Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Sun, 13 May 2018, 09:47

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:* Why you still keep playing at 11 AM ? To avoid Fotbal ?
https://www.super-liga.ro/

Not really. Later in the day is too hot and playing in the evening is not possible for every club because they lack lights. CSM occasionally plays from 19 or 19:30 when play "home" (on Arcul de Triumf)
** Why admin hides Table from home-page?
https://www.super-liga.ro/superliga/clasament/
A smart | narrow one (PL W-L*D DIFF PTS) would be appreciated

Probably they are writing at it :D

*** What happened to Iasi ? Bust ?

Bankrupt. Most of players moved to Buzau, club that wants to promote.

**** Is this a rebranded Farul ?
https://www.super-liga.ro/dns/clasament/
No team prom the Capital ?

Tomitanii is a different club, they've made a senior team 3 years ago when Farul went bankrupt. Completely different club.

yeah :(

An interview from Newsweek Romania with Johannes Van Heerden (In Romanian but easy to translate with google translate).
https://newsweek.ro/sport/sud-africanul ... -te-romane

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sun, 13 May 2018, 15:47

amz wrote:Also Natriashvili was fired due to serious disciplinary misconduct

He is a good player But with Big disciplinary issues.He strikes his own colleague with the head in the face during Steaua game.It is logical why they end his contract but Now not so many options for Baia Mare for the final stages with Cojocaru long time injured and Natriashvili out. They have Bardasu and....?

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sun, 13 May 2018, 16:10

Bogdan_DC wrote:

He is a good player But with Big disciplinary issues.He strikes his own colleague with the head in the face during Steaua game.It is logical why they end his contract but Now not so many options for Baia Mare for the final stages with Cojocaru long time injured and Natriashvili out. They have Bardasu and....?

Colev or Bezhuashvili

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sun, 13 May 2018, 18:01

beber wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:

Colev or Bezhuashvili
Never seen these guys playing for BM. I m Not sure they are not fictional :)).

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby la vaca » Sun, 13 May 2018, 20:00

[quote="amz"]George Sava was fired by Baia Mare and club signed as head coach Alejandro Mario Canale. Also Natriashvili was fired due to serious disciplinary misconduct (apparently he punched a colleague )

New Head Coach is Argentinean Mario Alejandro Canale for 2018 - 2019 season and he's the first foreign coach from club's history. I never heard of him, maybe Argentinean posters can tell us something about this coach

Canale, did a great job in recent years in important teams in Italy such as Calvisano or Rovigo. In Argentina he won the "National Club Championship" with La Tablada de Córdoba.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 13 May 2018, 22:23

Highlights from Steaua - CSM

https://www.facebook.com/csmbucurestiru ... 8XQ8BEp9VE

watch Steaua's 10 and CSM 11

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 May 2018, 08:43

Interview with Lynn Howells:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... h-14615654

at Wembley Stadium which was played in front of a tournament record attendance of 89,267 (Image: PA)
“We played in front of the biggest crowd ever, against Ireland at Wembley, we had the biggest comeback in World Cup history when we beat Canada in Leicester and we also played at the Olympic Stadium,” he said.

“So those highlights are very good.

“Winning the Rugby Europe Championship last year, for the first time in 12 years, was pretty good as well.”

But then, in March, Howells’ time in charge came to an end, as he resigned along with his two assistants, Scottish backs coach Rob Moffat and Italian forwards coach Massimo Cuttitta.

Explaining his departure, he said: “It was two-fold really.

“We lost to Spain in a World Cup qualifier and everyone was pointing fingers everywhere.

“But to be perfectly honest it was a culmination of time out there.

“I had gone as far as I could with the group of players. I had come to the end of my time.
“When you get a result like Spain, which looked like it was going to cost Romania a World Cup spot, you have to take responsibility.”

As it turned out, there was to be a further twist in the qualification saga, as Spain lost to Belgium in Brussells, which meant Romania taking the automatic spot in the finals after all.

It was a hugely controversial game with the Spanish fuming over the officiating of Romanian referee Vlad Iordachescu and a number of their players confronting him after the final whistle, resulting in lengthy bans for five of them.

And still the saga continues, with an investigation having been ordered into Romania, Spain, and Belgium possibly using ineligible players, which may affect qualifying for the World Cup.

“It is still going on. It is incredible,” said Howells.

“I can not believe how World Rugby and European Rugby can not come to a decision on this.

“I watched the game in Brussles. I know it was a Romanian referee, but Spain had four or five clear-cut opportunities to win the game and didn’t score.

“They can’t blame the referee for that. That’s their problem.

“It was an easy thing to do, point the finger at the referee, but it was Spain’s fault they didn’t qualify.

“All of a sudden it has kicked off again with talk of ineligible players.

“You could end up with a situation where there is nobody out of that competition qualifying because everybody has pointed a finger at everybody else about fielding ineligible players. I don’t know where they go then. It’s just farcical to be honest.

“There is supposed to be a game in next week or so, with the second team in the group playing Portugal in a knock-out tie and nobody knows who that is!”

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 May 2018, 14:14

Romanian mainstream press discovers rugby:

https://newsweek.ro/sport/de-ce-trebuie ... y-din-2019

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:20

https://www.rfi.ro/sport-103294-sione-v ... opor-roman

Sione Vaiomounga saga comes to an end, it seems the kidney transplant is successful and Tongan XV International will apply for citizenship. Congratulations to all factors involved because they made possible such a nice humanitarian gesture such as Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (thanks to which all difficult administrative stuff is solved), doctors and medical/social workers from Cluj-Napoca, FRR, his club, colleagues, anonymus donors from internet.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:32

That kidney should have gone to a Romanian who needed it, not to a Tongan.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:37

Iul you are such an ass.You should be blocked on your own forum.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:42

iul wrote:That kidney should have gone to a Romanian who needed it, not to a Tongan.

scum

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:42

I'm not an ass at all. There are long waiting lines for organ transplants, a state should prioritize its citizens, not foreigners. As soon as his work visa was no longer a thing because he wasn't working he should have been kicked out.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:43

amz wrote:
iul wrote:That kidney should have gone to a Romanian who needed it, not to a Tongan.

scum

No, just common sense.

Postby 4N » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:52

amz wrote:

scum

Romanian posters should hold a vote - amz replaces iul as mod.

Iul you can continue to make money from this site, whatever. Just don't contribute anymore.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:57

4N wrote:
amz wrote:

scum

Iul you can continue to make money from this site, whatever. Just don't contribute anymore.

Romanian posters already expressed their opinion when they moved from his Romanian forum and make a new one.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:58

:thumbdown:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Mon, 14 May 2018, 20:58

Your moral values are upside down. A state should prioritize its citizens, not foreigners. What next, anyone in the world who needs a transplant gets to tome to Romania and get one before Romanians do?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Black Sabbath » Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:04

:shock: :shock: :shock:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:21

4N wrote:
amz wrote:

scum

it is iul's private property so this cannot be voted. let him reveal his "beauty"

@iul: a kidney transplant is made based on the compatibility between the donor and the receiving patient; there were cases when people stayed 10 years on waiting list because there were others with better compatibility; this is not a merchandise but it is subject to medical decision of a committee, based on complex medical tests and people with much less waiting time can take in front of others who wait for years; I know few things about it because I had a friend (God rest his soul) who didn't made it because his body didn't receive the foreign organ. I wish you good health and never be nowhere near such situations.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Mon, 14 May 2018, 21:26

There's also a waiting list for people waiting who get a kidney, and the chances of a Tongan being more compatible to a kidney from a Romanian than a Romanian are very slim. This was a political decision. He was got it because he was prioritized.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 14 May 2018, 22:00

Happy for Tongan for receivng a second chance at life, but I'm pretty sure there is at least one compatible Romanian in Romania who could have used it but didn't get publicity. That's life.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 15 May 2018, 06:10

4N wrote: amz replaces iul as mod.

Hell no...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Semifinals 2018

Postby efti » Sat, 19 May 2018, 17:07

Two good games. 4 teams that can grow rugby in Romania.
Great to have the Irish referees, I think they made a difference since, unfortunately, Romanian referees would have helped CSM, as seen in the last games against Timisoara.
first game Steaua - Baia Mare was extremely close. BM seemed to have the upper hand, but Steaua always looked dangerous. I like the youngsters they play. With the first try, 10 minutes from time, Steaua looked like they won it, and, with a bit more composure in the end maybe would have. However, BM kept pressing, even after being repelled and in the end prevailed. A pity that, as it looked on TV, there were very few spectators at the game.
the second game, CSM Bucuresti - Timisoara, was not close at all. Timisoara was was the clearly better team, more settled and mature, and if they would have not butchered 2 tries in the second half, through Morisson and Fercu, they would have completly run away with the game. It shows again that the Romanian referees were playing for CSM in the regular season. I think, with time and money, CSM can build a good team, but today they didn't stand a chance against Timisoara.
It would be nice if next year more teams from Romania - at least 2, maybe up to 4, would play internationally and try to reach the challenge cup.
It was nice to see good and impartial refs, and that the players, mostly, respected the decisions.
Good rugby day for Romania.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby - live and older games

Postby efti » Sat, 19 May 2018, 17:10

https://www.rugbytv.ro
the official link were you can view, and review, most rugby games with Romanian involvement.
I think it's known but maybe not.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum