Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

General topic for African Rugby

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 14:00

Algeria beat Senegal 21 - 19.

Don't know if some teams didn't arrive after all, the results in so far don't correspond to the schedule at all! No RD Congo?

Anyway, Pool B composition is

Namibia
Morocco
Cote d'Ivoire
B️enin
Mauritius ️

which means

Pool A
South Africa
Burkina Faso
Sénégal
Tunisia
Algéria

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 18:53

Also Madagascar quitted, it seems

Scores and standing after day one

https://jajalger2018.org/fr/jaj-2018-ru ... lassement/

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 20 Jul 2018, 17:37

I only found a couple of results from today in Algiers:

Algeria 17 - 12 Tunisia.
Mauritius 17 - 7 Morocco

I think the games start late in the day.

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Fri, 20 Jul 2018, 19:28

Burkina beat Algeria 17-10 and finished second in the pool. Maybe this means they're in semifinal.

The coach and one player of Burkina Faso have Ouedraogo as surname, I don't know if they're relatives to Florence

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 20 Jul 2018, 20:30

Canalina wrote:Burkina beat Algeria 17-10 and finished second in the pool. Maybe this means they're in semifinal.

The coach and one player of Burkina Faso have Ouedraogo as surname, I don't know if they're relatives to Florence

You mean Fulgence I think!

two more results from CIV Facebook page

CIV#BENIN :12-12
NAMIBIE #CIV : 21-12

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sat, 21 Jul 2018, 07:02

Semifinals at the Youth Games are
South Africa v Mauritius
Namibia v Burkina Faso

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 21 Jul 2018, 07:23

That's quite an achievement for Burkina Faso to make the semis, I wouldn't have reckoned Mauritius there either. Smart money definitely on a SA v Nam final though.

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 21 Jul 2018, 16:30

Well, Namibia took the silver so I assume they were beaten by South Africa in the final ( Facebook updater didn't feel the need to be so traditional as to give an actual score ). Algeria finished 5th.

The winner - presumably South Africa goes to the Youth Olympics ( or at least have won the spot ).

To add that Namibia beat Burkina Faso 41 - 7 in one semi-final

Top 6 placings according to https://www.facebook.com/Jeux-Africains ... xQ&fref=nf
1- RSA
2- NAMIBIE
3- ÎLE MAURICE
4- BURKINA FASO
5- ALGÉRIE
6- COTE D’IVOIRE

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Wed, 25 Jul 2018, 04:55

Ser Podrick of Payne wrote:
Canalina wrote:Mufulira showed to be a good venue, while Algeria opted for a french hosting city; so it would be fair to award the organization of the duel to Zambia.
Moreover, I think that Zambia won its pool with the same points of Algeria (9) but with a better points difference

The Algeria Rugby Federation say it will "probably be at Algiers", although this may be more founded in hope!

https://www.facebook.com/thezedrugger/ confirmed Mufulira; but in november, while the original date for play-off was august (could it be a return match with a first leg in Algeria in august?)

Image

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sat, 28 Jul 2018, 19:31

Africa Regional South (or "Centre", as the newspaper calls it) confirmed for september 29 and 30. Venue will be Bujumbura, Burundi's capitol city. Six teams involved: Burundi, Rwanda, Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Gabon, Lesotho.
So no Namibia, no Malawi and no Swaziland, despite they were present in the original calendar

Image

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sat, 04 Aug 2018, 04:48

Nigeria's team for next saturday's test in Niger. New head coach Weir is from Cape Town, South Africa. The game will award caps

Image

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Mon, 06 Aug 2018, 20:20

"First we are going to play a friendly against Niger Republic on August 11, take part in a regional rugby tournament in Cote d’Ivoire and another friendly against Ghana. After we take part in all these engagements, Rugby Afrique would then rank us. I believe we should place among the best three in the continent” :|

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/sta ... -saturday/

Posts: 181
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby rey200 » Mon, 06 Aug 2018, 20:51

Humbleness be his second name.

Posts: 389
Joined: Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 13:57

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Raven » Tue, 07 Aug 2018, 09:54

Canalina wrote:"First we are going to play a friendly against Niger Republic on August 11, take part in a regional rugby tournament in Cote d’Ivoire and another friendly against Ghana. After we take part in all these engagements, Rugby Afrique would then rank us. I believe we should place among the best three in the continent” :|

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/sta ... -saturday/


So this is XVs, and he reckons after playing those sides his team will only be under South Africa and Namibia? or he´s leaving RWC teams aside?? ;)

No disrespect, but although it might be great to see another African team arising, it seems hard to believe...

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sat, 11 Aug 2018, 15:30

Nigeria line-up (no info at all about Niger team, the match should have started half an hour ago)

1. Sunday Bassey
2. Ibrahim Suraj
3. Godwin Dina Otoro Jr (Vice-captain; he plays in Turin, Italy)
4. John Kurah
5. Onome Richard
6. Felix Adebayo
7. Samuel Ekpo
8. Isaac Sani
9. Hassan Mohammed
10. Azeez Ladipo (Captain)
11. Alfred Oche
12. Joshua Etim
13. Onoru Jatto
14. Christian Ogar
15. Nuhu Ibrahim

Reserves
16. Sodiq Oduola (Hooker)
17. Adesina Abdul (Prop)
18. Tunde Adewale (8Man / Lock)
19. Renilekun Adebanbo (Lock/Flank)
20. Monday Alex (Scrum Half / Fly Half
21. Promise Anosike (Left Winger)
22. Ezekile Tom (Right Winger)
23. Adebayo Toni (Prop)

HC: BRONSON WEIR

Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby victorsra » Sat, 11 Aug 2018, 20:46

It looks like things are moving on in Libya https://twitter.com/Rugby2018
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

User avatar
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue, 22 Apr 2014, 13:36
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby mcruic » Sat, 11 Aug 2018, 21:19

Raven wrote:
Canalina wrote:"First we are going to play a friendly against Niger Republic on August 11, take part in a regional rugby tournament in Cote d’Ivoire and another friendly against Ghana. After we take part in all these engagements, Rugby Afrique would then rank us. I believe we should place among the best three in the continent” :|

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/sta ... -saturday/


So this is XVs, and he reckons after playing those sides his team will only be under South Africa and Namibia? or he´s leaving RWC teams aside?? ;)

No disrespect, but although it might be great to see another African team arising, it seems hard to believe...


Also, the tournament in Ivory Coast he is talking about is a 7s tournament - it won't count for a XVs ranking...
Results, fixtures and (soon, I hope, dammit) rankings for 64 team sports @ http://theroonba.com

User avatar
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue, 22 Apr 2014, 13:36
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby mcruic » Sat, 11 Aug 2018, 21:20

Canalina wrote:Nigeria line-up (no info at all about Niger team, the match should have started half an hour ago)

1. Sunday Bassey
2. Ibrahim Suraj
3. Godwin Dina Otoro Jr (Vice-captain; he plays in Turin, Italy)
4. John Kurah
5. Onome Richard
6. Felix Adebayo
7. Samuel Ekpo
8. Isaac Sani
9. Hassan Mohammed
10. Azeez Ladipo (Captain)
11. Alfred Oche
12. Joshua Etim
13. Onoru Jatto
14. Christian Ogar
15. Nuhu Ibrahim

Reserves
16. Sodiq Oduola (Hooker)
17. Adesina Abdul (Prop)
18. Tunde Adewale (8Man / Lock)
19. Renilekun Adebanbo (Lock/Flank)
20. Monday Alex (Scrum Half / Fly Half
21. Promise Anosike (Left Winger)
22. Ezekile Tom (Right Winger)
23. Adebayo Toni (Prop)

HC: BRONSON WEIR


Match started at 16:30 local time (17:30 CET).

Unconfirmed final score: Niger 13-57 Nigeria
Results, fixtures and (soon, I hope, dammit) rankings for 64 team sports @ http://theroonba.com

User avatar
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Canalina » Sun, 12 Aug 2018, 13:24

The two teams gathered at the end of the match (Niger is white&green, Nigeria dark green)

Image

Posts: 186
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 10:00
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby getienne » Sun, 12 Aug 2018, 13:34

Unconfirmed final score: Niger 13-57 Nigeria

Any information about the scorers ?

User avatar
Posts: 2116
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
Location: United Federation of Planets

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sun, 12 Aug 2018, 14:10

https://www.brila.net/nigeria-wallops-n ... ional-ban/

According to this result was 59 - 13.
Venue: Stade General Seyni Kountchede in Niamey.


Nigeria scorers

Azeez Ladipo pen
Joshua Etim try
Azeez Ladipo conv
Christian Ogar try
Azeez Ladipo conv

17 - 6 at halftime ( two pens for Niger )

2nd Half
Jato Onoru (3 Tries), Alfred Oche (2 Tries), and Azeez Ladipo (1 Try)
Azeez Ladipo 4 convs
Monday Omorogieva 2 convs

1 try + conv for Niger

Posts: 101
Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2018, 15:48
National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Tomster7uk » Mon, 13 Aug 2018, 00:28


Posts: 220
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016, 03:59
National Flag:
BoliviaBolivia

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Osmanperalta » Mon, 13 Aug 2018, 16:07

amazing news from Kenya :thumbup: :thumbup:

Posts: 730
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby Tobar » Thu, 16 Aug 2018, 14:00

Help the Malawi 7s rugby team get to the Africa Championships. $60 US gets you a jersey and $100 US gets it signed by the team. So far it looks like they've raised over $1000.

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/p ... rugby-team

Not gunna lie, the kit is pretty sleek.

Image

Image

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2015, 09:13
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby dwpeate » Mon, 20 Aug 2018, 12:54

Algeria's Facebook says the promotion match will happen in October

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beber, Bing [Bot], Hinato, suofficer and 20 guests