Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

Bogdan_DC wrote:Coste is a very physical specimen, i would like to see him back with the Oaks also.
Tamba had some doping issues. After that nobody hear about him again. Too bad because he was a very good prospect but is one of "classical " cases of rugby player in love with lifting weights&bulking more than playing rugby.

He is suspended 2 years if I remember corectly for prohibited substances. He claimed he took some medicine without a recipe from medic. Information was scarce so this is all I know. Since is his first infringement, a reduction of the initial punishment could be possible so he will probably be back soon; I saw recently a post on FB with him training mentioning he is eager for his come back.
Last edited by amz on Tue, 19 Dec 2017, 09:30, edited 2 times in total.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 09:13

In an interview on FRR website Petrache confirmed a test vs Italy in November and an Oceania tour in summer. Also he mentioned the desire to sign up Bucharest Wolves again in Europeans competitions.

https://frr.ro/2017/12/18/interviu-ager ... -european/

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 09:30

Italy is going to play both Georgia and Romania in November? :shock:

You better qualify as Europe 1 for the RWC, by the way :lol:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 09:41

Armchair Fan wrote:Italy is going to play both Georgia and Romania in November? :shock:

You better qualify as Europe 1 for the RWC, by the way :lol:

We shouldn't play qualifiers at all. We beat Georgia this is mean automatic World Cup Final spot. How much time All Blacks think they can hide from us?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 16:44

amz wrote:In an interview on FRR website Petrache confirmed a test vs Italy in November...

Please let this happen and please let Geo and Rom win against Italy! :shock: :shock: :shock: That would be the best thing ever, only thing better than that would be Parisse's face afterwards.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Mon, 18 Dec 2017, 19:49

amz wrote:In an interview on FRR website Petrache confirmed a test vs Italy in November and an Oceania tour in summer. Also he mentioned the desire to sign up Bucharest Wolves again in Europeans competitions.

https://frr.ro/2017/12/18/interviu-ager ... -european/

All quite positive. There is no hiding place for the FIR and Conor O'Shea and these 2018 fixtures will offer Romanian rugby the chance to develop rather than usually playing weaker sides.

The Bucharest Wolves plan seems tied towards giving the international players more exposure at a higher level. It is a shame that the Romanian union feel this is required but when you have a ludicrous situation of only being granted two EOYTs like Romania had this year you can see where they are coming from.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 19 Dec 2017, 10:45

I think Wolves were tied with what you say but also with the winter period. There is indeed an issue with the pause from December and January and for local players is an issue to start directly with a REC match after 2 months pause hence they have now preparation camps and a preparation match. Matches played here in this period (December - February) are hardly enjoyable, both by public and players, nobody wants to play in snowy, muddy or heavy rain conditions. Unless you have a stadium with under soil heating, is not worth it to torment the players. Extreme temperatures in Romania makes few months like July, August, December, January, February unsuitable for outdoor activities which means the calendar of competitions must be compressed somehow.

I understand why he wants Wolves back, especially after the new Arcul de Triumf will be over and playing in winter won't be an issue (will have under soil heating) but I don't think is a good idea to force the participation of a franchise when everybody else is sending clubs. It would be better to lobby for a second club and whoever has the funds to travel and play in this time of year may also benefit for having a stadium in case home ground is not available.

Also, Wolves were a decent match for some French or English clubs, losing narrowly or winning so it would be probably too much for teams like CDUL, Viadana if it was difficult for Calvisano. Personally I'd prefer some sort of deal with clubs to provide players for Oaks or A team outside the usual windows for training camps or matches with Western clubs, RET or other Tier 3 teams willing to tour Romania. Even some intermediate Cup or SL rounds hosted on a stadium with under soil heating, few solutions could be looked into. Wolves was a good vehicle but we all remember its limitations. Howells pointed after the match vs Tonga that OK, he can get over lack of a 3rd test but he would have liked one more week with players to train and correct some issues he noticed and even Wolves didn't have this opportunity once the European Cups matches were over.

As for tests, it's good that Oaks started to travel abroad, it was certainly an experience we missed and for autumn I think Italy is the favorite versus both REC teams however both Georgia and Romania have a chance.

Finally, I like from his interview that he seems more interested in administration of sport and started a discussion about multi-annual budgets, eventual private sponsorship legal facilities etc. so some sort of lobby from FRR in this direction should be expected and would be most welcome.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 03:24

amz wrote:In an interview on FRR website Petrache confirmed a test vs Italy in November.

Italy will face New Zealand and Australia in November. Those fixtures have been set since 2010. There is room for only one Tier 2 test in that window.
Source: http://www.federugby.it/index.php?optio ... Itemid=415

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 06:59

Hmm...It is a classic case of " T1 phantom test" announced by FRR?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 12:19

Bogdan_DC wrote:Hmm...It is a classic case of " T1 phantom test" announced by FRR?

Haven't seen it said on FRR's page by an official or at least I don't remember; the rumors with a T1 test were said in informal discussions with some officials that might happen soon and we are asking for better tests but I don't remember being stated as official news and a certain date.

So far only confirmed tests so far are England's matches from November 2018.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 05 Jan 2018, 11:52

Some of Oaks start the physical training camp next week to prepare for REC. This does not include players from abroad and Timisoara's player who prepare Continental Shield matches vs RC Batumi.

Props:
Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Alexandru Gordas (CSA Steaua)

Hooker:
Florin Bardasu (Baia Mare)

Locks:
Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Andrei Iurea (Stiinta Baia Mare)

Backrow:
Cristi Chirica (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Stelian Burcea (CSM Bucuresti)
Moyake Kuselo (CSA Steaua)

Scrum-half:
Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua )
Tudorel Bratu (CS Dinamo)
Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)

Fly-Halves:
Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua)
Tudor Boldor (CSA Steaua)

Center:
Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti)
Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Florin Ionita (CSA Steaua)

Wing:
Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua)
Jack Cobden (CSM Bucuresti)
Robert Neagu (CSA Steaua)

Fullback:

Sabin Stratila (CSA Steaua)

Good to see young Iurea back, Ionita who was constantly good for Steaua and especially young Boldor.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 10:02

Brian Sefanaia & William Helu left Timisoara Saracens.

olivier

Postby olivier » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 11:30

Bogdan_DC wrote:Brian Sefanaia & William Helu left Timisoara Saracens.

Just emerging part of the exodus.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 11:35

olivier wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Brian Sefanaia & William Helu left Timisoara Saracens.

Just emerging part of the exodus.

They bring one player and lose 2. What exodus?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 11:37

Timisoara is anyway very well covered on wing and at center. IMHO Seniloli should be released too, he don't fit in the game plan well. He's a fine counter attack player but Timisoara needs more.

LE: what they need most is a coach.

LE2:

Bogdan_DC wrote:They bring one player and lose 2. What exodus?

If I am not mistaken, they signed one SH (Luiters) and one new prop which name I didn't catch it.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 10 Jan 2018, 15:19

amz wrote:Timisoara is anyway very well covered on wing and at center. IMHO Seniloli should be released too, he don't fit in the game plan well. He's a fine counter attack player but Timisoara needs more.

LE: what they need most is a coach.

LE2:

Bogdan_DC wrote:They bring one player and lose 2. What exodus?

If I am not mistaken, they signed one SH (Luiters) and one new prop which name I didn't catch it.

Yep you are right : they signed also a prop Chris Apoua from Northland NZ. So they lose two players and they signed two but rumors are they will lose another 2 players.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 12:54

Squad preparing for Germany:

PILIERI: Andrei Ursache (Carcassonne), Ionel Badiu (Timisoara Saracens), Mihaita Lazar (Castres), Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare), Alexandru Tarus (Sale Sharks)
TALONEURI: Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens), Florin Bardasu (Baia Mare), Marian Capatana (Timisoara Saracens)
LINIA A DOUA: Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare), Marius Antonescu (Colomiers), Valentin Ursache (Oyonnax), Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens)
LINIA A TREIA: Vlad Nistor (Albi), Mihai Macovei (Colomiers), Stelian Burcea (CSM Bucuresti), Alin Coste (Carcasonne), Andrei Gorcioaia (Massy)
MIJLOCASI LA GRAMADA: Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua ), Tudorel Bratu (CS Dinamo), Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)
MIJLOCASI LA DESCHIDERE: Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua), Tudor Boldor (CSA Steaua),
CENTRI: Jack Umaga (Timisoara Saracens), Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti), Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
ARIPI: Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua), Tangimana Fonovai (Timisoara Saracens), Stephen Shannan (Timisoara Saracens)
FUNDASI: Catalin Fercu (Timisoara Saracens), Marius Simionescu (Timisoara Saracens)
STAFF: Lynn Howells (antrenor principal), Massimo Cuttitta (antrenor inaintare), Rob Moffat (antrenor treisferturi), Olivier Rieg (preparator fizic)

Is almost the best we have only Otar Turashvili and Samoa Luke are missing due to injuries. I must reckon that this time FRR make a great job bringing all the players based in France&UK. If Germany will not show up with their best squad will be a very tough day at the office for them.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 13:27

Great to see Ursache and Coste back, they'll add power and experience to the pack.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 13:37

Bogdan_DC wrote:Squad preparing for Germany:

PILIERI: Andrei Ursache (Carcassonne), Ionel Badiu (Timisoara Saracens), Mihaita Lazar (Castres), Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare), Alexandru Tarus (Sale Sharks)
TALONEURI: Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens), Florin Bardasu (Baia Mare), Marian Capatana (Timisoara Saracens)
LINIA A DOUA: Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare), Marius Antonescu (Colomiers), Valentin Ursache (Oyonnax), Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens)
LINIA A TREIA: Vlad Nistor (Albi), Mihai Macovei (Colomiers), Stelian Burcea (CSM Bucuresti), Alin Coste (Carcasonne), Andrei Gorcioaia (Massy)
MIJLOCASI LA GRAMADA: Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua ), Tudorel Bratu (CS Dinamo), Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)
MIJLOCASI LA DESCHIDERE: Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua), Tudor Boldor (CSA Steaua),
CENTRI: Jack Umaga (Timisoara Saracens), Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti), Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
ARIPI: Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua), Tangimana Fonovai (Timisoara Saracens), Stephen Shannan (Timisoara Saracens)
FUNDASI: Catalin Fercu (Timisoara Saracens), Marius Simionescu (Timisoara Saracens)
STAFF: Lynn Howells (antrenor principal), Massimo Cuttitta (antrenor inaintare), Rob Moffat (antrenor treisferturi), Olivier Rieg (preparator fizic)

Is almost the best we have only Otar Turashvili and Samoa Luke are missing due to injuries. I must reckon that this time FRR make a great job bringing all the players based in France&UK. If Germany will not show up with their best squad will be a very tough day at the office for them.

Even if they do it will be a fucking tough day at the office! This is a strong Romanian team.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 16:48

now this is Romania's 96% optimal squad.

and may be squad for RWC next year

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 17:44

Bogdan_DC wrote:Hmm...It is a classic case of " T1 phantom test" announced by FRR?

It's Petrache. He is crazy. I don't thnik we will be playing Italy. I just hope we'll have 3 tests WITHOUT a T3 team.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 27 Jan 2018, 11:04

Small movie made by fans after a meeting with Oaks before November matches:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby mihaic » Sat, 27 Jan 2018, 14:44

Viorel Lucaci is missing too (through injury as well), and he is a very important cog in the machine.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 29 Jan 2018, 07:38

mihaic wrote:

Viorel Lucaci is missing too (through injury as well), and he is a very important cog in the machine.

Yes you are right, but if Ursache will come i think we will have enough quality back rowers on stock (Ursache, Macovei,Gorcioaia, Burcea,Nistor and even Moyake or Chirica). On hooker & fly half we are pretty vulnerable and Tura&Samoa will be missed if Radoi or Vlaicu will be injured.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 31 Jan 2018, 14:23

Interview with Rob Moffat published by a Romanian blogger:

https://www.mariusmatache.ro/rob-moffat-interviu/

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum