Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Sun, 10 Sep 2017, 19:36

Germany def Switzerland 29-0, according to ScrumQueens

Also the Czech Republic federation is gathering its XV players (all those interested) for a stage. Anyway they don't seem aiming to take part at the "Four Nations".

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 10 Sep 2017, 19:55

To be honest, nobody is taking part in the Four Nations yet. It has only appeared in Spanish documents and only Spanish staff members have talked about it. Without rivals there is no tournament. Germany Women Facebook page shared Scrumqueens article about it, but that's far from a confirmation.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 11 Sep 2017, 10:30

Uh, I didn't suspect that, I thought they already knew the name of the opponents. Maybe a Four Nations like that hypothesized by the spanish federation is too ambitious, maybe they could opt for a more economic one-week tournament in one only venue (even just semifinals and finals), at least for the first year

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 11 Sep 2017, 20:02

New test match: Italy v France, sunday november 19 in Biella (north-west of Italy)

It's a needed test for the italian team after the farewell of several core players

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Tue, 12 Sep 2017, 13:29

Canalina wrote:Uh, I didn't suspect that, I thought they already knew the name of the opponents. Maybe a Four Nations like that hypothesized by the spanish federation is too ambitious, maybe they could opt for a more economic one-week tournament in one only venue (even just semifinals and finals), at least for the first year

You'd think that the RFU, FFR etc. would step in and enter "A" teams - it would be a great way to blood new, young, players especially with club rugby having closed down.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 12 Sep 2017, 23:33

Canalina wrote:New test match: Italy v France, sunday november 19 in Biella (north-west of Italy)

It's a needed test for the italian team after the farewell of several core players

But since you'll play France in the 6N shouldn't you get a test with someone else?

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 13 Sep 2017, 06:54

The only "someone else" I can think is Spain, but Italy and Spain played together two times in the World Cup

The other not-6N european teams are frankly too weak, currently, to be an efficacious sparring partner and hosting a non european team probably would have been too onerous
France is a neighbor nation and Biella, the city venue, is not far from the border

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 13 Sep 2017, 16:46

Nice first-day-of-work photo for the new italian championship. They confirmed that the teams are 20 (it's a record) so five captains are missing in the photo

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Thu, 14 Sep 2017, 08:30

Canalina wrote:Nice first-day-of-work photo for the new italian championship. They confirmed that the teams are 20 (it's a record) so five captains are missing in the photo

Who are the contenders for the title?

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 14 Sep 2017, 09:54

I think Valsugana (city of Padova, the captain is the player in white and blue with the glasses in the left-up corner), Monza (a town close to Milan, represented by the girl in red and white in the middle of the photo) and Colorno (near Parma, the blond player with red shirt and red shoes). At least basing on last years results

Previous

Return to Women's Rugby