BrazilBrazil

2019 Hong Kong Sevens

Postby victorsra » Tue, 12 Mar 2019, 02:00

Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: 2019 Hong Kong Sevens

Postby rey200 » Tue, 12 Mar 2019, 08:13

would be too much to ask that federations with 2 starters don't go into the same group?
Ceterum censeo Sex Nationes esse augendas.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby NedRugby » Tue, 12 Mar 2019, 14:20

Yes, I noticed that too. Both African teams in pool B, both South Americans in Pool C. It's not unusual for draws to be rigged to avoid this kind of thing.

I think Japan would probably be favourites, with Brazil also having a fair chance. From my own point of view I'd like to see a European team through. Belgium did really well last time, but I'm not sure they can sustain that level.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Tue, 12 Mar 2019, 20:03

NedRugby wrote:Yes, I noticed that too. Both African teams in pool B, both South Americans in Pool C. It's not unusual for draws to be rigged to avoid this kind of thing.

I think Japan would probably be favourites, with Brazil also having a fair chance. From my own point of view I'd like to see a European team through. Belgium did really well last time, but I'm not sure they can sustain that level.

Kenya were very narrowly defeated in the semi-finals last year, so may be a threat - but very hard to see beyond Japan, who are stronger than China if recent results are accurate.

Heaven knows what would happen to Scotland if they won it as they really do not have the base to play World Series and Six Nations at the same time.

Return to Women's Rugby