9%

Total votes : 43
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Should we let Rowan back in?

Postby Canalina » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:24

AdminT2R wrote:No, Rowan isn't Quentin.

Ehm, are you sure about this? :)

I think it's obvious that rowan was quentin from Fira forum. And I think that the fact that quentin was mod there and that rowan was mod here (or am I wrong? I suspected that sometime but I'm not sure) is a shame possibly for both the forums
Italian rugby news blog: http://www.rugby.it/news/

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:27

Canalina wrote:
AdminT2R wrote:No, Rowan isn't Quentin.

Ehm, are you sure about this? :)

I think it's obvious that rowan was quentin from Fira forum. And I think that the fact that quentin was mod there and that rowan was mod here (or am I wrong? I suspected that sometime but I'm not sure) is a shame possibly for both the forums

Yes, I am certain. Rowan was never a mod here.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:34

Ok, so I was wrong about that.
But are you sure that rowan and quentin were not the same person? They seemed identical to me, and strangely after the dissolution of the Fira forum quentin disappeared and rowan appeared. It's like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde, but here we had two Hydes

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:38

100% sure. For starters Quentin rarely ever posted. And his posting style was completely different. And he was English.

National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Postby Hansgrohe » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:52

I assume you mean that Rowan and FIRA Quentin aren't related? If so -

1. It is some strange coincidence they both had the same name
2. it is some sort of alias/pen-name, akin to Rowan

I have to admit I feel rather uncomfortable discussing this - it almost seems he's doing this on purpose to promote himself, and any of us could be next in line to his flaming.
Last edited by Hansgrohe on Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 22:57

Sorry if I seem stubborn but it appears impossible to me. quentin rarely posted? I remember the opposite, a lot of posts by him. And the above mentioned obsession by this man named quentin for a girl named Rowan seems not a coincidence.
Anyway, doesn't matter. Too much words waisted for that fight-seeker. Probably he is or he will be reading this thread and his self-esteem will be nurtured for some time

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Mon, 08 Feb 2016, 23:51

I was initially ok with letting him back because whilst he was frustrating to talk to on many occasions he didn't seem to be do all that much harm from my perspective, however if the rest of what's being said is even marginally correct, and I confess to not knowing all the details, then perhaps him being banned is not something I'm totally opposed to any longer.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby grande » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 01:39

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 02:37

No that's ex-poster Beeman.

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 08:23

Canalina wrote:Ok, so I was wrong about that.
But are you sure that rowan and quentin were not the same person? They seemed identical to me, and strangely after the dissolution of the Fira forum quentin disappeared and rowan appeared. It's like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde, but here we had two Hydes

But how could that be if the person they tried so hard to keep out was right under their noses as a moderator? it would have been obvious, no? Why would someone come back here and be this very strange (schizo?) person?

AdminT2R wrote:No, Rowan isn't Quentin, the mod from the old FIRA forum. In fact, one of the mods there told me Rowan was single-handedly responsible for the draconian forum registration rules they used to have there because he kept registering over and over again under different aliases via proxy sites after getting banned.

Anyway, how are so many voting to keep him in, and not speaking up to identify themself and say why? This poster is known to use multiple accounts in the past.

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 08:44

Not here. I've been zapping accounts registered via proxies.

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 08:46

Canalina wrote:Sorry if I seem stubborn but it appears impossible to me. quentin rarely posted? I remember the opposite, a lot of posts by him. And the above mentioned obsession by this man named quentin for a girl named Rowan seems not a coincidence.
Anyway, doesn't matter. Too much words waisted for that fight-seeker. Probably he is or he will be reading this thread and his self-esteem will be nurtured for some time

What he posted were match topics, links to game sheets, statistics and other such things most of the time. I always thought he was kind of like a FIRA clerk. He had a completely different posting profile compared to Rowan.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 09:57

Yeah I remember Quentin from FIRA forum, not any resemblance with Rowan.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby paratus » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 10:01

Having been away for a week I'm only just catching up with this. Whatever the history of Rowan all I can say was that he tried to monopolise this forum, had to have an opinion on anything and everything, whether informed or not, and rarely seemed to change his viewpoint even when given the chance to do so gracefully with no loss of face.

Above all he was boring and cluttered the forum with too many posts, I would be very glad to see him leave.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 10:31

My 2 cents:

Knowing something of his behaviour outside this forum I was actually surprised he wasn't worse on here than I feared he would be. The guy did make some valid points but had some large chips on his shoulder that unfortunately came across in his arguments all too often which instead of backing up his arguments only showed he was working to an agenda more often than not and meant several threads got derailed. His inability to acknowledge good points raised by others or concede when he was so obviously wrong on a fact and/or a point and his regular skill at throwing in a stereotype of a certain country that then offended a poster from that country was highly irritating. I'm not sure he was deliberately trolling but probably just posting his world view and stereoptyped cultural and historical beliefs but It certainly lessened my enjoyment of the forum. Despite what he's done outside the forum, I actually don't think he was as personally abusive to other posters as beeman was. However I know I PM'd a warning to him once and I'm sure he's had previous warnings and temporary bans from the admin yet still continued his behaviour so I think it was time he was given the boot. That's a key thing that I think forum members should think about. This is not a first time warning/banning even on this forum. How many YC from the forum can you get before finally you're given a RC? Surely if you've had multiple warnings and temporary bans then a more permanent punishment is in order?

Admin - If I'd known that then why the hell did we let him in??!! :lol:

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 10:36

Though Quentin was still a mod at FIRA/AER when this forum was established for the last couple of years he appeared much more rarely to be active. Seemed a thoroughly reasonable and fair mod though. Although I don't think Poulsen (Rowan) is a Kiwi and I think he is infact originally English himself like the FIRA/AER mod but with a fair bit of self loathing for his mother country, as well as his residential one NZ in the 80s and 90s. I am certain the two are not connected except in name and possibly original nationality. Their persona as admin and others have said is completely different. the mod Quentin at FIRA/AER never ever said anything remotely close to antagonising as Rowan has so often written here and I was on that forum since its early days when he posted much more frequently.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 12:19

I don't know, I was 100% certain they were the same person and when yesterday I read that rowan's real name was quentin I became 1000% certain… If you all are right, it's quite a coincidence. I don't remember anymore the style of quentin's messages, but I remember that he was always on the forum (as was rowan) and some years ago I discovered that someone re-wrote in other forums all my tiny news as "Togo A yesterday defeated Nicaragua B in a friendly match", pretending that the news was given to him by -let's say- Adbul, his friend in Togo; or by Leon, his great friend in Managua. This for every news... I was sure that the author of that weird reposting was quentin, but maybe I was wrong.
After reading your opinions I'm now uncertain, but I still can't totally believe you. Same name, same constant presence on the forum, both were the more massive posters of the respective forum, possible same nationality…

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 12:40

Let's start betting the new name and nationality "Rowan" will use in this forum in the next days? :?
mod: removed personal details
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 12:42

Canalina wrote:I don't know, I was 100% certain they were the same person and when yesterday I read that rowan's real name was quentin I became 1000% certain… If you all are right, it's quite a coincidence. I don't remember anymore the style of quentin's messages, but I remember that he was always on the forum (as was rowan) and some years ago I discovered that someone re-wrote in other forums all my tiny news as "Togo A yesterday defeated Nicaragua B in a friendly match", pretending that the news was given to him by -let's say- Adbul, his friend in Togo; or by Leon, his great friend in Managua. This for every news... I was sure that the author of that weird reposting was quentin, but maybe I was wrong.
After reading your opinions I'm now uncertain, but I still can't totally believe you. Same name, same constant presence on the forum, both were the more massive posters of the respective forum, possible same nationality…

Well that was a trademark of "Rowan" on numerous forums, giving these infos without ever giving a link but instead his imaginary worldwide network of contacts..

"Quentin" is not a common name, but it is not unique to one person either. Perhaps FIRA Quentin was a Tarantino fan 8-)

And "Rowan" claims somewhere that he has some Polynesian ancestry so I think he is certainly from Australia or New Zealand and this seems to come out in the "white guilt" style of posting, constantly looking for racism. http://racistplanetrugby.blogspot.co.uk/

National Flag:
Vatican StateVatican State

Postby josh » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 13:26

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:how are so many voting to keep him in, and not speaking up to identify themself and say why?

I shouldn't have to identify myself. But here's why.
I based it entirely on what I've read from Rowan on this forum. I don't know about the things he is alleged to have done on other forums. Some of them are horrific, but they are nothing like what he's done here and some of the gossipy rumors can't all be true . Also they are so out of keeping with his behaviour here that I wonder if someone who he pissed off was pretending to be him.
Anyway, I don't dispute what people have said about his postings here, but he's also had some insightful posts, provoked lots of interesting discussions and created lots of fun polls. On occasion, the arguments with him can be entertaining. I've never seen him harass someone in a truly nasty way. Overall, I've enjoyed reading his stuff and just tune him out when he gets repetitive and fixated. And he'll often have an interesting and valid comment if its a subject that doesn't involve one of his strong opinions.

But the textbook wiki definition of trolling is someone "who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement." I think he's done that and that was the reason the admin gave for him being booted. So though I might personally prefer for him not to be booted out, I think the admin was well within rights to do so.

Hansgrohe wrote:He defended olivier's (another user who in my opinion is even worse; he once called a user mentally retarded, wasn't reported; seems to just like making provocative statements)

I agree. Olivier's posts are vicious, insulting and almost always heavily prejudiced and stereotyping.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Horsehead » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 13:53

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:

But how could that be if the person they tried so hard to keep out was right under their noses as a moderator? it would have been obvious, no? Why would someone come back here and be this very strange (schizo?) person?

AdminT2R wrote:No, Rowan isn't Quentin, the mod from the old FIRA forum. In fact, one of the mods there told me Rowan was single-handedly responsible for the draconian forum registration rules they used to have there because he kept registering over and over again under different aliases via proxy sites after getting banned.

Anyway, how are so many voting to keep him in, and not speaking up to identify themself and say why? This poster is known to use multiple accounts in the past.

I think a few people voted yes before other revelations came to light. Perhaps the vote should be reset

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 14:19

After all was said here about him, if it is all true, how will he come back if "yes" wins? Will he say "yes, it is all true, but let me stay here"? Or he will become even more anoying denying and denying all with even more intensity?

And if it is not true or partialy not true, he will come back furious with a strong sense of injustice (with reason).

However, if he doesn't care about what was said and wants to keep participating if "no" wins he will forge another nickname, re-start quietly and soon we will start a witch hunt about "is this guy Rowan???".

And let Olivier be the way he is. If you don't like him, just ignore. Let's not start an inquisition here.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Postby Hansgrohe » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 18:42

Rowan hasn't been on in more than a week, unless he's viewing this as a guest or through a sock puppet, so it's likely he's realized his time is done here.

Even if I don't agree with his quasi-political historical revisionist bullshit, that's not reason to ban him. His track record isn't very positive... that's the concern.

In the case "Rowan" re-appears, or some user with an uncanny resemblance, I say let him run his course. It's not worth starting an "inquisition" over a specific person and debating whether said user was the infamous banned person. I've been on forums like this; it's drama that just de-rails from productive threads.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 21:36

Anyone else get a pm from some new guy named HeadGear that's 100% pro Rowan?

HeadGear

Postby HeadGear » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 21:39

This one?

The banning of Rowan was ridiculous. They accused him/her of trolling because he/she debated a lot. Isn't that what forums are for? That's not trolling. Trolling is deliberately winding people up. But there you had Sables boasting on the forum just a couple of month ago that he/she had "wound Rowan up" - no action was taken against Sables. Neither was any action taking against the most insulting members of the forum. In any case, even if you ban someone, that should be enough. You don't follow it up with an orgy of libel, which is what has occurred on this forum, with the moderator fully involved. All these accusations of harrassment and restraining orders are, of course, libellous. They can easily be disproved by googling the names of the individuals involved. For example http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/dominant ... nt-1942361 Does this individual look like a 'harrasser' to you? Coloradoan expressed great contempt for Rowan's criticism of America, Britain and Israel. Herein lies the crux of the matter. America and Britain have invaded many countries, killing millions of people, while Israel is regarded by most of the world today as an Apartheid state with a policy of ethnic cleansing. So Coloradoan, the forum moderator, Sables and various other 'regulars' on this board are undoubtedly a bunch of right-wingers out to attack someone who does not think as they do; apologists for NATO war crimes and Israel's racist politicial system. This is indeed a throwback to the Apartheid era, when South Africa's racism was defended by bullying rednecks like these. You are therefore wasting your time on this forums. I am circling the evidence of just what kind of cowardly behaviour is going on here among national rugby unions and the mainstream press. This forum has no credibility.

PreviousNext

Return to Other subjects