Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Portugal - Romania match tickets and travel

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Portugal - Romania match tickets and travel

Postby amz » Sat, 04 Jan 2020, 21:31

Hello Portuguese posters,

I find out that the REIC match will be played outside Lisbon in Caldas da Rainha. I presume tickets won't be sold in advance but on the spot.

Other issue bothers me, how is travelling there from center of Lisbon? I found trains of 2:30+ hours so I am thinking to rent a car, seem the trip is considerably less time consuming. Is there other quicker option than the train like buses?

Thanks in advance

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Re: Portugal - Romania match tickets and travel

Postby suofficer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020, 10:52

Tickets will be sold on the door I believe and to be honest as I have said in other posts, I would get there a bit early

I never forget in 2013 when Portugal had Fiji in Lisbon. The Vast majority of the crowd was still outside (though you can see through the fence) while the Bole ( is that right ?) was done. The match day experience is however getting a lot better in Portugal now.

Drive definitely. Though the trains are very good these days I think you can do it in a car in under an hour. Some great sightseeing as well. Obidos, Fatima, Nazare. Bus will get you there fairly quickly I think. Probably in about an hour and fraction of the price as well.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 03 Feb 2020, 10:26

What's the exact name of the stadium from Caldas?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby Shockterm » Mon, 03 Feb 2020, 11:12

The pitch is called Complexo Desportivo das Caldas da Rainha, and the tickets will be free i think

Return to Rugby Forum