58%
I don't know / care
9%

Total votes : 43
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Should we let Rowan back in?

Postby Horsehead » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 23:19

Buffalo wrote:Anyone else get a pm from some new guy named HeadGear that's 100% pro Rowan?

Yep. I wonder who this could be?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 09 Feb 2016, 23:51

HeadGear wrote:This one?

The banning of Rowan was ridiculous. They accused him/her of trolling because he/she debated a lot. Isn't that what forums are for? That's not trolling. Trolling is deliberately winding people up. But there you had Sables boasting on the forum just a couple of month ago that he/she had "wound Rowan up" - no action was taken against Sables. Neither was any action taking against the most insulting members of the forum. In any case, even if you ban someone, that should be enough. You don't follow it up with an orgy of libel, which is what has occurred on this forum, with the moderator fully involved. All these accusations of harrassment and restraining orders are, of course, libellous. They can easily be disproved by googling the names of the individuals involved. For example http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/dominant ... nt-1942361 Does this individual look like a 'harrasser' to you? Coloradoan expressed great contempt for Rowan's criticism of America, Britain and Israel. Herein lies the crux of the matter. America and Britain have invaded many countries, killing millions of people, while Israel is regarded by most of the world today as an Apartheid state with a policy of ethnic cleansing. So Coloradoan, the forum moderator, Sables and various other 'regulars' on this board are undoubtedly a bunch of right-wingers out to attack someone who does not think as they do; apologists for NATO war crimes and Israel's racist politicial system. This is indeed a throwback to the Apartheid era, when South Africa's racism was defended by bullying rednecks like these. You are therefore wasting your time on this forums. I am circling the evidence of just what kind of cowardly behaviour is going on here among national rugby unions and the mainstream press. This forum has no credibility.

Hahahaha. New account, doesn't need old one anymore. Stays banned, new accounts gets banned for double accounting. End of story until the next arrives.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

HeadGear

Postby HeadGear » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 00:34

I think it's pretty obvious that the people dominating these rugby forums are the same people who operate the sites. That's a bit sad, don't you think?

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 08:38

AdminT2R wrote:No, Rowan isn't Quentin, the mod from the old FIRA forum. In fact, one of the mods there told me Rowan was single-handedly responsible for the draconian forum registration rules they used to have there because he kept registering over and over again under different aliases via proxy sites after getting banned.

Looks like you now have the same problem.

National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Postby Hansgrohe » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 08:42

This ought to be fun.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 09:21

I received the same private message, not gonna answer tough as I don't like his political rants as I found them silly (and I am being as diplomatic as possible). I hope he read this.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 11:06

This is the exact same behavior he displayed back around 2002 and 2003 on Planet Rugby. Calling everyone racist, creating multiple accounts using proxies from random locations claiming to be neutral while supporting himself, making "threats". Sad :(

National Flag:

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 11:32

Coloradoan wrote:This is the exact same behavior he displayed back around 2002 and 2003 on Planet Rugby. Calling everyone racist, creating multiple accounts using proxies from random locations claiming to be neutral while supporting himself, making "threats". Sad :(

It is certainly not just this person or this forum, but I never understand why people who are banned from a forum get so desperate to beat the system and try get back in again repeatedly with specially made new email accounts and so on. Surely there is much more to a happy and normal life than this?

If "Rowan" is so upset about the wrongs of this world there must be more productive ways to helping those in need rather than spamming rugby fora.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 13:53

HeadGear wrote:This one?

The banning of Rowan was ridiculous. They accused him/her of trolling because he/she debated a lot. Isn't that what forums are for? That's not trolling. Trolling is deliberately winding people up. But there you had Sables boasting on the forum just a couple of month ago that he/she had "wound Rowan up" - no action was taken against Sables. Neither was any action taking against the most insulting members of the forum. In any case, even if you ban someone, that should be enough. You don't follow it up with an orgy of libel, which is what has occurred on this forum, with the moderator fully involved. All these accusations of harrassment and restraining orders are, of course, libellous. They can easily be disproved by googling the names of the individuals involved. For example http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/dominant ... nt-1942361 Does this individual look like a 'harrasser' to you? Coloradoan expressed great contempt for Rowan's criticism of America, Britain and Israel. Herein lies the crux of the matter. America and Britain have invaded many countries, killing millions of people, while Israel is regarded by most of the world today as an Apartheid state with a policy of ethnic cleansing. So Coloradoan, the forum moderator, Sables and various other 'regulars' on this board are undoubtedly a bunch of right-wingers out to attack someone who does not think as they do; apologists for NATO war crimes and Israel's racist politicial system. This is indeed a throwback to the Apartheid era, when South Africa's racism was defended by bullying rednecks like these. You are therefore wasting your time on this forums. I am circling the evidence of just what kind of cowardly behaviour is going on here among national rugby unions and the mainstream press. This forum has no credibility.

Headgear/Rowan/Whoever you think you are:

This thread was raised to answer peoples questions on why someone who has done nothing except cause problems by undermine interesting threads, attack people for no reason, clutter up this forum with self serving trash and deliberately be divisive for his own pleasure. What I did when I "wound him up" was prove this beyond a doubt, I basically gave him/you a taste of his own medicine in fact I was given a stern warning by the admin for the last incident but I wasn't banned because I am reasonable human being.

As per your statement that America and Britain have murdered "millions" of people. The Germans killed millions (of Israelis, which is why they are the way they are) during WW2, the Mongols apparently murdered even more, the Japanese have a history too, the Zulus wiped out entire communities on a regular basis, the Spanish destroyed much of South American culture, the Ottomans did their own dirty deeds too, and these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Everyone has a history of attrocities, all we are doing by focussing on the past is doing noone any good. Forgive, but learn from past mistakes. Holding a grudge does nothing to improve this world.

An then you call me a right winger, a apartheid throwback, a bullying redneck and finally a coward. A very sad and low level thing to do and I realise that all this I have typed is a waste of time but I haven't got the energy to erase it. If you are not Rowan you certainly are of his ilk and don't deserve to be on here either.

National Flag:

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 14:25

I think there's more than ample reason now to maintain the ban, keep a stern lookout for attempts to register new pseudos by this person and just delete this thread now as it just gives him the "oxygen of publicity" to make him feel important and a "martyr".

And I say that as someone regularly accused of being a old fashioned leftie!

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 15:12

100% agree.

Does anyone notice how much better the conversations have been since he has gone. Don't need anymore proof than that.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Horsehead » Wed, 10 Feb 2016, 16:06

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:I think there's more than ample reason now to maintain the ban, keep a stern lookout for attempts to register new pseudos by this person and just delete this thread now as it just gives him the "oxygen of publicity" to make him feel important and a "martyr".

And I say that as someone regularly accused of being a old fashioned leftie!

totally agree!

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby Torquemada 1420 » Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 12:46

Folks, I haven't seen the offending thread(s) submitted by your poster "Rowan" but advise caution here.

- was a notorious poster on the Planet Rugby forum. He started out apparently sane (as sane as anyone talking to a PC monitor can be I guess) before he disintegrated into the unhinged, with multiple logins and various fixations including one over Rowan Quinn. The real Rowan Quinn is the daughter of well know NZ pundit Keith
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Qui ... dcaster%29

Some serious detective work from some of the Antipodean posters on Planet Rugby alleged that - had worked with Ms Quinn at a local newspaper. Their contention was that some incident of a serious enough nature occurred such that - received a court order preventing him from being in any proximity to Ms Quinn.

The last known location of - was Turkey so I guess you could do an IP lookup although AFAIK he had spent enough time learning to spoof IPs: I said he was mad, not stupid.

Good luck.

Mod: removed personal details

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 18:33

I have just said "Let's not start an inquisition here". And who appears? Torquemada! I am afraid now.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_Y4MbUCLY
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 19:35

And so it begins...

Our newest member Rowie Quinn

Rowie Quinn 1
Argentina
Joined Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 19:21

Maybe this a joke imposter?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 19:41

now we woke up the monster

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Mon, 15 Feb 2016, 10:15

Coloradoan wrote:No that's ex-poster Beeman.

Why did Beeman dissapear? is he tryman now?

National Flag:
MexicoMexico

Postby Hansgrohe » Mon, 15 Feb 2016, 23:08

Beeman disappeared because of personal attacks.

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 06:58

That is ridiculous, we need him back. He initiated good discussions.

National Flag:

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 08:18

lelopride wrote:That is ridiculous, we need him back. He initiated good discussions.

Beeman? Yes although he could be very abrasive.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 11:08

lelopride wrote:That is ridiculous, we need him back. He initiated good discussions.

He was biased towards Kiwi coaches and when the results contradicted his theories he used to become rude. I don't personally have anything against him and I don't think he's banned, probably he left by his own choice.

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 12:12

Beeman kept abusing a bunch of other users and he got warned a bunch of times and then eventually banned for a week for it. That was sometime late 2014. He then stopped posting because he wanted to. He is not banned. It'd be nice to have him back but not at the cost of the forum being turned into a cesspit of abuse.

Postby 4N » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 19:09

I'm sure Beeman had a few run-ins with other posters he may have felt weren't very well-informed, but as far as I recall, he only ever 'attacked' Rowan and an Irish poster called dropkick.

You might say he's now been vindicated on the Rowan issue. For those of us who knew Rowan's backstory, it was obvious that his posting here was only going to end one way. He has a 15+ year track record.

Site Admin

Postby AdminT2R » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 21:55

He hounded off dragos03 with a flurry of insults. IIRC I also had to delete an insulting comment addressed to one of the very innocuous posters. I think it was Silver Fox. Anyway, getting banned for a week is not THAT big of a deal.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 23:18

For the record, he's also why I stopped posting for a long time/didn't register or post here for some while*.

He was representative of the swing on the old forum from 'enthusiasts' and those actually involved in Tier 2 and 3 rugby to 'fans'. Nothing wrong in that switch at all, and there was genuine passion for T2, but there was a nastiness there and also a Rowan-esque willful ignorance of some things which quickly became attacks when countered.

Much of his early work on his blog reflected this style, but it has become very, very, very, very much improved since. (I'm a fan!)
Would be good to see him back here. Shows some people can rehabilitate and develop, while others...

(* Just to be clear, I don't remember any direct personal run-ins, but the stuff with some posters was not the rugby world I know)
Last edited by Zhenya_Zima on Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Other subjects