Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Womens 7's rugby - general news

Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 22:37

Colombia has been training in Spain for the past few days, if I'm not mistaken they played both against Spain and Castilla La Mancha sides.

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:04

rey200 wrote:there will be an international 7s tournament in Bonn, organized by BTHV, who only have a youth setup until now. I think an extremely dedicated Argentinian runs the club.

Image


I cannot see anyone beating Belgium in this competition, watched them in Hong Kong they are probably the most well coached team at the Hong Kong 7's, they are extremely good at support play, China were just too strong in Hong Kong and used straight running to get through Belgium. There will be two referees from Hong Kong 7's at the this tournament as well, should be a good games.

User avatar
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Canalina » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 12:34

Bonn fixtures. It's a pity there's not Italy

Saturday, April 21
11:00 Match 1 Germany Finland
11:22 Match 2 Netherlands Sweden
11:44 Match 3 Belgium Czech Republic
12:20 Match 4 Germany Netherlands
12:42 Match 5 Austria Czech Republic
13:04 Match 6 Belgium Sweden
13:40 Match 7 Germany Sweden
14:02 Match 8 Finland Austria
14:24 Match 9 Netherlands Belgium
Lunch break
16:00 Match 10 Belgium Austria
16:22 Match 11 Netherlands Czech Republic
16:44 Match 12 Sweden Finland
17:06 Match 13 Germany Austria
17:28 Match 14 Finland Czech Republic

Sunday, April 22
10:00 Match 15 Germany Czech Republic
10:20 Match 16 Belgium Finland
10:40 Match 17 Sweden Austria
11:20 Match 18 Germany Belgium
11:40 Match 19 Sweden Czech Republic
12:20 Quarter final QF1 Seed 3 Seed 6
12:40 Quarter final QF2 Seed 4 Seed 5
13:20 Semi final SF1 Quarter final winner QF1 Seed 1
13:40 Semi final SF2 Quarter final winner QF2 Seed 2
14:00 5th / 6th Place Quarter final loser QF1 Quarter final loser QF2
14:20 3rd / 4th Place Semi final loser SF1 Semi final loser SF2
14:40 Final Semi final winner SF1 Semi final winner SF2

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 09:44

DO you think they will stream the Bonn 7's.

Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 12:03
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Werner » Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 09:49

rugbyslave wrote:DO you think they will stream the Bonn 7's.
There will be no streaming.

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 12:30

Werner wrote:
rugbyslave wrote:DO you think they will stream the Bonn 7's.
There will be no streaming.


Will they be have any form of video at the games that could be uploaded to youtube later.

Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 12:03
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Werner » Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 14:07

rugbyslave wrote:
Werner wrote:
rugbyslave wrote:DO you think they will stream the Bonn 7's.
There will be no streaming.
Will they be have any form of video at the games that could be uploaded to youtube later.
Videos of the games will be available for the referees on site. Whether they will be uploaded to a public accessible channel after the tournament I do not know.

Posts: 286
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby johnbirch » Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 15:35

Canalina wrote:Bonn fixtures. It's a pity there's not Italy

Saturday, April 21
11:00 Match 1 Germany Finland
11:22 Match 2 Netherlands Sweden
11:44 Match 3 Belgium Czech Republic
12:20 Match 4 Germany Netherlands
12:42 Match 5 Austria Czech Republic
13:04 Match 6 Belgium Sweden
13:40 Match 7 Germany Sweden
14:02 Match 8 Finland Austria
14:24 Match 9 Netherlands Belgium
Lunch break
16:00 Match 10 Belgium Austria
16:22 Match 11 Netherlands Czech Republic
16:44 Match 12 Sweden Finland
17:06 Match 13 Germany Austria
17:28 Match 14 Finland Czech Republic

Sunday, April 22
10:00 Match 15 Germany Czech Republic
10:20 Match 16 Belgium Finland
10:40 Match 17 Sweden Austria
11:20 Match 18 Germany Belgium
11:40 Match 19 Sweden Czech Republic
12:20 Quarter final QF1 Seed 3 Seed 6
12:40 Quarter final QF2 Seed 4 Seed 5
13:20 Semi final SF1 Quarter final winner QF1 Seed 1
13:40 Semi final SF2 Quarter final winner QF2 Seed 2
14:00 5th / 6th Place Quarter final loser QF1 Quarter final loser QF2
14:20 3rd / 4th Place Semi final loser SF1 Semi final loser SF2
14:40 Final Semi final winner SF1 Semi final winner SF2

In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria

Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 12:03
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Werner » Sat, 21 Apr 2018, 11:10

johnbirch wrote:In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria
Netherlands will only play on Saturday. On Sunday the players are involved in the domestic XV competition.

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Sat, 21 Apr 2018, 18:35

Any scores from the Bonn 7's.

Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 12:03
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Werner » Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 04:24

rugbyslave wrote:Any scores from the Bonn 7's.
http://www.rugby-bonn.de/en/bonn7s-2018-fixture

Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 01 May 2016, 19:08
National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby wironline » Sun, 22 Apr 2018, 07:35

Werner wrote:
johnbirch wrote:In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria
Netherlands will only play on Saturday. On Sunday the players are involved in the domestic XV competition.


Really! :/

User avatar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Mon, 23 Apr 2018, 07:05

Reminder ( was posted on previous page )

Image

Posts: 286
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby johnbirch » Tue, 24 Apr 2018, 19:24

With the help of the brilliant data mcruic has published on his site, plus all the pre-2010 data I am others put onto Wikipedia a few years ago. I've put together a sevens equivalent of the test match spreadsheet I put on here a year or so ago.

See https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aj-VCZQXZXblkIsZDRHkQnQMejZXxw

I've removed all matches involving invitation or "A" or age groups teams etc - with the exception of the two unofficial New Zealand teams that used to go to the HK Sevens, and the GB "B" team from the pre-Olympic Euros. To be honest I am not sure whether they should stay in...

The aim was - as with the test list - to be able to quickly come up with complete data on head-to-heads and the like that are not limited to just one tournament, as well as answering questions like what the biggest wins have been, etc. etc.

Comments appreciated - like should the unofficial NZ Hk7s team being included, and if so separately or combined with the "official" Ferns?

What it does show a remarkable 133 national teams have played sevens (plus three more after tomorrow).

Posts: 1386
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 22:26
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby grande » Tue, 24 Apr 2018, 20:08

Awesome stuff, johnbirch! I've got a script on my computer that can create an Elo ranking from a CSV. I dropped yours into there and, with a little fooling around, came out with this:

1. New Zealand (1972.6)
2. Australia (1854.5)
3. Canada (1678.4)
4. Russia (1614.6)
5. France (1567.9)
6. United States (1483.4)
7. Fiji (1463.5)
8. Ireland (1440.1)
9. England (1434.0)
10. Spain (1369.1)
11. Great Britain (1356.6)
12. China (1293.9)
13. Brazil (1290.0)
14. Japan (1259.6)
15. Scotland (1238.9)
16. South Africa (1231.4)
17. Great Britain 'B' (1225.8)
18. Kenya (1210.0)
19. Wales (1171.2)
20. Kazakhstan (1150.2)
21. Belgium (1148.3)
22. Netherlands (1143.3)
23. Germany (1136.2)
24. Ukraine (1088.6)
25. Argentina (1084.9)
26. Poland (1071.2)
27. Colombia (1068.3)
28. Sweden (1067.7)
29. Italy (1054.5)
30. Hong Kong (1052.2)
31. Cook Islands (1038.4)
32. Portugal (1036.9)
33. Jamaica (1034.7)
34. Tunisia (1029.4)
35. Guyana (1017.4)
36. Czechia (1016.1)
37. Samoa (997.7)
38. French Guiana (996.4)
39. Madagascar (995.0)
40. Saint Lucia (989.7)
41. Hungary (989.1)
42. Papua New Guinea (987.0)
43. Trinidad & Tobago (979.6)
44. Thailand (978.3)
45. Mexico (977.8)
46. Botswana (966.0)
47. Uganda (965.5)
48. Romania (959.6)
49. Cayman Islands (955.0)
50. Barbados (946.3)
51. Niue (943.2)
52. Zambia (943.1)
53. Guatemala (942.4)
54. Georgia (940.9)
55. Norway (925.5)
56. Paraguay (924.2)
57. Switzerland (921.3)
58. Dominican Republic (918.2)
59. Croatia (910.6)
60. Moldova (907.8)
61. Bahamas (906.2)
62. Solomon Islands (906.0)
63. Zimbabwe (904.0)
64. Finland (893.0)
65. New Caledonia (892.7)
66. Venezuela (887.7)
67. Chinese Taipei (887.5)
68. Bermuda (881.6)
69. Peru (876.2)
70. Turkey (874.8)
71. Latvia (871.4)
72. Slovakia (852.2)
73. Turks & Caicos Islands (848.5)
74. Israel (833.8)
75. Morocco (827.7)
76. Denmark (824.8)
77. Andorra (823.7)
78. Namibia (821.0)
79. Austria (818.7)
80. Costa Rica (810.0)
81. Senegal (807.9)
82. Uruguay (801.5)
83. Sri Lanka (793.2)
84. Malta (788.5)
85. United Arab Emirates (788.1)
86. Bulgaria (787.3)
87. Chile (770.2)
88. Panama (764.5)
89. Nicaragua (758.3)
90. Singapore (755.9)
91. Luxembourg (755.4)
92. Kyrgyzstan (750.1)
93. Arabian Gulf (748.4)
94. Tonga (741.9)
95. Tahiti (720.9)
96. Taiwan (717.9)
97. Montenegro (707.8)
98. El Salvador (702.8)
99. Guam (701.4)
100. Lithuania (693.2)
101. Cambodia (687.5)
102. Slovenia (672.6)
103. Serbia (648.9)
104. Iran (642.5)
105. South Korea (627.8)
106. India (607.4)
107. Philippines (590.9)
108. Uzbekistan (583.0)
109. Malaysia (578.5)
110. Bosnia-Herzegovina (555.9)
111. Pakistan (532.4)
112. Nepal (478.7)
113. Laos (434.4)
114. Indonesia (428.9)

(Please note that this has all the various New Zealand teams merged into one, however I kept Great Britain B as a separate team)

User avatar
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Canalina » Tue, 24 Apr 2018, 20:41

Superb enormous work, Johnbirch! And thanks Grande too

I'm already extracting the Italy's matches

User avatar
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Canalina » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 05:33

I don't know if there was a quicker way (I'm not an excel expert) but I extracted piece by piece the Italy's head-to-head records
Numbers indicate matches played and wins-losses. Italy never played with USA, Canada, Australia, Fiji...

Image
Last edited by Canalina on Thu, 26 Apr 2018, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 286
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby johnbirch » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 08:58

Canalina wrote:I don't know if there was a quicker way (I'm not an excel expert)

I'm sure there is a way of doing head to heads... I'll think about it.

User avatar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 09:45

The two Lebanese squads for the West Asia Women’s 7s, starting today

Phoenix Red

1. Hannah Al Khaldi
2. Nicole Nasrallah
3. Kay Badawi
4. Nayla Saniour
5. Sarah Assaf
6. Zina Ibrahim (Captain)
7. Rania Abdallah (Vice Captain)
8. Sara Aouad
9. Valeria Hillany
10. Joelle Gharios
11. Hind El Gharib
12. Mireille Khater

Phoenix Green

1. Reem Dahduli (Captain)
2. Reem Bahsoun
3. Nada Mufarrij (Vice Captain)
4. Yara Boumater
5. Alaa Saadeh
6. Zahra Abdallah
7. Seema Halabi
8. Isabelle Fayad
9. Marie-Jose Gharios
10. Darine Shalita
11. Carla Badawi
12. Zahra Dakhlallah

User avatar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 17:25

I think we can assume Lebanon Red is the A team...

Match 1: Lebanon Red v Qatar. 5 - 15
Match 2: Syria v Lebanon Green. 5 - 5
Match 3: Lebanon Green v Lebanon Red. 0 - 25
Match 4: Syria v Qatar. 7 - 17
Match 5: Lebanon Green v Qatar. 0 - 29
Match 6: Lebanon Red v Syria. 22 - 0

Tomorrow

Semi - final 1: Lebanon Red v Lebanon Green
Semi - final 2: Qatar v Syria

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 18:35

wironline wrote:
Werner wrote:
johnbirch wrote:In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria
Netherlands will only play on Saturday. On Sunday the players are involved in the domestic XV competition.


Really! :/


I watched the Netherlands vs Belgium at the Bonn 7's, It was a really good game, excellent play from both side never say die attitude.
I was impressed by both sides play. Great game.

Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 12:03
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Werner » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 18:40

rugbyslave wrote:
wironline wrote:
Werner wrote:
johnbirch wrote:In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria
Netherlands will only play on Saturday. On Sunday the players are involved in the domestic XV competition.


Really! :/


I watched the Netherlands vs Belgium at the Bonn 7's, It was a really good game, excellent play from both side never say die attitude.
I was impressed by both sides play. Great game.
Do you have a link to the match?

Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2018, 05:00
National Flag:
South AfricaSouth Africa

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby rugbyslave » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 19:05

Werner wrote:
rugbyslave wrote:
wironline wrote:
Werner wrote:
johnbirch wrote:In the pool stages Netherlands seem to be missing two games - against Finland and Austria
Netherlands will only play on Saturday. On Sunday the players are involved in the domestic XV competition.


Really! :/


I watched the Netherlands vs Belgium at the Bonn 7's, It was a really good game, excellent play from both side never say die attitude.
I was impressed by both sides play. Great game.
Do you have a link to the match?


I have them on a stick, Thank you.

User avatar
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Canalina » Thu, 26 Apr 2018, 07:24

The first Syria national team

Image

User avatar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: Womens 7's rugby - general news

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Thu, 26 Apr 2018, 16:10

West Asia Women’s 7s

Semi - Final 1: Lebanon Red 30 - 0 Lebanon Green

Semi - Final 2: Qatar 29 - 5 Syria


Plate Final: Syria 17 - 12 Lebanon Green

Cup Final: Qatar 10 - 7 Lebanon Red

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest