Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Posts: 215
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby johnbirch » Fri, 14 Jul 2017, 07:55

grande wrote:
johnbirch wrote:I hear that there is a review of the status of Canadian women's tests being undertaken. All Wikipedia games looks like being accepted EXCEPT the two games in 2007 v USA in Blaine, Minnesota.


Interesting. Do you know what sparked that? And why those games are on the chopping block?

Canada doing a (long overdue) review of women's caps. Apparently the games were "scrimmages" (training games) - I do remember at the time the games seemed questionable after the US selected almost completely different teams for each game.

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Tue, 18 Jul 2017, 13:16

Zimbabwe v Botswana this week, according to http://www.sareferees.com/News/referees ... 7/2830927/

Curtain raiser of the men's Africa Cup match, maybe; both the games are in Bulawayo

Posts: 224
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 10:50
National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Tue, 18 Jul 2017, 22:05

Canalina wrote:Zimbabwe v Botswana this week, according to http://www.sareferees.com/News/referees ... 7/2830927/

Curtain raiser of the men's Africa Cup match, maybe; both the games are in Bulawayo


Yes, it is a curtain raiser to the Zimbabwe-Kenya men's match

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Wed, 19 Jul 2017, 06:15

It would be nice if World Rugby was aware of this game, and decided to add Zim and Bsw to the ranking increasing it from 49 to 51 nations
http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings/wru

Posts: 215
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby johnbirch » Wed, 19 Jul 2017, 17:59

WR haven't recognised the Zimbabwe v Zambia test yet - despite both sides clearly saying it was a test, and both being members of WR.

Far be it for me to suggest its because the matches are in Africa... though TBH Rugby Afrique may not be entirely blameless.

Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 15:38

RFU to Cut Women's XVs Contracts:

https://youtu.be/C7ONgQTrNxg

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Thu, 20 Jul 2017, 20:48

RAN 10s tournament live on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEJ-jv0evlU

Thursday
Usa South v T&Tobago 17-7
Mexico v Jamaica 14-7
T&Tobago v Mexico 20-7
Usa South v Jamaica 17-7

Friday
T&Tobago v Jamaica 10-5
Usa South v Mexico suspended due to rain on 5-7. Apparently the partial score has been considered definitive

Finals
Mex v Jam 5-12
Usa v T&T 0-15

Final ranking
1 Trinidad & Tobago
2 Usa South
3 Jamaica
4 Mexico
Last edited by Canalina on Sat, 22 Jul 2017, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Fri, 21 Jul 2017, 21:11

johnbirch wrote:WR haven't recognised the Zimbabwe v Zambia test yet - despite both sides clearly saying it was a test, and both being members of WR.

Far be it for me to suggest its because the matches are in Africa... though TBH Rugby Afrique may not be entirely blameless.

This time World Rugby is aware of the Zimbabwe v Botswana duel, see the upper belt on http://www.worldrugby.org/

Maybe next monday we will see the ranked nations improving to 51

Posts: 1377
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 15:03

For the first time a Women's Iberian Cup will take place next November in Madrid, between Portuguese 7s champions Sporting and Olímpico de Pozuelo:
https://www.publico.pt/2017/07/21/despo ... bi-1779943

In September Sporting has also planned a game against CRAT.

Posts: 62
Joined: Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 09:38
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby stuartdm » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 18:25

TheStroBro wrote:RFU to Cut Women's XVs Contracts:

https://youtu.be/C7ONgQTrNxg


2 weeks before the World Cup they are telling at least half the squad they are being made redundant - brilliant planning!

Posts: 2502
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 18:37

Zimbabwe 10-05 Botswana
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 224
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 10:50
National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 10:25

victorsra wrote:Zimbabwe 10-05 Botswana


Try scorers: Rachel Tembo, Ruvimbo Musere (Zimbabwe) and Kelebogile Bakwasi (Botswana).

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 15:11

World Rugby recorded the match but didn't insert Zimbabwe and Botswana in the ranking
http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings/wru

They still have to insert Ghana in the men's ranking, despite the promotion as effective member dates some months ago

Posts: 538
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:40
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Thomas » Tue, 25 Jul 2017, 08:32

Women's Rugby are been shafted yet again, Nigel Melville never had that much interest in Women's Rugby.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... th-womens/
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... -world-cup

All for Seven's program? I really find that hard to believe.

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Tue, 25 Jul 2017, 16:51

Scrumqueens noticed that Zimbabwe and Botswana, as well as Namibia (for some reason), have been admitted today in the world ranking, starting with 40.00 points. Taken from an other thread, this is the history of the nations entering in the ranking with their starting points

1987: France, England, Wales, Italy, Usa, Canada 80.00
1988: Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium 78.00
1989: Spain, Germany 76.00
1990: New Zealand, Soviet Union 74.00
1991: Japan 72.00
1992: -
1993: Scotland, Ireland 68.00
1994: Russia (substitutes USSR), Australia 66.00
1995: Portugal 64.00
1996: -
1997: -
1998: Hong Kong, Kazakhstan 58.00
1999: -
2000: Samoa 54.00
2001: -
2002: -
2003: Denmark, Norway, Jamaica, T&Tobago 48.00
2004: South Africa, Cayman 46.00
2005: Thailand, Bosnia Erzegovina 44.00
2006: China, Uganda, Fiji, Guyana, Singapore, Tonga, Kenya 42.00
2007: Serbia, Luxembourg, Finland, Romania 40.00
2008: Uzbekistan, Brazil 38.00
2009: Barbados, SV&Grenadines 36.00
2010: Bahamas 34.00
2011: Switzerland 32.00
2012: Philippines 30.00
2013: Czech Republic 30.00
2014: -
2015: -
2016: Papua New Guinea 40.00
2017: Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia 40.00

Posts: 215
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 08:10
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby johnbirch » Sun, 30 Jul 2017, 12:41

Canalina wrote:Scrumqueens noticed that Zimbabwe and Botswana, as well as Namibia (for some reason), have been admitted today in the world ranking, starting with 40.00 points. Taken from an other thread, this is the history of the nations entering in the ranking with their starting points

Namibia clearly a mistake - their men's team was playing. Will be interesting to see how long it takes World Rugby to correct the error.

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Mon, 31 Jul 2017, 09:10

johnbirch wrote:
Canalina wrote:Scrumqueens noticed that Zimbabwe and Botswana, as well as Namibia (for some reason), have been admitted today in the world ranking, starting with 40.00 points. Taken from an other thread, this is the history of the nations entering in the ranking with their starting points

Namibia clearly a mistake - their men's team was playing. Will be interesting to see how long it takes World Rugby to correct the error.

I'm not sure about that. Namibia remained at 40.00 points, so they didn't calculate any match for this nation (while Zimbabwe and Botswana gained and lost some decimals). I suspect it could be just a "political" move. Like, "Namibia played some women's matches in the past, we are going to insert in the ranking Zimbabwe and Botswana so why don't insert also their neighbor Namibia?"

Posts: 778
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Neptune » Tue, 01 Aug 2017, 05:08

Canalina wrote:
johnbirch wrote:
Canalina wrote:Scrumqueens noticed that Zimbabwe and Botswana, as well as Namibia (for some reason), have been admitted today in the world ranking, starting with 40.00 points. Taken from an other thread, this is the history of the nations entering in the ranking with their starting points

Namibia clearly a mistake - their men's team was playing. Will be interesting to see how long it takes World Rugby to correct the error.

I'm not sure about that. Namibia remained at 40.00 points, so they didn't calculate any match for this nation (while Zimbabwe and Botswana gained and lost some decimals). I suspect it could be just a "political" move. Like, "Namibia played some women's matches in the past, we are going to insert in the ranking Zimbabwe and Botswana so why don't insert also their neighbor Namibia?"


:lol: :lol: Namibia, Namibia Namibia......

User avatar
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: Womens XVs Rugby - Global news & Developments

Postby Canalina » Sun, 20 Aug 2017, 07:19

Balance of Italy's test matches history: 135 games against northern hemisphere teams, 1 against southern hemisphere
https://www.facebook.com/16370306898725 ... =3&theater

Previous

Return to Women's Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest