Postby Canalina » Tue, 10 Apr 2018, 20:22

April 14, 12.00 (?), Niksic: Montenegro v Bulgaria
April 28, Istanbul: Turkey v Montenegro
May 5, Sofia: Bulgaria v Turkey

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: REC Development pool, April 14-May 5

Postby Canalina » Tue, 10 Apr 2018, 20:29

map with in yellow the teams involved in the lowest division of Rugby Europe (id est this Development pool) and in orange the nations not competing at all. It's evident that most of the european weak nations are in the south east; if Rugby Europe had money they should launch a sort of project to help rugby in this big area
Last edited by Canalina on Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Wed, 11 Apr 2018, 13:17

And yet most of them are right next door to the most successful rugby nations outside of the 6N. Is there anything that Romania and Georgia could do?

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 09:35

Also Italy is near them but I've never heard about a cooperation between our federation and Slovenia, or our federation and Albania for example.
Probably both Italy and Romania desire to spread rugby in all their own regions (some regions in Italy, like Puglia or Calabria, have still a little rugby presence) before spending efforts in the neighbor countries

A symptom of the not-strong feeling between rugby and South Europe could be the absence of rugby in the Mediterranean Games. There are 31 sports (five team sports), but no rugby

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby bonzosarmy » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 12:27

Canalina wrote:Also Italy is near them but I've never heard about a cooperation between our federation and Slovenia, or our federation and Albania for example.
Probably both Italy and Romania desire to spread rugby in all their own regions (some regions in Italy, like Puglia or Calabria, have still a little rugby presence) before spending efforts in the neighbor countries

two or three years ago the friuli ventia union proposed some sort of cooperation with the austrian rugby union, but it was fucked up by our union at that time in not communicating. now we have contacts again and it maybe will grow over time.

i think one of the problems is the language barriers...

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 12:52

This is quite interesting. I only mentioned it because I seem to recall various European national teams spending time with some clubs dotted around England and wondered what the possibility of a continental equivalent might be

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby bonzosarmy » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 14:24

it might have to do with the T&E service the RFU did provide years ago to this countries, at least to austria on a small scale. maybe personel contacts are now still working, in case of the austrian national team playing the british police team, this was the case.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 14:44

Are you talking about Unity Project that tied some Rugby Europe member nations to English counties?
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/europe ... t-1265294/
http://www.englandrugbyfiles.com/unityproject/#p=1

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 15:59

That was it Armchair yes, thanks

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby Loohr » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 16:15

About the development of rugby in european countries without XV national team active :

In poland third division, there is an union club between polish city of Terespol and belarus city of Brest "Unia Brześć/Terespol" :

http://pzrugby.pl/news/aktualnosc/IIligaKolejkaI,4167

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 12 Apr 2018, 18:25

bonzosarmy wrote:two or three years ago the friuli ventia union proposed some sort of cooperation with the austrian rugby union, but it was fucked up by our union at that time in not communicating. now we have contacts again and it maybe will grow over time.

I didn't know this. Friuli Venezia Giulia is not a region with a great rugby tradition, though, despite they are neighbors of main italian rugby region Veneto. Trieste, the most famous city of FVG, has a mitteleuropean spirit but they never had a competitive rugby club. I can't imagine in which way that cooperation would work (a transnational tournament? common trainings?) but I would be glad about it

an article about Montenegro v Bulgaria
Rugby team of Montenegro on Saturday in Niksic (12 hours), at the stadium of Steel, against Bulgaria is expecting the first match within the 3rd Division of the European Cup of Nations. Two weeks later, a duel against Turkey in Istanbul follows. The best of these three teams will be placed in the higher ranking of the European competition.
"We have been working hard in the past to better prepare for the matches in the European Cup of Nations. We are aware of the strengths and multi-disciplinary traditions of our opponents when it comes to rugby, but it will only be an additional motivation for my boys to provide the maximum and represent their country in a worthy way, "said selector Danilo Ceranic at today's press conference.
He said he expects strong matches, regardless of the fact that in front of them they have played teams, made up of experienced professional players.
"Of our 23 players, who have been declared for matches against Bulgaria and Turkey, only a few rugby players are working professionally. The rest of the team is made up of domestic clubs, most of whom are members of Niksic. However, even though they are not professional players, they have shown very good results on all physical fitness tests, thanks to which they are able to practically equally resist professional players, "said Ceranic.
The national team coach pointed out that rugby in Montenegro is still a young sport, given that it has been organized only a few years ago.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 14 Apr 2018, 08:12

Bulgaria

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 14 Apr 2018, 11:07

Bulgaria leading 29-0, fifteen minutes to the end

http://www.rugbyeurope.eu/rugby-europe- ... o-bulgaria

Apparently 0-57 was the final score
Good sunny day over there, but I haven't watched the match

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby RugInt » Sun, 15 Apr 2018, 02:38

Gee big turnaround Bulgaria. Montenegro won this match last year 42-19. Bulgaria taking relegation very seriously!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 09:04

bonzosarmy wrote:two or three years ago the friuli ventia union proposed some sort of cooperation with the austrian rugby union, but it was fucked up by our union at that time in not communicating. now we have contacts again and it maybe will grow over time.

Austrian championship is a laudable mix from various nations: Austria itself of course (ten clubs), Slovenia (Ljubljana and Maribor), Croatia (Zagreb Blues), Slovakia (Bratislava) and Czech Republic (Breclav)!
http://www.rugby-austria.at/herren/arc-premiership/
http://www.rugby-austria.at/herren/arc-championship/
http://www.rugby-austria.at/herren/arc-development/

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby bonzosarmy » Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 10:15

Canalina wrote:

Austrian championship is a laudable mix from various nations: Austria itself of course (ten clubs), Slovenia (Ljubljana and Maribor), Croatia (Zagreb Blues), Slovakia (Bratislava) and Czech Republic (Breclav)!

the problem is when you have only ten clubs who could play 15s but they are on four different levels, you need to find other solutions then a national competition to satisfy the different needs of the clubs. it worked out quite well till now but with the new general data protection regulation 2018 in may, it will be difficult to continue with the organisation of this competitions.

but i think it can have a pioneering role for the development of rugby in central/south europe, where all nations are struggling more less with the same problem. to few clubs on the same level for a competition.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 16:55

Canalina wrote:Austrian championship is a laudable mix from various nations: Austria itself of course (ten clubs), Slovenia (Ljubljana and Maribor), Croatia (Zagreb Blues), Slovakia (Bratislava) and Czech Republic (Breclav)!

This sound like a nice setup for a Central European league. I shall follow it closely as I travel frenquently in Austria and who know, maybe I'll attend a match at some point.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 19:49

Finally the austrian championship map! Breclav and Bratislava are much nearer than Innsbruck to the core of the tournament

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 19:56

Canalina wrote:Finally the austrian championship map! Breclav and Bratislava are much nearer than Innsbruck to the core of the tournament

plus the trip to Bratislava is charming, especially by boat. Local liquors are top notch, so is beer and wine is decent. try garlic soup after a long night out as a starter when you wake up near noon :D

Postby Raven » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 13:06

Canalina wrote:Finally the austrian championship map! Breclav and Bratislava are much nearer than Innsbruck to the core of the tournament

This is going completely off topic right now, but I wanted to add to such a nice map the info that RC Innsbruck II participated for two or three seasons until this season in the Bavarian (Germany) Verband League (2nd tier in Bavaria), in what I thought at first was going to be an attempt to reach a German Bundesliga status (like Luxemburg has done for example)... I guess I was wrong, although would be interesting to see how far could they go.

RC Brixen (from Bressanone, Italy) is another example, after competing a few times in the Austrian minor leagues also gave the Verband League a go last season; but just as the "Tirolers" had to pull out although they did at pretty early stages and had to forfeit various games too...

National Flag:
TurkeyTurkey

Postby erginclass » Mon, 23 Apr 2018, 07:04

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6078487864

Turkey v Montenegro match will be held at Maltepe Hasan Polat Stadium.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 23 Apr 2018, 08:17

This poster surely draws attention

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 20:04

A resume of this week's matches, with the standings (matches still to play)
Many verdicts on stake

Ukraine - Hungary
Lithuania - Sweden
CONF 1N: Lit 13 (1), Ukr 5 (2), Lat 4 (2), Swe 4 (2), Hun 3 (1)

Croatia - Bosnia Herzegovina
CONF 1S: Mal 19, Isr 10, Cro 4 (2), BiH 4 (1), And 2 (1)

Luxembourg - Norway
Denmark - Estonia
CONF 2N: Lux 14 (1), Den 4 (2), Fin 4 (2), Nor 1 (2), Est 0 (3)

Serbia - Cyprus
CONF 2S: Cyp 14 (1), Aut 13, Slo 9, Srb 6 (1), Svk 0

Turkey - Montenegro
DEV: Bul 5 (1), Tur 0 (2), Mne 0 (1)

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 27 Apr 2018, 05:32

Kick-off times of the weekend's REC matches, all live streamed except the turkish one. The .53 and .23 times should indicate the beginning of the live streaming, the match starting seven minutes after

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby RugInt » Fri, 27 Apr 2018, 11:03

Turkey v Montenegro

Team Lists-clubs and data
Referee: Alexandru Ionescu (Romania)

Next

Return to Rugby Forum