Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby victorsra » Mon, 26 Nov 2018, 17:11

Since 2017 is catastrophic. Except that FRR obtained some good investments from Government (main stadium is rebuilt, a regional center in Baia Mare), in marketing part nothing was done. Of course it can be improved.

It must be done. It is crucial to grow the game. It is a parallel work. People need to feel involved with rugby in Romania, as you have an amazing past and have means and knowledge to build a bright future. But times change and it is needed to have a strong presence in social media, for exemple.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 26 Nov 2018, 21:34

4N wrote:Possible Lievremont resignation?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MisterXVBlog ... 6988200961

Same guy also said Romania and Moldova should merge unions...

Postby 4N » Mon, 26 Nov 2018, 21:37

The story I heard is he wanted to resign after an assistant coach was dismissed but is reconsidering.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 27 Nov 2018, 09:01

TheStroBro wrote:
4N wrote:Possible Lievremont resignation?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MisterXVBlog ... 6988200961

Same guy also said Romania and Moldova should merge unions...

The article with Romania-Moldova unions was from Club16.ro, he probably retweeted. The news with possible resignation of Lievremont was first posted on facebook by a Romanian journalist and taken over from there. Later it was deleted from facebook. So far, nothing official, only rumors.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 05 Dec 2018, 14:26

Romanian women handball team practice rugby

https://twitter.com/Club16ro/status/1070322426716790785

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 07 Dec 2018, 13:14

It is somehow semi official, Romania and coach Lievremont part ways:

https://twitter.com/Club16ro/status/1070684010601476096

Now it is official:
https://frr.ro/2018/12/07/denuntarea-un ... -de-rugby/

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 07 Dec 2018, 14:14

I just hope they've got already somebody in FRR agenda.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 07 Dec 2018, 14:49

Armchair Fan wrote:I just hope they've got already somebody in FRR agenda.

I doubt. The bad thing is they may need to rely on whatever WR propose them...

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 07 Dec 2018, 18:27

Yeah I confirmed this when I woke up, as I understand it: World Rugby is funding the HC position. So everything is truly up in the air as it will be their appointment.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 09 Jan 2019, 18:59

So, do you guys have a coach yet?

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Wed, 09 Jan 2019, 19:42

YOU does not refer directly to me ... but

8 ianuarie 2019
https://frr.ro/2019/01/08/nationala-de- ... -acest-an/

Danie de Villiers – antrenor,
James de Lacey – preparator fizic,
Vlad Ilie – doctor si
Marius Todosi – kinetoterapeut.

:::

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Wed, 09 Jan 2019, 21:43

...that's the coaching team for starting preparations - first REC19 game against Georgia in Cluj on the 9th Feb.
No public news about the 'Oak's' Head Coach position (WR used to fund that role, hope they'll continue to do so...but uncertainty about the FRR leadership probably affects that decision for now...some muddy waters there now!)
Danie de Villiers is the head coach for the 7's team and will offer some sort of continuity (after Lièvremont controversial sacking) at least for Feb / March games ...I think (hope) he will be in the coaching team for the summer Nations Cup in Uruguay.
I'm sure they'll add another team coach for start of the competition...probably one of the romanian coaches - for them to get some exposure and experience at international level.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 14 Jan 2019, 15:14

Oaks' staff for REC 2019:

Lynn Howells - Technical Counsel
Marius Tincu - Head Coach/Caretaker until World Rugby will pick a new coach
Danie De Villiers - Backs coach

https://frr.ro/2019/01/14/marius-tincu- ... rld-rugby/

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Thu, 17 Jan 2019, 13:45

During their warm weather preparation before the start REC’19, Romanian Rugby Federation (FRR) announced on their Facebook page a game against Portugal in Lisbon on 1st Feb (Estadio Universitario 8pm local time)... (I assume the team will be made of home players only at that date)

Postby 4N » Fri, 18 Jan 2019, 21:59

Northampton 111 - 3 Timisoara :shock:

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 04:32

4N wrote:Northampton 111 - 3 Timisoara :shock:

How many Saracens were released though?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 20:37

TheStroBro wrote:
4N wrote:Northampton 111 - 3 Timisoara :shock:

How many Saracens were released though?

Yeap a low point for Timisoara y'day... they'll recover and start again...!
It was made public at start of the year that club finances weren't great... delayed wages and bonus payments from previous season, unclear direction of the club, funding plans etc
From the team at start of the season, a number of first team players are no longer in the squad or were not available.

Marian Drenceanu (signed with CSM Bucuresti)
Mesake Doge (signed with Brive)
Ion Badiu (signed with Valence)
Kevin Luiters (don't know where is playig now...maybe back in SA)
Chris Apoua (back in NZ with Southland)
Henri Boshoff (don't know...probably back in SA)
Catalin Fercu (not travelling by air to away games)
Randall Morrison (not sure if injured

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 22:17

btw...from the Timisoara mid 2017 season, 18 months later only M.Stewart i see regularly in the team... a revolving door!

Michael STEWART (NZ/Samoa) / James DOYLE (UK/NZ) / Pieter STEMMET (SA)
Marzuq MAARMAN (SA) / Henry SENILOLI (Fiji..went to Doncaster Knights last season)
Stefano HUNT (Aus) / Lotter PRETORIUS (SA)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 24 Jan 2019, 17:11

Guys, how is rugby doing there, last time Georgia lost both cups in Bucharest. What about this year? Romania must field best available or really young squad, is there any news?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Thu, 24 Jan 2019, 19:07

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Guys, how is rugby doing there, last time Georgia lost both cups in Bucharest. What about this year? Romania must field best available or really young squad, is there any news?

It will be first outing this time around of the team, under Marius Tincu as interims Head Coach + Lynn Howells return in a WR advisory capacity.
From the little media show of the new coaching team, the idea put forward is to get a better balance between our heritage play style versus expansive (but sometimes naive!) experiments during the summer/autumn season. My sense is that priority remains next World Cup (2023) and getting a strong enough selection base of players for qualification season - 2yrs before that... I think everybody agrees a good presence in REC is vital for moral in current situation....I would expect old heads to stick around for another couple of years till new generation find their steps... The players playing abroad will turn up when called (it was said), so let’s see what happens - no official complete list was made public yet for Feb/Mar - except domestic league players.
https://frr.ro/2019/01/21/stejarii-se-reunesc-pentru-debutul-in-rugby-europe-international-championship-2019/
At administration level... still lots of uncertainty on FRR leadership.

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Fri, 25 Jan 2019, 09:32

dans wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Guys, how is rugby doing there, last time Georgia lost both cups in Bucharest. What about this year? Romania must field best available or really young squad, is there any news?

It will be first outing this time around of the team, under Marius Tincu as interims Head Coach + Lynn Howells return in a WR advisory capacity.
From the little media show of the new coaching team, the idea put forward is to get a better balance between our heritage play style versus expansive (but sometimes naive!) experiments during the summer/autumn season. My sense is that priority remains next World Cup (2023) and getting a strong enough selection base of players for qualification season - 2yrs before that... I think everybody agrees a good presence in REC is vital for moral in current situation....I would expect old heads to stick around for another couple of years till new generation find their steps... The players playing abroad will turn up when called (it was said), so let’s see what happens - no official complete list was made public yet for Feb/Mar - except domestic league players.
https://frr.ro/2019/01/21/stejarii-se-reunesc-pentru-debutul-in-rugby-europe-international-championship-2019/
At administration level... still lots of uncertainty on FRR leadership.

It seems to me you guys used to play this style of rugby your last Spring game vs Lelos in Tbilisi. Indeed it was looked pretty well

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Rostick » Sun, 27 Jan 2019, 11:04

No official news, but it will surely be a similar team to the one that was destroyed by USA and lost to Uruguay last Autumn, maybe 2-3 more players from France at best. Overall a forced mix of youth and experience.

It won`t be the best squad as some older and / or naturalized players might be left out or on the bench, and a couple of key players have just announced their retirement.

We are in disarray and in rebuilding mode, with a new interim coaching staff which doesn`t inspire the most confidence. The game will be played in Cluj where there will probably be 1000 fans on a 30.000 seater stadium, so zero impact from the crowd. Barring a miracle Georgia should win easily. I expect you to be rated around 1.20 by the bookies, probably even lower. (that`s betting 10 dollars for a 2 dollar profit if you`re not a betting man).

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 27 Jan 2019, 15:29

Rostick wrote:

No official news, but it will surely be a similar team to the one that was destroyed by USA and lost to Uruguay last Autumn, maybe 2-3 more players from France at best. Overall a forced mix of youth and experience.

It won`t be the best squad as some older and / or naturalized players might be left out or on the bench, and a couple of key players have just announced their retirement.

We are in disarray and in rebuilding mode, with a new interim coaching staff which doesn`t inspire the most confidence. The game will be played in Cluj where there will probably be 1000 fans on a 30.000 seater stadium, so zero impact from the crowd. Barring a miracle Georgia should win easily. I expect you to be rated around 1.20 by the bookies, probably even lower. (that`s betting 10 dollars for a 2 dollar profit if you`re not a betting man).

of course im betting some times. Football + Rugby + Tennis

Yea Romania has some serious problems in Rugby. Problem is lack of young players with a lot of talent

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Mon, 28 Jan 2019, 13:25

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Yea Romania has some serious problems in Rugby. Problem is lack of young players with a lot of talent

We have improved. Youth will be better in the short run. At least the talent will be there, on paper. We are ok now. We'll be a lot better next year at U20 I think. This year I dunno, I don't think we have enough time but I have expectations next year.

My concern is the seniors. They will be bad until we bring some talent in via 7s.

At least those are my thoughts/hopes.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 31 Jan 2019, 00:18

Friendly game/common training

Portugal v Romania 0-54

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum