Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Small news

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: Small news

Postby NedRugby » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 09:05

According to rugby.nl the match in Moldova starts at 12.30 Dutch time, so 11.30 UTC I think.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby mcruic » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 17:14

Northern Mariana Islands is apparently going to make their 7s début at the Pacific Mini Games in Vanuatu in December.

They had a XVs team (called Saipan after the main island) that regularly defeated Guam in the late 1990s, but haven't fielded a national side of any sort since then.
Results, fixtures and (soon, I hope, dammit) rankings for 64 team sports @ http://theroonba.com

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby mcruic » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 17:16

Canalina wrote:A pure small news: this saturday a match in Liechtenstein apparently involves the national team vs Voralberg, the more western region of Austria

And the result was Liechtenstein 33-34 Vorarlberg RUFC.
Results, fixtures and (soon, I hope, dammit) rankings for 64 team sports @ http://theroonba.com

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 19:10

mcruic wrote:Northern Mariana Islands is apparently going to make their 7s début at the Pacific Mini Games in Vanuatu in December.

They had a XVs team (called Saipan after the main island) that regularly defeated Guam in the late 1990s, but haven't fielded a national side of any sort since then.

Which countries will be there?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby mcruic » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 23:39

victorsra wrote:
mcruic wrote:Northern Mariana Islands is apparently going to make their 7s début at the Pacific Mini Games in Vanuatu in December.

The organisers know, but they haven't published the list yet. They've only published the fact there will be 13 teams.

Australia and New Zealand have been given special dispensation to play, and Northern Mariana Islands as I mentioned.

I expect the others will be Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, New Caledonia and either Tuvalu, Nauru, Niue or Wallis & Futuna. Tahiti is boycotting the entire games, so won't compete.

The other 7 members who seem very unlikely to compete are:
Tokelau, Norfolk Island, Palau, Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Kiribati.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 15 Nov 2017, 16:13

Today Costa Rica has been elected as full member of World Rugby

So somewhen we will have 105 nations in the ranking, with the inclusion of Ghana and Costa Rica.
I think Costa Rica deserved this, they seem a good federation

mcruic wrote:
victorsra wrote:

The organisers know, but they haven't published the list yet. They've only published the fact there will be 13 teams.
Australia and New Zealand have been given special dispensation to play, and Northern Mariana Islands as I mentioned.
I expect the others will be Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, New Caledonia and either Tuvalu, Nauru, Niue or Wallis & Futuna. Tahiti is boycotting the entire games, so won't compete.
The other 7 members who seem very unlikely to compete are:
Tokelau, Norfolk Island, Palau, Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Kiribati.

I wonder if they don't mean "13 men's or women's teams", but of course I hope they mean "13 different nations".
Why Tahiti is boycotting the event?

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum