Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

The IRB should block Israel

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: The IRB should block Israel

Postby Rowan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 12:14

How does that American opinion piece explain, dispute or even address anything I wrote in my previous post, other than my point the Zionists have a stranglehold on American coverage of the issue? On the issue of wars with its neighbours, it neglected to mention Israel conducted a terrorist bombing campaign against British interests within Egypt in an attempt to frame Egypt (Lavon Affair) in 1954, and two years later drew Egypt into another war so that Britain could re-enter Egypt and take control of the Suez Canal, which Nasser had nationalized (Operation Musketeer). Nor did it mention Ariel Sharon's war crimes during Israel's 1967 attack on Egypt and other neighbours. As for the Palestinians rejecting peace agreements designed to give away their land, didn't Native Americans, Aborigines and Maori do likewise? Well, the result was the same - removal by force, ethnic cleansing, extermination. That 700,000 Palestinians were driven out of their homes and turned into refugees (or corpses) en masse is not in dispute.

The map says it all, AMZ. There wasn't an Israel 70 years ago. There was a tiny Jewish minority living in Palestine, recently "liberated" by the British - only to find itself betrayed and put under British rule. It was the British who opened it up to Zionist immigration, mostly from Europe. Now we see that the new state of Israel occupies most of what used to be Palestine. How did that happen? Did the Palestinians merely pack up and leave? Of course not. The Palestinians themselves refer to the 'Nakba,' the catastrophe, which basically entailed the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from their native lands. They were evicted at gunpoint and their houses were demolished. 700,000 Palestinians were expelled (10% of them were Christian Arabs), a statistic that is not disputed. Of course, many thousands more refused to leave, and these were killed without mercy. Rape, torture and execution were used widely and strategically by the likes of the Stern and Irgun gangs and Hagana (several future prime ministers emerged from this group, including Ben Gurion) who were every bit as brutal and vicious as the Hamas you are crying about today. Zionist settlers, mostly from Europe, accepted by virtue of religion not race, and invariably European in appearance (after 2 millenia in that parrt of the world), replaced them. No better example of ethnic cleansing and colonization exists in the modern era than this. It is exactly the same as what the Europeans did in the Americas, Australasia and elsewhere. & this was precisely the meaning of Zionism from the start. In fact, many European Jews regarded it as such, and therefore chose America instead.

As for the question of who started the current conflict, the sequence of events is very simple to follow and not in dispute either. On Nakba Day two Palestinian youths participating in protests were shot dead by Israeli troops. Video footage made widely available through the social media and unbiased TV channels showed quite clearly that the murdered youths posed no threat to anybody. They weren't even throwing stones. Next three Israeli youths were kidnapped and murdered in Palestine. No one knows who by or why. What were they doing there remains a mystery. One of them was a soldier. But Israel blamed Hamas. Israeli, extremists, meanwhile, burned a Palestinian boy to death in revenge. The perpetrators of the latter crime were arrested. In response to the former crime, an as yet unsolved triple homicide, the Israel army - one of the most powerful in the world - launched a bombing campaign against the civilian population of a densely-populated residential area (ie the ghetto they are forced to live in, which has been described as an open-air prison). So far they have killed over 700 Palestinians, mostly civilians, about half of them women and children. They have bombed hospitals, mosques and disabled centers. They have executed wounded men in cold blood and killed children playing on a beach. Fortunately we have video evidence of these atrocities and grave violations of human rights, or else apologists such as yourself would be flatly denying them and accusing us of anti-Israel propaganda. In response, some Palestinians have fired largely impotent rockets, just as the Native Americans fired their bows & arrows.

Israel, in fact, has control of the biggest propaganda machine on the planet, that is, the American media, which is controlled by major corporations with Zionist connections. That's why American coverage of this issue is so ridiculously biased. & the Zionist lobby ties America's hands on the issue because of the bribery system during election campaigns. That's why America vetoes any action the UN wishes to take in response to Israeli war crimes, time and time again. Meanwhile, America continues to send Israel billions of dollars every year, mostly for its military.

Hamas, like Hezbullah in Lebanon, was formed in direct response to Israeli state terrorism. They are the choice of the Palestinian people because Fatah and its puppet leader Abbas have failed to deliver them anything. Israel had the opportunity to negotiate when Arafat was around but besieged him in a bunker in Ramallah instead, right up to his highly suspicious death. Now they refuse to negotiate with Hamas on anything but the most ridiculous terms, such as those put forth by Egypt - which is back under military dictatorship and thus receiving substantial funding from America. A truce involves negotiating with your enemy on mutually agreeable terms. Again, here are those offered by Hamas, but rejected by Israel, for a 10 year truce.

A since you like videos, there are countless more where these came from:

History of Zionist colonization http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bxj1uvDXU

More here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMv7_eOb0B4

& more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6IiSUxpgw

Israeli author Ilan Pappe condemns Israel's ethnic cleansing of Palestine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lsmFS75ed4

Jimmy Carter condemns Israel's Apartheid system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvtC_qzHVM4

Chomsky on war crimes against Palestinians http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfzC5NNAew

Mandela backs Palestine struggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5TiUhhm7cQ

Comprehensive overview of the conflict: http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/the ... tory_2009/
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 13:04

only Mandela has my respect from that list so I am not impressed; yes, I heard that many times yet the reality from there is quite different. I wonder if you ever traveled in Israel.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 14:10

That Palestinian loss of land map is one of the bigger pieces of propaganda floating around.

For example, the 1946 map is not a map of Jewish and Palestinian land but rather a map of Jewish and non-Jewish land. The part in green is non-Jewish land, but the majority of it was public (British at that time) land, not Palestinian land.

Then you've got the 1947 map, which the Arabs/Palestinians rejected!

Then you've got the 1967 map, which isn't Palestinian land at all. Gaza was Egyptian land and the West Bank was annexed by Jordan.

Finally, the most recent map is the only map that shows any land the Palestinians have actually had control over.

The Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews should come up with their own map of land that was stolen from them by the governments of the Arab world. But that would be bad foruming as it would screw up the margins since that land is estimated to be 4 times the size of Israel.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 14:14

iul wrote:But the bombing campaign wasn't started because of rockets being fired into Israel, it was started because of those 3 teenagers that were killed, and whom we still don't know who started it. Also, the people of Palestine have been kicked out of their homes to make room for Jewish settlers, so it's not like they just started one day to shoot rockets without a reason. Or perhaps you think getting kicked out of your home and into an open air prison is fine.

EDIT: also, I love the way you're trying to imply Israel is the victim of "liberal media" propaganda, when in the US at least the media coverage is almost 100% in favor of Israel.

That's just not what happened. Israel went in and arrested some people they thought were responsible for the murder and Hamas responded by firing more rockets into Israel. Israel is not bombing Gaza because a couple of kids got murdered. The idea of that is asinine.

You talk about Hamas not firing rockets without a reason in relation to settlers, but do you realize that when Israel withdrew its settlements from Gaza, there were increased rocket attacks on Israel?

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 15:11

Can you post a link to any news source stating this occurred, Coloradoan? Ok, let's say, hypothetically speaking, you are right, and that somebody really did fire rockets at Israel after three suspects were arrested in the the triple homicide case. Firstly, there was the double murder of Palestinian youths on Nakba Day prior to the triple homicide, this carried out by Israeli military snipers. No arrests, therefore no response. Secondly, that aside, how does what you suggest justify an extensive bombing campaign by one of the most powerful armies in the world against an impoverished and downtrodden residential population of an enforced ghetto, killing more than 700 (mostly civilians, more than half women and children) and counting, and wiping out hospitals, mosques, disabled centres, wounded and helpless young men and kids playing on a beach?

I believe both sides of every issue should always be looked at, and therefore took the time to watch the video Sables posted. But, to be honest, the guy looks like one of these fanatics you see on the American Christian cable TV channels trying to claim dinosaurs did not exist and were put there by the devil to test our faith. There was no room for debate, no evidence, no statistics, no video footage or reference to authors, journalists, historians, international aid workers or any other kind of sources; just sweeping, unsubstantiated claims accompanied by cartoon images.

Aside from its grossly one-sided account of Israel's many wars with its neighbours, and complete whitewashing of the Nakba and countless subsequent massacres of Palestinian refugees such as Sabra and Shatila (horrific carnage, if you care to look it up) and the Jenin Camp 12 years ago where chemical weapons were used and international inspectors and aid workers denied access, it repeatedly stated that Arabs want to kill Israelis. This is ridiculous propaganda. Reverse that claim and you've got instant 'anti-Semitist' accusations written all over it. Not even those of us deeply concerned with the plight of the native Palestinians would claim for a minute than only one side has been killing. But Israel receives billions of dollars from the US every year to develop its military while the impoverished and downtrodden Palestinians only have their pathetic home-made rockets. As Chomsky put it, using fighter jets to drop bombs and missiles on a civilian population which has no fighter jets or bombs is not a war, it's murder. Others have called it genocide.

ps you claim the land in the maps was originally British. No, that land was actually stolen from the Palestinians by the British, who had promised to liberate them if they helped fight the Ottomans, then failed to do so. Instead the British decided to play God and open up the territory for immigration mostly from Europe. The Palestinian natives didn't want this (just like your native peoples didn't want the white folks stealing all their land) and refused to sign anything that allowed it (as mentioned in the aforementioned video, which appeared to regard this as outrageous). If you think that land was British, and that Zionists mostly from Europe had the right to take it by force, then you are clearly a supporter of colonization.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 15:33

How do you respond to the claim that if the Israelis refused to fight they would get wiped out and if the Palestinians refused to fight there would be peace?

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 15:55

By drawing your attention to the fact a Jewish minority lived in relative peace beside Palestinian Arabs (Christian Arabs included) in Ottoman times and long before. By drawing your attention to the Nakba - which removed 700 thousand Palestinians from their native lands by force (including terrorism, rape, torture and widespread execution, all well-documented). By drawing your attention to the massacres at Yehida, Khisas, Qazaza, Al Sheih, Deir Yassin, Naser Al Din, Beit Daras, The Dahmash Mosque, Dawayma, Sharafat, Qibya, Kafr Qasem, Al Soummou, Sabra and Shatila, Oyon Qara, the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Ibrahimi Mosque, Jabalia, the Eretz checkpoint and Jenin where chemical weapons were used. By drawing your attention to Israel's vicious attacks on its neighoburs, such as the Levon Affair, Operation Muskateer and the 1967 War. & by drawing your attention to the current massacre, which has so far claimed over 700 lives, which was entirely without provocation, and has been condemned all around the world. Please feel free to google any of the massacres and attacks I refer to. There is video evidence of some, notably the horrific Sabra and Shatila affair, for which Ariel Sharon - a future Israeli PM - was found responsible.

As stated earlier, the Israelis have had their chance for peace. They could have negotiated with Arafat, for example, a Nobel Peace Prize winner who actually angered Palestinians by offering to relinquish most of their land for the sake of peace. Instead the Israelis besieged him in a bumker in Ramallah, called him a terrorist and obstacle to peace (Sharon publicly stated he wanted him dead), right up until his highly suspicious death. Even Hamas has offered perfectly reasonable terms, but Israel refuses to accept them, instead insisting the Palestinians accept those construed by the military dictatorship of Egypt, which is again the recipient of substantial US funding and again works in liaison with the Israelis to keep the Palestinians locked in a ghetto which has been compared to those of Nazi Germany. Palestinians have offered to make peace on many occasions. The Israeli response has invariably been to attack them again on some pretext or another. There's your answer.

Postby 4N » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 18:56

I'm sorry that's a bit of a nonsensical post. You begin by stating that Jews lived in Muslim lands for centuries in relative peace. How is that relevant to their treatment in the 20th century? You can't put it all on the creation of Israel. Christian Arabs have suffered a largely similar fate, as of course did the Armenians on their ancient ancestral lands in what is now eastern Turkey, well before Israel was founded.

Then you seem to say that the Palestinians wanted peace and Israel did not, and the chance has passed ( the implication being that Israel will get their comeuppance). This sort of rhetoric really is not helpful to anyone, but I guess living in Turkey a lot of it is down to the hypocritical demonisation of Israel by their media, ignoring similar confrontations they have found themselves in with Greeks, Kurds, Armenians, Jews etc. The land that now constitutes Turkey went from a multiethnic patchwork to one which the Turkish government, through expulsion, forced assimilation and yes unfortunately genocide, succeeded in making nearly wholly Turkish. I think you should look a little closer to home before pointing fingers elsewhere, and ranting about Palestinians, Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans. Who knows, Rowan. You may live in a house that a Greek or Jewish family were kicked out of 100 years ago.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 20:34

4N, I was asked what I thought of the suggestion if Israelis refused to fight they would be wiped out, but if Palestinians refused to fight there would be peace. That is a highly prejudiced theory without any basis in reality. I proceeded to point out that Palestinians and Jews had lived relatively peacefully together before the Zionist occupation of their country. That's how it is relevant. Indeed, we must surmise the violence has come about because of the illegal occupatin of Palestinian territory - ie the creation of Israel on Palestinian land.

Yes, Christian Arabs consituted approximately 10% of the victims of the Nakba. Zionists did not distinguish between Muslim or Christian Arabs when they commenced their campaign of ethnically cleansing Palestinie. Speaking of nonsensical and irrelevant, what have the Armenians got to do with this? I am well aware of their history in Turkey. I have many Turkish Armenian friends, as a matter of fact. I said there have been opportunities for Israel to obtain peace but they have never taken them, choosing instead to attack again on some pretext or another. You say this rhetoric is not helpful, but I think it is very helpful to understand the situation properly, and once again I was only answering the question that was put to me.

I do not disagree with your comments about Turkey and its media. Their condemnations of Israel may be hypocritical, but they are neither false nor misleading propagandists, as much of the corporate-controlled media of America and, to a lesser degree, Britain are. I haven't "ranted" about anyone. I've pointed out there are distinct comparisons between the plight of the Palestinian natives and the plight of disenfranchised native peoples elsewhere. Why does that bother you?

As for my personal circumstances in Turkey, you have no idea what they are, so it's unreasonable for you to be making assumptions about that. Let's remember, this latest round of debate (and it's only a debate) was sparked by my simple observation FIFA had come out and publicly condemned Israel's unprovoked bombing campaign against a civilian population, and that the "sports and politics not mixing" argument (often trotted out to defend sporting ties with SA in the Aprtheid era) flies out the window. IMHO, the IRB should follow FIFA's lead on this one.

Postby 4N » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 21:05

You immediately dismiss Coloradoan's valid points that Mizrachi Jews, who have little connection to Europe, were systematically expelled from Arab and Muslim lands in this century with the vast majority having their assets confiscated. It's an inconvenient fact that those who wish to paint Israelis as colonisers from Poland or Germany or somewhere like to ignore.

Then you jump to a discussion of Christians in Palestine when I was clearly speaking about Christians across the Arab world. The Palestinian Christian population is actually relatively small historically compared to Iraq or Syria/Lebanon. The overwhelming persecution they and other minority groups like Jews have experienced in these countries must be down to the creation of Israel too, I suppose. You can hyper focus on one small patch of land since it suits your argument all you like, but the wider world shows that your claims just don't stack up. The re-awakening of fundamentalist Islam in the 20th century has simply meant that communities who peacefully lived side by side for a thousand years were no longer able to. This includes Jews from Morocco to Iran, irrespective of Israel.

I'm for balance in this discussion and Israel's methods can definitely be questioned. There's no easy solution, though I do think it's fair to say hardline attitudes from the Arab world which have prevented Gaza and the West Bank from having better relations with Egypt and Jordan respectively haven't helped, nor has Jordan's apartheid (to borrow Rowan's scare word) like conditions set upon those refugees in their country who are regarded as Palestinians and not afforded Jordanian citizenship. However to question Israel's right to exist and the reasoning for its founding is entirely more malicious.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 21:20

4N, none of what you have just written bears any logical relation to what I have written about the Israel-Palestine conflict. I haven't even discussed the Mizrachi Jews, and I referred to the Christian Arab victims of the Nakba because we are discussing Palestine, not the wider Middle East. Your views, loaded with undue innuendo, are clearly prejudiced against Muslims, unsurprisingly, so there is no chance of a balanced discussion about Israel and Palestine with someone who has obvious Western prejudices and makes sweeping generalisations about the Middle East.

More than 700 people, mostly civilians, have just been massacred in Palestine at the hands of one of the most powerful armies in the world. This was done without provocation and clearly in violation of international law. That is what we are discussing here; the illegal occupation of Palestine and systematic ethnic cleansing of its native peoples, and whether this warrants a sporting boycott of Israel. FIFA has gone as far as to publicly condemn Israel, while UEFA have cancelled matches there, ostensibly for reasons of security. Is rugby really going to drag its feet again?

Postby 4N » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 22:11

I have no more prejudice against Islam than I do any other religion, Christianity or Judaism included. I'd say I find the suggestion that I dislike Muslims offensive, but let's be honest, when I read all of the hysterical language in your posts It's just your style of debating. It's clear that you struggle when you aren't able to have the conflict painted in such a black and white manner. You don't reply to those who offer different, less hardline viewpoints, so much as restate what you've already said dozens of times.

Postby Beeman » Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 23:36

Rowan, having followed 4N's posts for a while now I can assure you that he's very balanced and intelligent observer. Accusing him of "prejudiced against Muslims" is way off the mark I'm afraid. And he's right, it's not a black and white conflict as you are suggesting, it's arguably one of the most complicated long running conflicts in the world.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 05:04

I see. But accusing me of "ranting" and using "scare" words is fine. Claiming the issue is more complicated than we think is simply dodging the issue. It's not black and white, nothing is, but it is not overly-complicated either. It is the insistence on turning it into a discussion about the Middle East and its wider history which complicates it, and that is undoubtedly the intention.

Well, a brief overview there is that the peoples of the Middle East lived in relative peace together, regardless of nationality, race or religion, within their own domains, until British and French colonialism, the rise of Arab nationalism and the creation of the state of Israel. Why "hyper-focus" on the Armenians when that happened a century ago and bears zero relationship to the issue at hand? How is that relevant to the situation in Palestine today. Why not "hyper-focus" on the Christian America's illegal invasion of Muslim Iraq which has led to, directly or indirectly, over a million deaths and counting (including countless incidents of rape, torture, summary execution, incarceration without trial and other atrocities)? That's just one example of unnecessarily complicating the issue.

Even at school you will have learned that the Zionist movement began in Europe, received the green light under British mandate of Palestine, and that the first great exodus into that land was from Europe following the Holocaust. Most of Israel's early prime ministers were Eastern Europeans by birth, including the terrorists Ben Gurion, Begin and Shamir. Netenyahu was, in fact, the first PM of Israel to have actually been born in Israel. It is not misleading at all to describe Zionism as a movement primarily out of Europe. The demograhics have changed somewhat, of course. European Jews have become less inclined to immigrate to Palestine for reasons of both morality and security (I suspect the former more than the latter, as the popular option of America is statistically much less secure than Israel).

So we have Zionists flocking in from the Middle East and various third world countries. Imagine you were unemployed and down and out and someone came along and offered you a home and land in another part of the world where you would be welcomed and guaranteed a quality lifestyle. Wouldn't you be tempted? Now imagine that offer is made to someone in a non-democratic or third world country. Of course they would take it! & that is how Palestine has been colonized - and the process is continuing (in fact, THE major obstacle to peace, without doubt).

That is also, to a large extent, how America, Australia and New Zealand were colonized during the post-penal colony days. You don't like these comparison, I know, because it demonstrates, quite clearly, the parallel between the Palestinian struggle and the plight of native peoples elsewhere. But what we have ended up with, to some degree, is a people who have arrived in Israel with a chip on their shoulder, and this has undeniably been taken out on the impoverished and downtrodden civilian population of rapidly shrinking Palestine.

Once again, what we are discussing here is that more than 700 people, mostly civilians, have just been massacred in Palestine at the hands of one of the most powerful armies in the world. This was done without provocation and clearly in violation of international law. The illegal occupation of Palestine and systematic ethnic cleansing of its native peoples is the history of this conflict. & the only question being asked is whether or not this warrants a sporting boycott of Israel. FIFA has already joined most of the international community in condemning these outrageous war crimes. Why not rugby?

National Flag:
Pitcairn IslandPitcairn Island

Postby Adamstown 7's » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 10:11

If you can't play nice, then we'll take it off you. I now Pronounce this land, "Palesrael!"

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 15:10

Rowan clearly isn't interested in a discussion, and is more interested in using derogatory language straight from Press TV. Speaking of which, any source for this supposed condemnation from FIFA? The only thing I see is that FIFA has said is this:

"I am very much concerned with this situation in the region. We are heartbroken to learn that people from the football community have been killed. FIFA and I personally deplore this situation and any form of violence," Blatter said.

"We are united in hoping for peace in this region and across the world," the global game`s chief added.

Which is just a condemnation of violence and a hope for peace in general, something I think most reasonable people agree with.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 16:37

Well, connect the dots, please. They condemn the violence, then express sadness for the Palestinian victims. FIFA is a sports organisation which very, very rarely comments on political situations. But it has been compelled to comment on this outrage:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/israel- ... e-conflict
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/so ... /10329271/
Last edited by Rowan on Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 19:32

The Zionist lobby is hugely influential in forming American policy on Israel. The vast majority of the lobby's members are not Jews but Christian fanatics; 70 million of them, who want to turn the clock back 2 millenia to a Biblical time in which Jerusalem was the capital of Israel. The US therefore sends Israel billions of dollars every year in order to develop its military. & the weapons trade is Israel's other major source of income, with Britain among its most important clients.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 20:43

Rowan wrote:70 million of them, who want to turn the clock back 2 millenia to a Biblical time in which Jerusalem was the capital of Israel.

Really? How did you counted them?

later edit: Jerusalem is capital of Israel and Arabic is an official language.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 19:54

Meanwhile, in Irak there is a an exodus going on:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... e-executed

Very few people look to be outraged by these events and I heard no public condemnation of jihadists.

Maybe is time to help Kurds to found their own state, they look much more reasonable than others. Hopefully West won't stay away of this and will help somehow those Iraqi citizens.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 20:17

amz wrote:Meanwhile, in Irak there is a an exodus going on:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... e-executed

Very few people look to be outraged by these events and I heard no public condemnation of jihadists.

Maybe is time to help Kurds to found their own state, they look much more reasonable than others. Hopefully West won't stay away of this and will help somehow those Iraqi citizens.

took me 20 seconds to find these:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014 ... e-Critical
http://eeas.europa.eu/top_stories/2014/ ... fac_en.htm
http://cyberboris.wordpress.com/2014/07 ... ine-video/

FFS, even muslims are issuing public condemnations for those nutters

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 20:18

nothing comparable with hysteria against Israel

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 20:22

amz wrote:nothing comparable with hysteria against Israel

I have no idea what hysteria you're talking about. What states have issued any serious condemnations of Israel actions in Gaza?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 20:53

Two proposed solutions here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=83f_1407357161 :D

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Thu, 07 Aug 2014, 21:54

AMZ, there was a huge amount of hysteria about Iraq when America decided to invade it to regain control of the oil industry (after their former ally Saddam Hussein refused to play ball any longer). Millions of people demonstrated all around the world. The so-called ISIS (acronym of a name the West has given them) Jihadists are simply an extension of that catastrophy, which has already claimed at least a million lives. The group is comprised largely of Sunni refugees driven out of Iraq by that war, into Syria, where they were armed, trained and paid by America's allies to fight against al-Assad's government. Succeeding only in creating a vicious civil war there, claiming hundreds of thousands more lives, they have returned, accompanied by their Syrian brethren, to their homeland to use the arms and training they were given against the Shi'ite majority which drove them out following the illegal Anglo-American invasion in the first place.

So why the focus on Israel now? Sorry that this disgruntles you, but for the same reason the focus was on South Africa a generation ago despite other atrocities all around the world, including the Anglo-American backed genocides in Indonesia. Palestinians exist in a state of Apartheid and oppression, entrapped in a Nazi-like ghetto by gigantic walls, subject to collective punishment, including mass incarceration (including many children), summary execution (including many children) and, as we have seen yet again over the past few weeks, intensive bombing campaigns (wiping out schools, hospitals, refugee camps, places of worship and even a center for the disabled). Meanwhile their colonial masters continue to expand their illegal settlements (even the US accepts the occupation is illegal), while controlling and arbitrarily restricting Palestinian utilities (such as water & electricity) and basic supplies (ie food & medicine). Why on earth would anyone question widespread public outrage over such obvious crimes against humanity?

PreviousNext

Return to Other subjects