Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

The other World Cup

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: The other World Cup

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 13:01

vino_93 wrote:You were good at handball... Until we start thrashing you :D

Don't know. The Handball World Cup wasn't even on any German tv station (not a joke). But you can watch the 4th soccer division live.

I always wanted to know somebody from Katar, the only nation Germany lost against at the last Handball World Cup. 8-) :lol:
But I doubt a 20:21-loss is called "a trashing".
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 14:57

I'm not from Qatar but from France. And vu thrashing, I was refering tout the last decade results... :) France - Germany games were my favorites !

Quite surprise tout hear that handball doesn't have media interest. Here you are seen as a top nation, with a powerful league, great players and rich history as inventors of the sport.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 06:54

Breaking news for you RugbyLiebe: Germany is the defending European Champion in handball. So don't be furious next time your fellow Germans will ask about rugby team if really exist in Germany :)).

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 10:51

Of course there is a big support for the german national handball team. Whoever claims something else has not been to Gummersbach, Minden, Melsungen or any place where the local handball team attracts more sponsors, spectators and government grants than soccer does. The reason behind the lack of TV coverage is the greed of the IHF (International Handball Federation). They even made Germany get a wildcard once, when they didn't qualify, to obtain german money. But that's nothing new to me. Everyone whines about FIFA, but in comparison, soccer has clear rules concerning qualifiers... no wildcard bullshit, that is seen (almost) everywhere else: Handball, Volleyball, Basketball.
Rugby is another thing: giving the supposed weaker team one shot in an away fixture is still better than just giving wildcards to someone, because their pockets are filled with something valuable

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 11:57

Bogdan_DC wrote:Breaking news for you RugbyLiebe: Germany is the defending European Champion in handball. So don't be furious next time your fellow Germans will ask about rugby team if really exist in Germany :)).

I know. I was just joking around with vino93, who claimed that France was trashing Germany in handball, when Germany has only lost one game (20:21 against Quatar) in the last tournament (and yeah is the European champion)
Rey200 described perfectly, why it wasn't on TV.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 07:28

I understand perfectly, is a case of Germany beating Romania on rugby and after that doing thrash talking on T2 forum :).

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 30 Nov 2017, 14:35

Bogdan_DC wrote:I understand perfectly, is a case of Germany beating Romania on rugby and after that doing thrash talking on T2 forum :).

Behave, you are talking to a supporter of the one and only "Rugby Europe Champion"-Beaters.
Apart from that Rugby does exist in Germany. Its this crazy sport, they play with helmets, right?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 13:09

RugbyLiebe wrote:Behave, you are talking to a supporter of the one and only "Rugby Europe Champion"-Beaters.

Please repeat this on Georgian thread and we let you beat us again :))!

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 23:02

Bogdan_DC wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:Behave, you are talking to a supporter of the one and only "Rugby Europe Champion"-Beaters.

Please repeat this on Georgian thread and we let you beat us again :))!

There will be a time for it. And this time is called Antim brawl :D

Previous

Return to Other subjects