Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Guide to the World Cup in Russia

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Guide to the World Cup in Russia

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 11:34

I also have the feeling, that the hype is a little bit less than before, but I might be wrong.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 11:09

Is Russia really good or are Saudi Arabia really bad? Proof that even soccer's world cup still has blowout scores.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby NedRugby » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 14:10

The England football team visited an orphanage in Russia yesterday.
It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope

said Sergei, aged 6.

(With apologies to English people. I was sent this by an English person, and I'm sure it's less funny when told by a foreigner. Also I think the same joke has been doing the rounds for about 4 years with appropriate modifications to the location of the orphanage).

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 18:37

Flying to Moscow very early in the morning. Attendance in Ekaterinburg was a bit disappointing. Mostly noticeable in the more expensive seats.

It makes you think about how a rugby tournament in Russia would go in terms of attendance.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Bolaroid » Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 08:57

thatrugbyguy wrote:Is Russia really good or are Saudi Arabia really bad? Proof that even soccer's world cup still has blowout scores.

The Russian goal scored with the outside of the foot was beautiful. Surprised they won by that much but they were on a high I guess.

Good to see the host start well, even if it is Putin's team.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 08:11

NedRugby wrote:The England football team visited an orphanage in Russia yesterday.
It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope

said Sergei, aged 6.

(With apologies to English people. I was sent this by an English person, and I'm sure it's less funny when told by a foreigner. Also I think the same joke has been doing the rounds for about 4 years with appropriate modifications to the location of the orphanage).

I saw a sign about free ice-cream for everyone if Italy scores. :D

Btw how is your team doing?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Previous

Return to Other subjects