Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Servette Genf Rugby

Re: Servette Genf Rugby

Postby Raven » Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 14:17

vino_93 wrote:Anyway, I don't think french federation will accept it anew. There was a massiv opposition against them by french clubs. Not so many of them like to see pro players destroying 100% amateur teams... and it's difficult for the FFR to put a team directly in Fédérale 3. So ... they are probably the last giving this opportunity (except a few clubs from Luxemburg, Monaco or Andorra maybe).

Well, to my surprise when seeing the pools for next season I saw Monaco is in Pool 6 of the Federale 3 :shock: I wasn´t aware that they where in the Federale system or had been promoted for next season.

Servette in Pool 3

And a team called CONDOM (for real, https://sacondomrugby.clubeo.com/ ) in Pool 12.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 14:38

There used to be a player called Condom too, always good for risque jokes.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 21:33

Missed it too for Monaco. Good for them. One of their coach is Luciano Orquera, former Italian international !

Yes Condom is a small city in south-west :)

Postby Raven » Tue, 02 Jul 2019, 09:43

vino_93 wrote:Missed it too for Monaco. Good for them. One of their coach is Luciano Orquera, former Italian international !

Back when Italy had an average of 6/7 Argentines playing for them...

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Tue, 17 Sep 2019, 13:00

So Servette won its first game, 23-25 in Bellegarde. Bellegarde should be one of the strongest, being relegated from Fédérale 2.

Other teams in the pool are : Riom, Tarare, Givors, Villars-les-Dombes, Cusset (P), Rhône Sportif, Saint-Marcel-Bel-Accueil, Ampuis, Saint-Savin (R) & Andrézieux-Bouthéon.

Monaco joins too, in Pool 6. But they lost 38-26 against Aix UC.

Postby Raven » Thu, 02 Jan 2020, 11:16

So the streak continued and won their 11 games of the first round, although results keep getting closer. They do have an 11point advantage over the second position team...

Monaco on the other hand isn´t having the same luck, and they are 9th (out of 12) Seems to be the end of the road of them in the promotion spree, at least for this season.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Thu, 02 Jan 2020, 11:43

If you watching them on social media , you clearly see a strategy and a plan which leads them directly into the higher leaques , They have regular business events and the have a fantastic youth academy. You will see them in 5 years at least in Fed 1

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Thu, 02 Jan 2020, 12:18

germanbullsfan wrote:If you watching them on social media , you clearly see a strategy and a plan which leads them directly into the higher leaques , They have regular business events and the have a fantastic youth academy. You will see them in 5 years at least in Fed 1

They can be in 2 seasons I guess. They will easily leave Fédérale 3 this year. Fédérale 2 shouldn't be a big problem for them neither, considering they were playing with Fédérale 1 / 2 players in Honneurs. They have enough money to be promoted from Fédérale 2 to Fédérale 1 next season.
Then finally, we will see what they can achieve once in Fédérale 1.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 02 Jan 2020, 15:17

Raven wrote:So the streak continued and won their 11 games of the first round, although results keep getting closer. They do have an 11point advantage over the second position team...

Monaco on the other hand isn´t having the same luck, and they are 9th (out of 12) Seems to be the end of the road of them in the promotion spree, at least for this season.

Monaco will play the new French Super Sevens. It is a 16 teams series with the 14 Top14 clubs, French Barbarians and Monaco. I guess that's their current focus.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Thu, 02 Jan 2020, 18:41

victorsra wrote:
Raven wrote:So the streak continued and won their 11 games of the first round, although results keep getting closer. They do have an 11point advantage over the second position team...

Monaco will play the new French Super Sevens. It is a 16 teams series with the 14 Top14 clubs, French Barbarians and Monaco. I guess that's their current focus.

For the moment this is only a one off event. There are plans to expand it to 3 or 4 events, but that's not that much to run a team a whole season... I will be interested to see who will play for them in super sevens.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum