Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

2018 June Internationals

Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 06:46

Canalina wrote:Perhaps you are already aware of this: if Georgia won in Suva this saturday (even by just one point), they would enter in world ranking Top 10.

At least according to my calculations


I also played around a little bit with possible outcomes - inspired by your post and I come to the same result. If they win, they are in the top10, no matter what the results of Japan or Tonga are.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1482
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 09:15

If Georgia beat Fiji AND Japan, Georgia would go to ninth I believe. Ah the dreams. Very difficult task indeed.

Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 15:02

Canalina wrote:Perhaps you are already aware of this: if Georgia won in Suva this saturday (even by just one point), they would enter in world ranking Top 10.

At least according to my calculations

Don't see that happening though.

Posts: 292
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Raven » Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 15:43

GeoRugby wrote:If Georgia beat Fiji AND Japan, Georgia would go to ninth I believe. Ah the dreams. Very difficult task indeed.


If Georgia wins their upcoming two games, and Argentina loses both, I´d add to Georgia´s hypothetical 9th place that the Pumas won´t have Hourcade as a coach anymore. I would also venture to say that even losing one of the pending 2 the Argies will have a coach replacement done.

All part of #JuneInternationals ...

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 02:04

more likely move to 11th unless japan and argentina both lose this weekend..

User avatar
Posts: 2008
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 07:32

Japan squad for 2nd Test v Italy

15 Kotaru MATSUSHIMA (Sunwolves, 29 caps)
14 Lomano LEMEKI (Sunwolves, 6 caps)
13 Will TUPOU (Sunwolves, 2 cap)
12 Timothy LAFAELE (Sunwolves, 9 caps)
11 Kenki FUKUOKA (Sunwolves, 25 caps)
10 Yu TAMURA (Sunwolves, 48 caps)
9 Fumiaki TANAKA (Sunwolves, 65 caps)
8 Kazuki HIMENO (Sunwolves, 4 caps)
7 Michael LEITCH (Sunwolves, 51 caps) - capitano
6 Yoshitaka TOKUNAGA (Sunwolves, 9 caps)
5 Samuela ANISE (Canon Eagles, 8 caps)
4 Wimpie VAN DER WALT (Sunwolves, 4 caps)
3 Ji-Won KOO (Sunwolves, 1 cap)
2 Shota HORIE (Sunwolves, 56 caps)
1 Keita INAGAKI (Sunwolves, 20 caps)

Bench
16 Yusuke NIWAI (Sunwolves, 4 caps)
17 Shintaro ISHIHARA (Sunwolves, 9 caps)
18 Takuma ASAHARA (Sunwolves, 10 caps)
19 Uwe HELU (Sunwolves, 8 caps)
20 Amanaki MAFI (Melbourne Rebels, 20 caps)
21 Yutaka NAGARE (Sunwolves, 10 caps)
22 Rikiya MATSUDA (Panasonic Wild Knights, 11 caps)
23 Ryoto NAKAMURA (Sunwolves, 12 caps)

Italy squad
15 Jayden HAYWARD (Benetton Rugby, 9 caps)
14 Tommaso BENVENUTI (Benetton Rugby, 51 caps)*
13 Michele CAMPAGNARO (Exeter Chiefs, 33 caps)*
12 Tommaso CASTELLO (Zebre Rugby Club, 11 caps)
11 Matteo MINOZZI (Zebre Rugby Club, 9 caps)*
10 Tommaso ALLAN (Benetton Rugby, 39 caps)
9 Marcello VIOLI (Zebre Rugby Club, 14 caps)*
8 Abraham STEYN (Benetton Rugby, 20 caps)
7 Jake POLLEDRI (Gloucester Rugby, 2 caps)
6 Sebastian NEGRI (Benetton Rugby, 8 caps)
5 Dean BUDD (Benetton Rugby, 12 caps)
4 Alessandro ZANNI (Benetton Rugby, 105 caps)
3 Tiziano PASQUALI (Benetton Rugby, 8 caps)
2 Leonardo GHIRALDINI (Stade Toulousain, 95 caps) - capitano
1 Andrea LOVOTTI (Zebre Rugby Club, 26 caps)*

Bench
16 Luca BIGI (Benetton Rugby, 10 caps)
17 Cherif TRAORE’ (Benetton Rugby, esordiente)*
18 Simone FERRARI (Benetton Rugby, 13 caps)
19 Marco FUSER (Benetton Rugby, 28 caps)*
20 Giovanni LICATA (Fiamme Oro, 6 caps)*
21 Tito TEBALDI (Benetton Rugby, 24 caps)
22 Carlo CANNA (Zebre Rugby Club, 29 caps)
23 Giulio BISEGNI (Zebre Rugby Club, 9 caps)

Both squads thanks to the Fedrugby.it site

Posts: 292
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Raven » Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 13:20

I sometimes wonder how many International teams can South Africa field.... there seems to be 1 on almost every team hehe.

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 05:18

2 fijians in the japan team, and 4 tongans too i think..

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 03 Jul 2016, 10:32
Location: Lelo's Stronghold
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby SHIZZZO » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 06:07

6 Japanese with pure samurai blood will play in starting line up against Italy. There should be some sort o fa cap on how many naturalized players you can field a game. This is a disgrace.

14 Lomano LEMEKI (Sunwolves, 6 caps)
13 Will TUPOU (Sunwolves, 2 cap)
12 Timothy LAFAELE (Sunwolves, 9 caps)
7 Michael LEITCH (Sunwolves, 51 caps) - captain
5 Samuela ANISE (Canon Eagles, 8 caps)
4 Wimpie VAN DER WALT (Sunwolves, 4 caps)
You are terminated!

Posts: 829
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 07:09

Fiji: 15 Kini Murimurivalu, 14 Vereniki Goneava, 13 Semi Radradra, 12 Jale Vatubua, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Ben Volavola, 9 Henry Seniloli, 8 Viliame Mata, 7 Akapusi Qera (c), 6 Dominiko Waqaniburotu, 5 Leone Nakarawa, 4 Apisalome Ratuniyarawa, 3 Manasa Saulo, 2 Ratu Vere Vugakot, 1 Campese Ma’afu
Replacements: 16 Ratunaisa Navuma, 17 Eroni Maw, 18 Kalivati Tawake, 19 Sikeli Nabou, 20 Nemani Nagusa, 21 Frank Lomani, 22 Alivereti Veitokani, 23 Timoci Nagusa

Two ex&actual Timisoara players in first XV for Fiji: no 9 Henry Seniloli & 3 Manasa Saulo. While i rate high Saulo i dont know how a team like Fiji is having at scrum half a player like Seniloli.

User avatar
Posts: 2008
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets
National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 07:28

SHIZZZO wrote:6 Japanese with pure samurai blood will play in starting line up against Italy. There should be some sort o fa cap on how many naturalized players you can field a game. This is a disgrace.

14 Lomano LEMEKI (Sunwolves, 6 caps)
13 Will TUPOU (Sunwolves, 2 cap)
12 Timothy LAFAELE (Sunwolves, 9 caps)
7 Michael LEITCH (Sunwolves, 51 caps) - captain
5 Samuela ANISE (Canon Eagles, 8 caps)
4 Wimpie VAN DER WALT (Sunwolves, 4 caps)


I make it 7 Japanese born, non "gaijin" starters. Plus, biracial Kotaru MATSUSHIMA although SA born has a Japanese mother and was schooled in Japan.

Also, to add that Ji-Won Koo is a Korean by birth

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 10:53

Bogdan_DC wrote:Fiji: 15 Kini Murimurivalu, 14 Vereniki Goneava, 13 Semi Radradra, 12 Jale Vatubua, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Ben Volavola, 9 Henry Seniloli, 8 Viliame Mata, 7 Akapusi Qera (c), 6 Dominiko Waqaniburotu, 5 Leone Nakarawa, 4 Apisalome Ratuniyarawa, 3 Manasa Saulo, 2 Ratu Vere Vugakot, 1 Campese Ma’afu
Replacements: 16 Ratunaisa Navuma, 17 Eroni Maw, 18 Kalivati Tawake, 19 Sikeli Nabou, 20 Nemani Nagusa, 21 Frank Lomani, 22 Alivereti Veitokani, 23 Timoci Nagusa

Two ex&actual Timisoara players in first XV for Fiji: no 9 Henry Seniloli & 3 Manasa Saulo. While i rate high Saulo i dont know how a team like Fiji is having at scrum half a player like Seniloli.


our coach is an idiot that refuses to callup niko matawalu

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 02:08

Tonga currently leading Samoa 20-6 in the 2nd half

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 02:20

tonga reserve wing scores 28-6 ...

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 02:37

samoa reserve wing scores 28-11 5 mins left

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 02:46

super samoan halfback matavau scores, so final score should be 28-18

Posts: 119
Joined: Wed, 28 Oct 2015, 04:30
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby nick511 » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:19

Warpath wrote:super samoan halfback matavau scores, so final score should be 28-18


That score that doesn't really reflect the game, Tonga were all over Samoa most of the game, but like the Fiji game they came back late. There's definitely many areas tonight's winner in Europe be looking to exploit.

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:35

anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

Posts: 318
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby carbonero » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:42

Warpath wrote:anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk

Posts: 837
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:43

How many high tackles is ref gonna let go ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:56

carbonero wrote:
Warpath wrote:anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk


i meant not blocked in fiji :/

Posts: 837
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 03:58

Warpath wrote:
carbonero wrote:
Warpath wrote:anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk


i meant not blocked in fiji :/


http://www.myvideo.ge/tv/rtv Georgian
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 04:15

georgia 15-10 fiji HT

Posts: 330
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Warpath » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 04:16

fullbackace wrote:
Warpath wrote:
carbonero wrote:
Warpath wrote:anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk


i meant not blocked in fiji :/


http://www.myvideo.ge/tv/rtv Georgian


blocked outside of geogia lol, so georgia tv blocks people outside georgia and fiji tv blocks people IN fiji..lol

Posts: 104
Joined: Sun, 18 Mar 2018, 00:53
National Flag:
NicaraguaNicaragua

Re: 2018 June Internationals

Postby Gen Santa » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 04:23

Warpath wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
Warpath wrote:
carbonero wrote:
Warpath wrote:anyone got a stream for the fiji-georgia game? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk


i meant not blocked in fiji :/


http://www.myvideo.ge/tv/rtv Georgian


blocked outside of geogia lol, so georgia tv blocks people outside georgia and fiji tv blocks people IN fiji..lol


the game is on youtube and not geoblocked mate, well not for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug4WJb1Bjk

though i dont know for other nations

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Neptune and 12 guests