Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

TERRORISM IN KENYA

User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 04 May 2014, 08:26
Location: Nairobi
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Matagaro » Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:26

1 hour ago near Nairobi 
I AM DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH THIS GOD called LORD.

He is my saviour, my PROTECTOR and GUIDES ME ALONG A SAFE PATH...

I was 100 meters away from the bomb blast that just happened in a bus near Homeland Inn on Thika Road, and I was talking with a friend in town which made me board a bus 5mins than how I wanted or planned to _maybe this is what saved me...

All praise, worship, glory and Thanksgiving to The LORD GOD JESUS CHRIST....
Last edited by Matagaro on Tue, 28 Feb 2017, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby iul » Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:30

It's disgusting how some people resort to violence to achieve all sorts of objectives.
Good to hear you are OK.

User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 04 May 2014, 08:26
Location: Nairobi
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Matagaro » Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:32

Thanks... I wanted to say bro but I am not sure of your gender... Hahaha sorry. Your username is so hard to tell...

.

User avatar
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby iul » Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:33

Matagaro wrote:Thanks... I wanted to say bro but I am not sure of your gender... Hahaha sorry. Your username is so hard to tell...

.

I'm a bro :)

User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 04 May 2014, 08:26
Location: Nairobi
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Matagaro » Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:34

Haha good

.

Posts: 100
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 08:14
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Geordiefalcon » Thu, 22 May 2014, 13:24

Its absolutely disgusting...and all in the name of religion???!!!

I hope one day in the not so distant future it all gets sorted and Africa can begin to make the most of the most beautiful amazing place that it is.
Newcastle Falcons Fan....

Adamstown 7s

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Adamstown 7s » Thu, 22 May 2014, 14:41

Hate to say it but I don't think the lord saved him, if anything, "he" has caused this. Glad to hear you're okay though.

Posts: 4294
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2014, 05:50
National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Rowan » Sat, 12 Jul 2014, 17:27

Geordiefalcon wrote:Its absolutely disgusting...and all in the name of religion???!!!



Speaking of which, here's a good documentary about the British in Kenya, though it merely presents the tip of the iceberg. I strongly recommend Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer Prize-winning book 'Britain's Gulag.' :thumbup:

If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

Posts: 4294
Joined: Mon, 26 May 2014, 05:50
National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Rowan » Sat, 19 Jul 2014, 18:38

Just finished that book, and was surprised to learn just how much Jomo Kenyatta had in common with Nelson Mandela. After serving a lengthy prison sentence on questionable charges related to 'terrorism,' he emerged at the end of white rule to become his nation's first leader under majority rule, only to disappoint many of his supporters with his magnanimity toward the white settlers and Britain itself. He did not return any land to the families it had been stolen from, nor demand any kind of reparation. Indeed, rather than seize the land back, the Kenyan government were at pains to assure the white settlers they would be welcome to continue farming there. Many accepted this offer and remain a privileged class even to this today, with their mansions and black house-boys and so on. Many others decided to leave, a good number heading for Apartheid South Africa, where they were welcomed with open arms. The Kenyan government not only agreed to purchase their land from them, but did so at such exorbitant rates that they were required to take out a loan from (irony of ironies) Britain! Meanwhile, anyone suspected of involvement in a Mau Mau revival to drive the settlers off was tried and, if found guilty, imprisoned. The only difference was this time they were not subject to torture, rape, castration and hideous forms of execution, as they had been under white rule. Thus the British were never really held accountable, certainly none of the top brass were every put on trial for the countless crimes against humanity committed in the concentration camps, and from their perspective nothing was learnt.

As much of a fan of Mandela as I am, I would say there are some distinct parallels there. What was this astounding degree of magnanimity based on? Had these great men really become so forgiving during their imprisonment that they would virtually reward their former oppressors in exchange for freedom? Any other option but freedom for their people had become untenable, and thus they fulfilled the wildest dreams of their former oppressors by neither holding them to account nor demanding anything from them. Or were they, perhaps, still to some degree under the control of their former oppressors? Were these the only conditions under which Western powers were going to 'permit' them to have freedom? In both cases the white ruling class had forged strong relationships with major international corporations and these interests had to be safeguarded, for the benefit of all.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, then why not in between?

Posts: 873
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Neptune » Thu, 22 Dec 2016, 09:48

Rowan wrote:Just finished that book, and was surprised to learn just how much Jomo Kenyatta had in common with Nelson Mandela. After serving a lengthy prison sentence on questionable charges related to 'terrorism,' he emerged at the end of white rule to become his nation's first leader under majority rule, only to disappoint many of his supporters with his magnanimity toward the white settlers and Britain itself. He did not return any land to the families it had been stolen from, nor demand any kind of reparation. Indeed, rather than seize the land back, the Kenyan government were at pains to assure the white settlers they would be welcome to continue farming there. Many accepted this offer and remain a privileged class even to this today, with their mansions and black house-boys and so on. Many others decided to leave, a good number heading for Apartheid South Africa, where they were welcomed with open arms. The Kenyan government not only agreed to purchase their land from them, but did so at such exorbitant rates that they were required to take out a loan from (irony of ironies) Britain! Meanwhile, anyone suspected of involvement in a Mau Mau revival to drive the settlers off was tried and, if found guilty, imprisoned. The only difference was this time they were not subject to torture, rape, castration and hideous forms of execution, as they had been under white rule. Thus the British were never really held accountable, certainly none of the top brass were every put on trial for the countless crimes against humanity committed in the concentration camps, and from their perspective nothing was learnt.

As much of a fan of Mandela as I am, I would say there are some distinct parallels there. What was this astounding degree of magnanimity based on? Had these great men really become so forgiving during their imprisonment that they would virtually reward their former oppressors in exchange for freedom? Any other option but freedom for their people had become untenable, and thus they fulfilled the wildest dreams of their former oppressors by neither holding them to account nor demanding anything from them. Or were they, perhaps, still to some degree under the control of their former oppressors? Were these the only conditions under which Western powers were going to 'permit' them to have freedom? In both cases the white ruling class had forged strong relationships with major international corporations and these interests had to be safeguarded, for the benefit of all.


Jomo Kenyatta was a tribalist and a fuckin idiot. Once becoming president, he ammased wealth for himself and his tribesmen. His son is an ICC suspect, but bribed the whole court and killed witnesses to avoid being jailed. #StoryofAfricanDictators

Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 14:11
National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Sables4EVA » Fri, 23 Dec 2016, 17:59

Neptune, Rowan was a member of this forum and left for his own reasons or refuses to comment anymore. He is/was and opinionated and arrogant know-it-all that refused to accept anyone else's side of the story and even tried to tell me what living in Zimbabwe was like when he had never been here and I have been here my whole life.

Posts: 873
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: TERRORISM IN KENYA

Postby Neptune » Sat, 24 Dec 2016, 10:19

Sables4EVA wrote:Neptune, Rowan was a member of this forum and left for his own reasons or refuses to comment anymore. He is/was and opinionated and arrogant know-it-all that refused to accept anyone else's side of the story and even tried to tell me what living in Zimbabwe was like when he had never been here and I have been here my whole life.


Hehehe,

Return to Other subjects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests