Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Romanian Rugby

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Romanian Rugby

Postby amz » Fri, 22 Mar 2019, 13:37

Armchair Fan wrote:Over a third of the squad changed compared to Zaragoza game in December. This and a bit more of training together should be enough to keep scores close...

the team from Zaragoza was in winter break for a month already when it was called up. Due to snow/weather, they trained together 2-3 days before the trip only indoor. Imo they shouldn't have accepted the invitation at that time of the year.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 23 Mar 2019, 07:52

Romanian Cup final between CSM Bucuresti and Timisoara Saracens to kick off today at 11:00 UK timezone

official live stream:
https://www.rugbytv.ro/2019/03/22/23-ma ... acens.html

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 23:05

A lot of moves in the Super Liga during the winter break

Baia Mare signed south african flanker Jacob Immelman (Eagles, Currie Cup), namibian international scrumhalf or flyhalf TC Kisting, utility back Dorin Manole (Orthez, 25 caps), kiwi centre Jason Tomane (CSM Bucuresti) and a big surprise with the signing of argentinian international front row Roberto Tejerizo (4 caps, ex Jaguares)

Steaua signed georgian prop Nika Pataraia from Baia Mare

Dinamo Bucuresti signed experienced nr8 Daniel Carpo (54 caps) from CSM Bucuresti and argentinian prop Juan Pablo Rivas

CSM Bucuresti strength its squad with south african flyhalf Karlo Aspeling (Pumas), Timisoara's lock Marian Drenceanu (6 caps) and romanian legen Ovidiu Tonita (73 caps)

Tomitanii Constanta is becoming very strong, with south african flyhalf Darren Baron (CSM Bucuresti), zimbabwean international centre Ngoni Chibuwe (Gexto, Spain), south african centre John Esterhuizen (Dinamo Bucuresti), fijian centre Jone Nasalo (Baia Mare), south african lock Cornell Hess (SWD Eagles), Timisoara's prop Gigi Militaru (3 caps), Sharks U21 hooker Samuel Swanepoel and georgians Nika Chumashvili (prop), Jonatan Paatashvili (hooker) and Giorgi Tsverava (prop, Decazeville, Fra)

No signing announced for Cluj, Timisoara and Buzau

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sat, 30 Mar 2019, 08:43

Steaua also signed Andrei Bucurescu (2nd line/3rd line) from CSM Bucharest. They also added Cristian Bumbac, Rares Ciudin and Iulian Buturuga (all born 2000) about 2 months ago.

Buzau added Wihan Adlen a South African centre/winger.

Baia Mare also brought a hooker from their youth team born 2000.

Dinamo also got a young 2nd line from Moldova.

CSM Bucuresti also signed Julien Onutu ex FED2, brother of Nicholas.

Tomitanii also brought a moldovan fly-half and Andrei Cabason (2nd line) both born 2000 from their youth team

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 30 Mar 2019, 09:19

beber wrote:Tomitanii Constanta Zimbabwean international centre Ngoni Chibuwe (Getxo, Spain)

As good a player as unreliable. Left without notice to play first Sevens World Series rounds of the season with Zimbabwe...

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Caledor » Tue, 16 Apr 2019, 14:39

I see interesting results last round 10.

1. CSM Buchuresti 44 pts.
2. Timisoara - 40 pts.
3. Steaua Buchuresti - 38 pts.
4. CSM Baia Mare - 37 pts.
5. SCM Gloria Buzau - 15 pts.
6. Dinamo Buchuresti - 11 pts.
7. Cluj. - 7 pts.
8. AS Tomitanii Constanta - 5 pts.

1. What happens in the European Continental Shield if CSM Buchuresti win the league for this season 2018-19? Will they qualify for the 2019-20 European Continental Shield?

2. I see Timisoara beat Enisei STM of Russia in Leg 1 of European Continental Shield. If Timisoara beat Enisei STM in leg 2 what happen? Will they be in the European Challenge Cup 2019-20 season?

3. I hear there are financial troubles with players getting paid on time at CSM Baia Mare, Timisoara, CSM Buchuresti, AS Tomitanii Constanta? Why does this happen a lot?

4. Romanian contracting laws in rugby are absolutely shocking! I am hearing AS Tomitanii Constanta are signing Andrei Cabason (2nd line) both born 2000 from their youth team for 7 years!? How can this be legal? I have heard from Romanian players the clubs like Baia Mare, Tomitanii Constanta an some others there put contract terms which exploit the players and the players are forced to sign away any rights to dispute contract terms and terminate contracts if the player wants to. Also, when the clubs sign players they players do not always understand the contract terms and legal language. There seems to be limited legal assistance available because thse clubs make the contracts in such a way that it is legally hard for player to get out of contract. This is absolutely terrible because if the best Romanian talent can get opportunities in other better countries like France, UK etc how can they get out of a contracts if signed for 7 years lol!

It is no surprise ex players, administrators, and coaches etc want the administration in Romania Rugby Federation kicked out.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 16 Apr 2019, 17:24

Not sure from where you heard that but I don't recall a contract of 7 years, I think 5 is the biggest I've heard but this is rare.

As for contract terms, here is the habit to consult a lawyer if you want to sign a contract. Also contracts with foreigners are bilingual otherwise may be easily annulled in court.

For getting released, usually the fees are small, 3k - 5k but not all clubs. This is because SL clubs pay some fees to junior clubs when they sign these young players and will probably be standardized 3k in near future. Rugby runs on money here you know.. sometimes there are delays in payments but now Timisoara don't have debts to players as far as I know. I didn't heard about the other clubs you mention. However, as rule, when a club don't pay a player for 3 months he can be released by filling a notification to the club and one to FRR. He retains the right to go in court and recover his debt until the moment he was released from contract by FRR.

What is your source?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Tue, 16 Apr 2019, 17:42

Caledor wrote:I see interesting results last round 10.

1. CSM Buchuresti 44 pts.
2. Timisoara - 40 pts.
3. Steaua Buchuresti - 38 pts.
4. CSM Baia Mare - 37 pts.
5. SCM Gloria Buzau - 15 pts.
6. Dinamo Buchuresti - 11 pts.
7. Cluj. - 7 pts.
8. AS Tomitanii Constanta - 5 pts.

1. What happens in the European Continental Shield if CSM Buchuresti win the league for this season 2018-19? Will they qualify for the 2019-20 European Continental Shield?

2. I see Timisoara beat Enisei STM of Russia in Leg 1 of European Continental Shield. If Timisoara beat Enisei STM in leg 2 what happen? Will they be in the European Challenge Cup 2019-20 season?

3. I hear there are financial troubles with players getting paid on time at CSM Baia Mare, Timisoara, CSM Buchuresti, AS Tomitanii Constanta? Why does this happen a lot?

4. Romanian contracting laws in rugby are absolutely shocking! I am hearing AS Tomitanii Constanta are signing Andrei Cabason (2nd line) both born 2000 from their youth team for 7 years!? How can this be legal? I have heard from Romanian players the clubs like Baia Mare, Tomitanii Constanta an some others there put contract terms which exploit the players and the players are forced to sign away any rights to dispute contract terms and terminate contracts if the player wants to. Also, when the clubs sign players they players do not always understand the contract terms and legal language. There seems to be limited legal assistance available because thse clubs make the contracts in such a way that it is legally hard for player to get out of contract. This is absolutely terrible because if the best Romanian talent can get opportunities in other better countries like France, UK etc how can they get out of a contracts if signed for 7 years lol!

It is no surprise ex players, administrators, and coaches etc want the administration in Romania Rugby Federation kicked out.

1. How are 1,2,3 and 4 related to the administration in the Romanian Rugby Federation? Not their job to provide free legal counsel for players, or take care of how clubs spend their money or treat their players. It is also not in the Federations control who gets invited into Continental Shield/Challenge Cup, or who wins what games. There is a period of time after the player can leave if he wasn't paid, Think it's 2,5 months or something. I have never heard of a 7 year contract. If that is true that is ridiculous. The Federation sucks but not for these reasons.
2. Most teams financed by town halls are sometimes slow in paying teams/players, usually this time of year when they get their budget and need to allocate the money. The only team I know has financial problems for a fact are Timisoara. Their financial problems are payment delays to the players which tend to be frequent. The reason for this in unknown to me.
About points 1&2 in your post, I have no clue. If Timisoara stays in Challenge by beating Enisey I doubt a spot will open for another Romanian team in Continental Shield, which I would like very much.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 17 Apr 2019, 07:15

7 years !?, that's pure fantasy sorry. The longest contract i heard in Romanian rugby is 4 years.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby dans » Wed, 17 Apr 2019, 14:34

7yrs!...the contract has to be really good in value in money now and as a seasonal future forecast, for somebody to sign for that long time...but hey, between 2 consenting adults anything can be agreed...the assumption of both parties, is that you know what you do!
It must be a mis-understanding somewhere.

If a player is over 17 then a professional work contract can be agreed if the parents/or responsible person also give their accord. The contracts for the over 17's can only be done for 2 years at a time and even if it is for a longer period, it will expire when the player finish their junior period (age turned 20). From there on, a professional work contract has to be prepared or continue as an amator player probably for other club.

It is true that a player can have a contract with a club and also can have an additional contract with FRR.

In case of litigation related to breach of contract, the FRR contract template has an entry that states the 2 parties agree to not defer ruling to civil law until all sports relations agencies were consulted for mitigation...but that's common in sport.
The player can be represented by an agent licensed according to WR & FRR rules, or a lawyer/solicitor that practised for at least 2 years. As the contract is negotiated between player / club according to Romanian Civil Law + FRR guidance rules, it allows the agent and/or lawyer to participate in negotiations as the legal representative of the player.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum