Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Mon, 12 Feb 2018, 13:33

Team who went to Madrid for match vs Spain:

Props:
Andrei Ursache (Carcassonne)
Ionel Badiu (Timisoara Saracens)
Mihaita Lazar (Castres)
Alexandru Tarus (Sale Sharks)

Hookers:
Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens)
Florin Bardasu (Baia Mare)
Marian Capatana (Timisoara Saracens)

Locks:
Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Marius Antonescu (Colomiers)
Valentin Ursache (Oyonnax)
Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens)

Backrow:
Vlad Nistor (Albi)
Mihai Macovei (Colomiers)
Stelian Burcea (CSM Bucuresti)
Andrei Gorcioaia (Massy)

Scrum-half:
Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua )
Tudorel Bratu (CS Dinamo)
Valentin Calafeteanu (CSM Bucuresti)

Fly-Halves:
Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua)

Centers:
Jack Umaga (Timisoara Saracens)
Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti)
Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)

Wings:
Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua)
Tangimana Fonovai (Timisoara Saracens)
Stephen Shannan (Timisoara Saracens)

Fullback:
Catalin Fercu (Timisoara Saracens)

STAFF: Lynn Howells (Head Coach), Massimo Cuttitta (Forwards Coach), Rob Moffat (Backs Coach), Olivier Rieg (Conditioning)

Few players out, Coste (Carcassonne - lock), Boldor (Steaua - fly-half), Simionescu (Timisoara - fullback).

Now I think this is the usual rotation Howells is doing and we'll see some players back for next matches home vs Russia and Belgium and probably some of the players from this squad taking a break.

Posts: 441
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Feb 2018, 14:21

I think Coste it is a loss. Boldor&Simionescu are too inexperienced for this kind of match.

Posts: 209
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 14:30
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Stef » Mon, 12 Feb 2018, 14:27

So we have no injury after the game against Germany. :thumbup:

However, it will be very difficult to keep the guys from PRO D2 and Top 14 for the last 3 games.Loking at the schedule, games will be played in PRO D2 and Top 14 in the weeks when we should play against Russia, Belgium and Georgia.

Posts: 238
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby datodato » Tue, 13 Feb 2018, 15:09

Stef wrote:So we have no injury after the game against Germany. :thumbup:


The only way the Romanians could have gotten injured was if the stumbled over a German player. Was there even a ruck, tackling or contact situation? I just saw some guys in black jerseys flying over the park and a few yellow guys jogging in tries.

Posts: 800
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 05:44

Stef wrote:So we have no injury after the game against Germany. :thumbup:

However, it will be very difficult to keep the guys from PRO D2 and Top 14 for the last 3 games.Loking at the schedule, games will be played in PRO D2 and Top 14 in the weeks when we should play against Russia, Belgium and Georgia.


Georgia has 12 Top 14 players, 3 Pro D2, 1 Pro 14, 2 from English Championship. They will stay for Romania match and may be some additional players arrive.

If FRR wants to play Full strength than it is not problem for them.

I just hope they will not bring so called experimental squad for future who are actually older than Georgia's optimal right now.

Ket us hold a grand Final of REC. Only this single match matters in this championship.

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 08:07

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Georgia has 12 Top 14 players, 3 Pro D2, 1 Pro 14, 2 from English Championship. They will stay for Romania match and may be some additional players arrive.


Well, our players are probably more important than yours since there is so much pressure from clubs.

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:If FRR wants to play Full strength than it is not problem for them.

I just hope they will not bring so called experimental squad for future who are actually older than Georgia's optimal right now.


So called you say? 11 survived from the 23 squad from 2016, some were never called again or ceased to be in the views of the selectors.

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote: Ket us hold a grand Final of REC. Only this single match matters in this championship.


Trust me, we want the same but FRR or Howells surprise us constantly. I mean, how many would have started with a 20 yo at fullback vs Samoa and Tonga, winning one and narrowly losing the second last autumn? Or with 21 yo Popa versus allegedly better three quarters 1 year before vs USA and Canada and winning both tests? Not even Haig, he had 2-3 years to put youngsters into the team and seriously started to think at it only at the end of 2017. So spare me of speeches such as this and I'll let you brag with your big win vs Romania (depleted as it was) , it seems to be your biggest achievement so far :lol:

Posts: 209
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 14:30
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Stef » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 08:53

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Stef wrote:So we have no injury after the game against Germany. :thumbup:

However, it will be very difficult to keep the guys from PRO D2 and Top 14 for the last 3 games.Loking at the schedule, games will be played in PRO D2 and Top 14 in the weeks when we should play against Russia, Belgium and Georgia.


Georgia has 12 Top 14 players, 3 Pro D2, 1 Pro 14, 2 from English Championship. They will stay for Romania match and may be some additional players arrive.

If FRR wants to play Full strength than it is not problem for them.

I just hope they will not bring so called experimental squad for future who are actually older than Georgia's optimal right now.

Ket us hold a grand Final of REC. Only this single match matters in this championship.


There was an interview of Valentin Ursache, captain of Oyonnax (Top 14) saying that following the new JIFF regulations that will reduce the number of foreign players next year in the first two French leagues, they will have to devote more time to their clubs. In autumn, Macovei also captain of Colomiers (PRO D2) and Andrei Ursache (first choice prop at his club Carcassonne in PRO D2) confirmed that there is a certain pression from the clubs on the players and they always try to balance the needs of the national teams with the needs of their clubs.

For the last game against Georgia, we will have a very strong team given that Lazar (Castres, Top 14) and Tarus (Sale Sharks, Premiership) will probably make it.

It will be interesting to know how many of the Georgian players are first choice at their clubs.

Posts: 247
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 09:14

amz wrote:I mean, how many would have started with a 20 yo at fullback vs Samoa and Tonga, winning one and narrowly losing the second last autumn? Or with 21 yo Popa versus allegedly better three quarters 1 year before vs USA and Canada and winning both tests? Not even Haig, he had 2-3 years to put youngsters into the team and seriously started to think at it only at the end of 2017.


Backline vs USA - Nov'17

Members of U20 LELOS in 2017:
9 - Aprasidsze
11 - Modebadze
12 - Kveseladze

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 09:19

Scorpion wrote:
amz wrote:I mean, how many would have started with a 20 yo at fullback vs Samoa and Tonga, winning one and narrowly losing the second last autumn? Or with 21 yo Popa versus allegedly better three quarters 1 year before vs USA and Canada and winning both tests? Not even Haig, he had 2-3 years to put youngsters into the team and seriously started to think at it only at the end of 2017.


Backline vs USA - Nov'17

Members of U20 LELOS in 2017:
9 - Aprasidsze
11 - Modebadze
12 - Kveseladze


I acknowledged end of 2017 in my post but I always wondered why Matiashvili or Jinchelashvili waited until 24 to play full tests. Haig could have pumped a youngster into the backline in each match after RWC 2015, one in each match would have been sufficient except of course matches of importance (T1 tests, matches vs Romania). He only started doing this last Autumn so he lost much of 2016 and 2017.

LE: Aprasidze wasn't started btw and winning margin not comfortable at all

Posts: 247
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 11:44

Haig gave 18 (!) years old Lobjanidze a start in a must win game vs Tonga at RWC.

:)

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 11:54

That wasn't a must win game like a qualification to RWC game. That's the exception that proves the rule

Posts: 247
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 12:02

amz wrote:That wasn't a must win game like a qualification to RWC game. That's the exception that proves the rule

In Fact it was a qualification game for RWC'19 :)

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 12:05

Scorpion wrote:
amz wrote:That wasn't a must win game like a qualification to RWC game. That's the exception that proves the rule

In Fact it was a qualification game for RWC'19 :)


yes but not must win as you are missing the WC totally such was it for Canada or Spain or Romania next week. That could have be won or not, it was a bonus and anyway wasn't any better SH available at that moment. However, Lobzhanidze stagnated since than and I think soon Aprasidze will become the first choice, he seem to have more potential.

Posts: 247
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 12:34

amz wrote:yes but not must win as you are missing the WC totally such was it for Canada or Spain or Romania next week. That could have be won or not, it was a bonus and anyway wasn't any better SH available at that moment. However, Lobzhanidze stagnated since than and I think soon Aprasidze will become the first choice, he seem to have more potential.

It doesn't matter whether someone stagnated or not as Haig could not have any clue about Vaska's future behaviour at that moment.

all that matters is that he started 18 y.o guy in a very special game for Georgian rugby equalling a qualification to RWC'19

+ Spain vs Romania next week or Canada vs Uruguay are not live or die games also in terms of RWC, because losing teams will still have a chance to qualify to RWC via games vs Samoa & Reperchage.

Posts: 1554
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Wed, 14 Feb 2018, 13:15

Oaks bring Thomas Lièvremont (ex. France U20) for next 2 matches to coach the lineout. Howells said that he feels it's space from improvement there and based on how he will interact with players and how he'll consider the team, the collaboration might become permanent.

https://frr.ro/2018/02/14/thomas-lievre ... tejarilor/

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Dude-Abides, Google [Bot], Loohr, ruckovercdn and 15 guests