Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

market research, I guess

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

market research, I guess

Postby Pockets » Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 17:16

So, I've been toying with the idea of trying to get into doing websites (with associated behind the scenes tools) for sports teams and leagues and figured here would be a good place to ask: what kind of features would most interest you, what admin tasks would you like to automate, which tools would you want it to connect with and the key part: what kind of price would interest you, and what features would you see as being worth extra?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: market research, I guess

Postby iul » Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 17:49

Like pitchero you mean?
See how much they charge and do that.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Pockets » Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 15:42

Yeah, that sort of thing.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 17:38

Well, I've just had a look at pitchero's pricing model ( https://www.pitchero.com/blog/2014/10/2 ... b-packages ) and it appears that they don't charge clubs with fewer than 3 teams anything and they charge clubs with more than 3 teams 6 pounds / month, so I guess that's what you'd be competing against, so, you'd have to get a few hundred clubs to pay you in order for you to make enough to be able to live off of that project. I don't know if you could charge clubs hundreds of pounds to make them a website when they could get one, including hosting, for free or for a few pounds a month.

Return to Other subjects