly-Half: Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua), Tudor Boldor (CSA Steaua)
Centers: Jack Umaga (Timisoara Saracens), Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti), Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Wings: Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua), Tangimana Fonovai (Timisoara Saracens), Robert Neagu (CSA Steaua)
Fullbacks: Catalin Fercu (Timisoara Saracens), Marius Simionescu (Timisoara Saracens)

As staff, for the last time:
STAFF: Lynn Howells (Head Coach), Massimo Cuttitta (Forwards Coach), Rob Moffat (Backs Coach), Olivier Rieg (Strength and conditioning coach), Thomas Lièvremont (Lineout consultant coach), Catalin Sardan (Medic), Raul Colea si Marius Todosi (Kineto), Sabin Vasilescu (Video Analyst), Florin Tasca (GPS Analyst), Silvian Ionita (Assistant manager), Iustin Ilioiu (Manager)

Gorcioaia got back to Massy and Chirica in his place who was called for Belgium match as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum