Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

2021 Womens Rugby World Cup

National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Re: 2021 Womens Rugby World Cup

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Thu, 08 Aug 2019, 08:24

Canalina wrote:Some chance of live stream? Maybe south african federation facebook/youtube?

EDIT: I answer to myself... it will be live on Rugby Afrique and Rugby Afrique Women facebook pages

...or here https://livestream.com/baruchmedia/WomensRugby

Fixtures and times

Fixtures

9 August, 2019
2.00pm (Ugandan time): Madagascar vs Kenya
4.00pm (Ugandan time): South Africa vs Uganda

13 August, 2019
2.00pm (Ugandan time): Kenya vs Uganda
4.00pm (Ugandan time): Madagascar vs South Africa

17 August, 2019
2.00pm (Ugandan time): Madagascar vs Uganda
4.00pm (Ugandan time): South Africa vs Kenya

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Thu, 08 Aug 2019, 22:43

ugrugbychiclet wrote:
Canalina wrote:Some chance of live stream? Maybe south african federation facebook/youtube?

EDIT: I answer to myself... it will be live on Rugby Afrique and Rugby Afrique Women facebook pages

Fixtures and times

Fixtures

9 August, 2019

13 August, 2019

17 August, 2019

I think it would be fair if you put everything into (E.A.T) East African Time, as we all share a common time zone. thanks

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 11:35

1st half underway, Madagascar 5 - 5 Kenya

That has to be one of the driest looking pitches I've ever seen, never before seen blue lines on grass! Kenya take the lead now 10 - 5.

A very comfortable 35 - 5 win for Kenya in the end. South Africa vs Uganda about to start.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 13:49

Ahi, South Africa leading 62-0 at halftime vs Uganda :|

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 14:56

Canalina wrote:Ahi, South Africa leading 62-0 at halftime vs Uganda :|

Ended 89 - 5 to South Africa, I hope this is a sign that RSA have improved rather than Uganda declined...

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 14:59

I watched on the live stream and that was a brutal match for Uganda, I know some of them and I thought it was going to be closer and an improvement from 2014

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 15:11

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:

Ended 89 - 5 to South Africa, I hope this is a sign that RSA have improved rather than Uganda declined...
I thought Uganda (and Kenya, and Madagascar) looked very XVs-rusty, TBH, so I strongly suspect a lot of this is the latter. Quite a lot of RSA errors, but not punished. Springbok kicking was quite poor as well.

Australia were 7th in Ireland - and I think they'd beat South Africa by some ease, based on today.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Fri, 09 Aug 2019, 15:20

johnbirch wrote:

I thought Uganda (and Kenya, and Madagascar) looked very XVs-rusty, TBH, so I strongly suspect a lot of this is the latter. Quite a lot of RSA errors, but not punished. Springbok kicking was quite poor as well.

Australia were 7th in Ireland - and I think they'd beat South Africa by some ease, based on today.

I think RSA decided to play close to Uganda's level (the old adage of higher quality teams playing at the level of the lesser team etc.) yeah the kicking is a worry. but then again they don't have that many matches.

National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Sat, 10 Aug 2019, 15:07

Neptune wrote:
ugrugbychiclet wrote:

Fixtures and times

Fixtures

9 August, 2019

13 August, 2019

17 August, 2019

I think it would be fair if you put everything into (E.A.T) East African Time, as we all share a common time zone. thanks

Not sure what you are on about! Ugandan time is exactly the same as East African Time. Besides there are lots of time converters on google that you can use to get it to your preferred time.

National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Sat, 10 Aug 2019, 15:14

A combination of both - Uganda have deteriorated and SA have improved. They have had a number of quality international games against European sides under their belt prior to this and have actually spent the last 2 or 3 years building a team towards the qualifiers, although they expected the qualifiers to be next year not this year. I think that the only team that will test them will be Kenya but they haven't had as much time to prepare and have not had any decent build up games either. Using these games to gauge SA will be a mistake - they have matches in September and October against Spain and Scotland that will provide better yardsticks. Instead these matches should be used to gauge how far the rest of Africa is from SA in XVs. The winner of the playoff between number 2 Africa and number 1 South America can, I guess, be used to gauge how far both continents are from the 2nd tier of the rest of the world.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 12:46

Kenya 37-05 Uganda - FT
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 14:01

Good game by the lionesses, and good fight by the Lady Cranes, but I must say Uganda were extremely indisciplined. They would never go back 10metres, their 6 flanker got several warnings from the ref and utterly got a sin -bin. It was an evenly matched game overall, but Uganda really need to work on their discipline. Most penalties resulted from this, and had they been disciplined, we never know what could have happened. Another observation is I don't understand why Kenya were taking quick kicks after a try was made, they had a whole minute to get the kicking tee, but always went for the drop kick. Even lost one kick directly in front of goal. Started off badly in the first half, but re-convened and finished off the kill in the 2nd half. All the best to the Lionesses, as they take on South Africa later on. Good job girls :P

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 14:05

South Africa currently leading Madagascar 44-0

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 14:54

Final score : RSA 73- Madagascar 0. South Africa look like clear favourites to win it, and are the most clinical team. I hope the Lionesses can put up a fight and not give it to them on a silver platter.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 16:05

Not so bad by Madagascar. Just about the score, I mean; I couldn't watch the matches so can't judge the game.
I think Uganda and Madagascar are now out of the World Cup. They should be the fourth and fifth eliminated nation after India, Philippines and China.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 17:31

Canalina wrote:Not so bad by Madagascar. Just about the score, I mean; I couldn't watch the matches so can't judge the game.
I think Uganda and Madagascar are now out of the World Cup. They should be the fourth and fifth eliminated nation after India, Philippines and China.
China may not be dead et, from what I hear from Asia Rugby...

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 14 Aug 2019, 16:16

Nice image from the end of Kenya v Uganda

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 15 Aug 2019, 20:47

I realized just now how it will be difficult this time for Italy to qualify for the World Cup: Italy, Ireland, Scotland and presumably Spain, a quadrangular with two of them cut off from the WRWC and an other one oh them to face off a not so easy repechage duel with Fiji or Samoa :geek:

Oceania: The expanded Oceania Women’s Rugby Championship 2019 will act as the WRWC 2021 qualifier with the winner qualifying directly to WRWC 2021
Europe: For the first time in Europe, a standalone qualification tournament will be held in September 2020. Ireland, Italy and Scotland will be joined by the winner of the 2020 Rugby Europe women’s championship with the winner qualifying directly to WRWC 2021
Asia: The existing Asia Rugby Women’s Championship 2020 will act as the WRWC 2021 qualifier with the winner qualifying directly to WRWC 2021
Africa: A new women’s competition to be held in August 2019 will act as the WRWC 2021 qualifier with the winner qualifying directly to WRWC 2021
South America: A WRWC 2021 qualification competition will be held in 2020. The winner will progress to a play-off between the second-placed team from the Africa regional tournament to determine the fourth team to compete in the Repechage.
Repechage: the final team to qualify for WRWC 2021 will be decided via the new Repechage tournament, which will take place in 2020. The tournament will comprise of the second placed teams in the Asia, Europe and Oceania regional tournaments and the winner of the play-off between South America and second-placed team from the Africa regional qualifier.

By the way, do we know why the Oceania Championship is defined "expanded" and in which month it will be played?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 15 Aug 2019, 22:10

johnbirch wrote:
Canalina wrote:Not so bad by Madagascar. Just about the score, I mean; I couldn't watch the matches so can't judge the game.

What? They will expand the Asian top division to 4 teams (Japan, HK, Kazakhstan and China)? After they anounced it with 3 teams?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 06:25

Europe: For the first time in Europe, a standalone qualification tournament will be held in September 2020. Ireland, Italy and Scotland will be joined by the winner of the 2020 Rugby Europe women’s championship with the winner qualifying directly to WRWC 2021

I wonder if the RE Trophy 2019/20 nations (Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Czech Rep.) are already out of the WRWC or if they have a chance to play in the RE Championship. The fact that the Championship has already four teams and that the last Trophy game is quite late in the year (may) lets think that these nations are out from the WRWC qualifiers, but who knows?

Hypothesis A) One of the Championship 2019 nations (Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Germany) has renounced to the qualifiers, so the winner of the Trophy will take its place in the Championship 2020, which will be played between june and august (id est between the last Trophy game and the WRWC qualifying tournament)

Hypothesis B) The best two Trophy nations will be promoted to the Championship, which will have six teams with two pools and crossed matches

Hypothesis C) Let's wait and see

https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... men-trophy

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 10:03

They are out. 2020 REWC already has its calendar.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 10:56

Thanks. Pity for Sweden, they are ahead of Germany on world ranking and in the past they qualified four times for the final phase of the World Cup

Our blog's resume (nothing new, just a resume): www.rugby.it/news/2019/08/16/coppa-del- ... ficazioni/

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 18:23

victorsra wrote:
johnbirch wrote:

What? They will expand the Asian top division to 4 teams (Japan, HK, Kazakhstan and China)? After they anounced it with 3 teams?
Crazy buut true. They are thinking about it.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby johnbirch » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 18:29

Canalina wrote:Thanks. Pity for Sweden, they are ahead of Germany on world ranking and in the past they qualified four times for the final phase of the World Cup

Our blog's resume (nothing new, just a resume): http://www.rugby.it/news/2019/08/16/cop ... ficazioni/
But Sweden declined an invitation to enter the last two Trophies because it was too expensive.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 19:10

johnbirch wrote:
Canalina wrote:Thanks. Pity for Sweden, they are ahead of Germany on world ranking and in the past they qualified four times for the final phase of the World Cup

Our blog's resume (nothing new, just a resume): http://www.rugby.it/news/2019/08/16/cop ... ficazioni/
But Sweden declined an invitation to enter the last two Trophies because it was too expensive.

True, I didn't remember that.

To note (changing hemisphere) that tomorrow New Zealand risks to lose the #1 spot both in men's and in women's rankings, even if an home loss of the Black Ferns vs the Wallaroos seems very unlikely

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Rugby