Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Last countries without rugby

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Last countries without rugby

Postby victorsra » Thu, 28 Jun 2018, 05:50

Guatemala played last weekend against El Salvador a anual trophy: http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/0 ... -salvador/
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby therugbycoach » Thu, 28 Jun 2018, 15:07

Thats good then and El Salvador must have improved as they got seriously stuffed this time last year

The Nicaraguan part is right though... there is still riot, and all main arteries in and out of Nicaragua are blocked. i dont believe any training is being done due to the dangers of traveling around Managua at night !
they also have issues that have caused SA Rugby to basically block them from all competitions and some other rugby events.. mainly due to the organisation/ committees disputes who is president , finacial mismanagement and much of the usual corruption issues

They dont even have a 15s team as such yet SA rugby allowed them to take part last year without having to scrum..i.e uncontested and have not done any 15s from that day to this

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 28 Jun 2018, 15:36

The Nicaraguan part is right though... there is still riot, and all main arteries in and out of Nicaragua are blocked.

Well, AFAIK the South American 3rd division starts only in August. So there is time to see the roads situation getting better.

mainly due to the organisation/ committees disputes who is president , finacial mismanagement and much of the usual corruption issues

I heard the same too. This really can make Nicaragua out of the tournament.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum