Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Winter Olympics

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby vino_93 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 06:45

Canalina, you must be happy ! Congrats to Goggia !

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 07:44

I'm, great race. Happy for Vonn too, it was her last chance to got an olympic medal and she took it

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 13:27

I do not see this shame. There is no Russian team.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 15:43

Canalina wrote:It seems illogic that he could have taken that medicinal but it seems (to me) even more illogic that someone in WADA could have dropped it in its urine.
An italian newspaper wrote that Meldonium has almost no benefit for a male athlete but that it improves the general well-being and the sexual performance. Maybe he took the meldonium for non-sport use. It seems stupid before an event controlled by the anti-doping agency, I know, but as I said every alternative theory seems even more unlikely

Meldonius is not doping!

WADA is the organization of deceitful bastards defending the countries of West and destroying their competitors!

Therefore Meldonius made in Russia is banned (before this 40 years it was allowed), and the western analog - Сarnitine is allowed!

Therefore the use of doping to Western athletes with "asthma" and other deadly diseases is permited and Russia is disqualified for harmles Meldonius!

Maybe because the WADA presidents were a Canadian , Australian and now Englishman?

A representative of Russia is not at all?

A single application of Meldonium was found.
He before or during the Olympics ate one tablet.
Its useles!
What for ?

What would Russia would not be restored in rights after this Olympiad.
And to whom it was profitable i know!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 15:50

I think meldonium WADA banned due to corruption pharmacologic western companies.

West analogue meldonium nobody forbids!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 16:33

I'm not an expert of medicinals (I'm a total ignorant about) so I can't answer properly. I don't know if really WADA permits "western" medicinals homologue to meldonium while excluding meldonium. It could be, I know that sometime governments and pharmacy companies make dirty moves like this. Of course this would be completely wrong.
Anyway, I don't think meldonium is innocuous; according to wikipedia it helps the blood flow in the body and I think it's not a case if so many russian athletes used Meldonium because they casually had some illness which needs it. I know, also the 70% italian cyclists have a form of asthma which casually need some medicines that eventually improve the sport performance; but the faults of western athletes don't justify the faults of eastern athletes.
I just can't think that someone falsified the curling athlete anti-doping test, I can't think that someone ruins the life of a man just to keep Russia far from the Games. This is not Ken Follett, this is life; people are not so mean (usually). I think that athlete really took meldonium, maybe not for sport reasons

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 19:32

One tablet meldonium drink does not make sense.
For a minimal effect you need to go through the course and drink meldonium for a while.
But meldonium is not doping.

And Western sportsmen WADA allows to take dope.

Ventolin in horse doses is dope!
A Methylphenidatum gymnast Biles - heavy drug banned in many countries!

There are statistics of the worldwide spred of asthma from 2004.
Well, why is the spread of asthma among Western athlets?

Olympics - sports of healthy people!
Take part in Olympics among asthmatics!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018, 20:56

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 04:32

I agree, the largely spread use of Ventolin in sports requiring long efforts is a shame. In Italy too it is very used; we have a bad bad tradition of doping in sports like cycling and cross-country ski, even if in the last ten years the situation has gone clearly improving thanks to a more serious anti-doping effort. By the way, it was never State doping; simply the State (and we fans) chose to close both the eyes to not see the doping problem.
Anyway it seems to me that the large use of Ventolin is homologue to the one of Meldonium in the East. This is an interesting article I found on the first page of a google search

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/me ... fc31954e46

According to it
17% of russian athletes use Meldonium
53% of russian rugbymen use Meldonium

The scientists mentioned by the article admit that there are not strong proofs of athletic benefits by Meldonium and that they have banned it just because the fact that so many russian athletes use it is suspect

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 07:17

And why don't you use ventolin vova ? If it's allowed, do the smart use instead of keeping meldonium... :roll:

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 13:50

Alpine ski women kombi podium, with silver, gold and bronze from the left.
Few spectators as usual, let's hope the Beijing Games will have bigger crowds and a bit more difficult slopes. Need to wait four years to the next Winter Olympics, what sadness :(

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 18:23

vino_93 wrote:And why don't you use ventolin vova ? If it's allowed, do the smart use instead of keeping meldonium... :roll:

In Russia there are not so many scamme ... asthmatics! :lol:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Thu, 22 Feb 2018, 18:30

Russia lost long ago. Our officials did not object when meldonium recognized "prohibited substancie".
It is from this moment.
Now instead of meldonium our athletes drink a similar in propertes carnitine. But already Western manufacturs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...0WbkxAWyb4

And they forbid us because of meldonium.

But there are those who resist.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 08:16

Sponsorship income jumps as IOC report $99 million deficit for 2017

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... t-for-2017

Notes to last year’s document suggest that the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) was allocated $91.6 million (£66.2 million/€74.7 million) of TOP programme revenue in 2017, compared with $77.9 million (£56.3 million/€63.6 million) for other National Olympic Committees (NOCs).

The accounts explain that the IOC has "contracted a loan" up to a maximum CHF120 million ($127.7 milliom/£92.4 million/€104.3 million) to finance construction of its new headquarters.

:D

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 09:10

Vova12 wrote:Notes to last year’s document suggest that the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) was allocated $91.6 million (£66.2 million/€74.7 million) of TOP programme revenue in 2017, compared with $77.9 million (£56.3 million/€63.6 million) for other National Olympic Committees (NOCs).

Could this, before we watch out for a conspiracy, be a case of who won how many medals?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/rio-2 ... /countries

I mean the USA won 121 (46/37/38) medals in Rio which is nearly more than double the amount that GB, China and Russia (2nd, 3rd, 4th) won.

Also, and I am only taking a wild guess here, could it be, that the USA brought in the most tv revenue, so they get a larger share?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 09:52

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Could this, before we watch out for a conspiracy, be a case of who won how many medals?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/rio-2 ... /countries

I mean the USA won 121 (46/37/38) medals in Rio which is nearly more than double the amount that GB, China and Russia (2nd, 3rd, 4th) won.

Also, and I am only taking a wild guess here, could it be, that the USA brought in the most tv revenue, so they get a larger share?

Russia did not have many athletes disqualified because of lying bastard Rodchenkov. In adition it is very diffikult with teams that have "deadly sick people" in their composition and are actually supported by WADA and IOC.

By the way, do not you know that the IOC is a non-profit organization?

No ?

And you know that a non-profit organization is an organization that does not have profit as its main goal and does not distribute the profits among the participants. ...

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 11:12

For my taste, one collateral problem of the Winter Olympics (and of the Summer's too, probably) is the excessive amount of races. More medals you give, less value every medal is going to have. In Sochi they distributed 97 gold medals and that number was already too large to me; now I read that in PyeongChang the gold medals will be 102. Every new edition some sport federations obtains a new race: "we have the men's relay and the women's relay, why don't organize also a mixed relay?"; "we have the 5 km classical skiing and the 10 km free skiing, why don't organize also a 7.5 km mixed skiing?" and so on...
If you want to create new races, fantasy has not limits: relais, mixed races, new distances, team races in individual sports... you could easily go up to 500 events in Winter Games if you wanted. But there must be a limit and for my taste that limit has been already passed.
Some races as the team event in Alpine Ski have just no sense for me

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 15:27

Wow Germany beating Canada at men ice hockey!!! I think is one of the biggest surprises in the history of any team sport.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 15:47

Well, it's going to be always a bit tainted for the lack of NHL players... But yeah, not a good time to be a Canadian team sports fans. Even curling failed.

By the way, it prooves it was lunacy to think Russia was going to miss this precise tournament. Once in a lifetime chance.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 15:59

Armchair Fan wrote:Well, it's going to be always a bit tainted for the lack of NHL players...

I know but still ...big surprise.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:20

Armchair Fan wrote:Well, it's going to be always a bit tainted for the lack of NHL players... But yeah, not a good time to be a Canadian team sports fans. Even curling failed.

By the way, it prooves it was lunacy to think Russia was going to miss this precise tournament. Once in a lifetime chance.

While the NHL did not steal our players we could win them and did it very often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIdTmF7AJ4

What do yours write about Bilbao?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:24

The Germans are great!
I do not watch the Olympics, but it"s a great victory for German hockey!

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:36

Vova12 wrote:What do yours write about Bilbao?

Press is mostly mourning the policeman. Initially Russian hooligans were blamed, but when it came clear he was killed by Athletic ultras a big debate on whether clubs should control their ultras...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:41

Armchair Fan wrote:Press is mostly mourning the policeman. Initially Russian hooligans were blamed, but when it came clear he was killed by Athletic ultras a big debate on whether clubs should control their ultras...

To be honest the fans of "Spartac" - not a gift, but the Basqes attacked first ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018, 16:47

Russia has a new dope.
Sergeeva bobsley.
On 14 February there is no doping; on 20 February there is doping.

Minimum amount of trimetazidine.

This substance is similar to meldonium and forbidden WADA along with meldonium.

PreviousNext

Return to Other subjects