Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Creating subforums for each continent

Site Admin

Creating subforums for each continent

Postby AdminT2R » Sun, 10 Jan 2016, 22:11

What do you ladies and gents think about having forum categories for each continent? So, instead of having just "Rugby Forum", "Women's Rugby" and "Other subjects" subforums, we'd also have subforums dedicated to "African rugby", "Asian rugby", etc... Perhaps a dedicated subforum for 7s as well. Everything would still be easily accessible on one single page as well via the "Everything" section that's currently in place if you don't like switching from one section to another.

I think I'd have an easier time growing the forum if I could advertise an "African forum" to Africans, a "South American forum" to South Americans, etc.. because I could link straight to that section of the forum where they'd instantly see the topics we have on that continent's rugby rather than a hodgepodge of topics, possibly with no topics covering their continent's rugby on the front page.

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: Creating subforums for each continent

Postby Rowan » Sun, 10 Jan 2016, 22:29

Works for me :thumbup:
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby grande » Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 03:03

I'm personally not a fan of it. It splits things up too much.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 11:57

Agree with Grande
Maybe it would more appetizing for the newcomers interested in discussing the rugby of their continent, but it would result a bit too dispersive for the rest of us.
Just my opinion of course

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 04:38

For me we should go in the opposite direction and merge the "Women's Rugby" with "Rugby Forum". Personaly when I am involved with a topic in the "Rugby Forum" I forget to go back and see what's going on in the "Women's Rugby". Just "Other Subjects" is better to keep apart.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 12:36

victorsra wrote:For me we should go in the opposite direction and merge the "Women's Rugby" with "Rugby Forum". Personaly when I am involved with a topic in the "Rugby Forum" I forget to go back and see what's going on in the "Women's Rugby". Just "Other Subjects" is better to keep apart.

But if you only want to see womens rugby news quickly then you have to sift through dozens of posts to find one, and all who make a new womens rugby posts have to make sure its marked up so it stands out.

The number of mens rugby posts will quickly swamp the womens only ones.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 13 Jan 2016, 14:02

Yes,I understand, but in the other hand if we have a topic like "Sevens World Series/7's News", "South American Rugby" or "Rugby in Africa" or "Rugby in USA", things like this, why we must separate and not talk there about women's rugby?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 17 Jan 2016, 10:55

Agree with Sir PoP. when there wasn't a womens forum, the womens news was getting drowned out particularly because there's less of it. I like how things are now. I don't have a problem going to or not going to continental forums.

Postby armchair_expert » Mon, 18 Jan 2016, 20:50

I'd like to see all dreaming threads and posts like 'My Unique View on how pools for RWC 2035 should be drawn' separated from discussions of actual news and events and moved to a new special subforum

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Tue, 19 Jan 2016, 10:08

armchair_expert wrote:I'd like to see all dreaming threads and posts like 'My Unique View on how pools for RWC 2035 should be drawn' separated from discussions of actual news and events and moved to a new special subforum

Ha, ha, Rowan should have his own subforum!

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby Rowan » Tue, 19 Jan 2016, 10:28

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:
armchair_expert wrote:I'd like to see all dreaming threads and posts like 'My Unique View on how pools for RWC 2035 should be drawn' separated from discussions of actual news and events and moved to a new special subforum

Ha, ha, Rowan should have his own subforum!

:thumbup: Works for me also . . .
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

National Flag:
AlbaniaAlbania

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sun, 14 Feb 2016, 00:41

Quoting this only for its brilliance.

Return to Other subjects