Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Russian Rugby

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Russian Rugby

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:09

STMKY wrote:
qwerty wrote:Who will pay for Krasnoyarsk to fly anywhere, or the non-KY teams to fly there?

This is not a problem at all. Krasnoyarsk clubs will be full participants of the tournament, so they do not have to pay for others. As it was suggested to them by the EPCR. Perhaps the sponsor will pay for the flights. There is no information yet.

Football "Yenisei" is likeli next season will begin in Premier League.
In the first play-off they defeated "Anji" 3-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdEjRCXw7A

I hope this does not affect the financing of rugby.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:12

thatrugbyguy wrote:I know it's early but any news on what the Russian plans are building up to the World Cup?

At the moment everything is in shock, plans will be later. 8-)

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:15

SallesNeto_BR wrote:
Did he mention any country other than Georgia in this video? I remember reading about some interest from Belarus.

But Belarus is very weak in the sport... I also think the Romanians wouldn't change their succesfull Superliga for this (at least in a first moment). Ukraine also isn't an option because of war and Moldova also has problems. So the Russians have few alternatives in Eastern Europe/Central Asia: Kazakhstan? Poland? Czech Rep?

Other question about the video: is there some information about the minimum number of teams they want to start this championship?

I think that the matter will end with the inclusione of one or two foreign teams (for example Georgian franchisa) in Russian league.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:28

Vova12 I dont think GRU will agree on playing in "Russian" league.

The fact that Russian Rugby Union started working on project doesnt mean that its Russian. Project is on the level of Idea and still needs a skeleton to build further.

You do realize Georgia can gather hell of a team from Didi10 and lower French divisions... If this happens and Black Sea League will come to light than best way will be 3-3 teams from Geo-Rus, 2 from Rom and 1-1 from other Countries

Rus - Enisei, Krasny Yar, VVA Saracens
Geo - Lelo Saracens, Aia Kutaisi, Batumi RC
Rom - Timisoara Saracens, Baia Mare
Ukr - Kredo
Germany - Heidelberg HRK

10 teams with ability to Expand... Fully Professional clubs.

Idea was born years ago, This league must prove that Eastern European League can be Professional. Id dont know about others but Georgian Teams will not be lacking spectators when Russians or Romanians arrive.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:44

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Vova12 I dont think GRU will agree on playing in "Russian" league.

Well, yours can call this league as you like.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:49

I know at least 1 joint Black Sea training&competition U20 from the past, held in Constanta for Russia, Romania,Ukraine &Georgia.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:52

What about simply the Eastern Europe League?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:52

We must start small.
Involvement in our league of Georgian franchise and national team of Kazakhstan for example.
(By the way recently in the Russian league the Georgian franchise was already playing!)
Then if successful we can move on.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:56

Vova12 wrote:(By the way recently in the Russian league the Georgian franchise was already playing!)

?

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:57

Yes, like the South America League and Major League Rugby this new Eastern Europe League needs to start small and only expand once things are stable.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 10:01

Bogdan_DC wrote:
Vova12 wrote:(By the way recently in the Russian league the Georgian franchise was already playing!)

?

"Spartak-GM" Moscow. Georgian Losaberidze invited players from Georgia and played in our league 2008-13.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 18 May 2018, 10:05

Vova12 wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:

?

"Spartak-GM" Moscow. Georgian Losaberidze invited players from Georgia and played in our league 2008-13.

Didn't knew about it. Its good, sport can break some hard barriers where politics fails.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 18 May 2018, 10:44

Ok good luck with that. GRU can not agree on that and if they do than it will lead to another vote and Svanidze will be overthrown. He knows it and i believe he will not sacrifice interests of GRU.

So that is dead end.

On the other hand joint league is possitive project and GRU will participate. I am also for it.

U can exclude the possibility of Georgian Franchise in Russian leage even on this stage. It can not happen

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 18 May 2018, 11:03

Obviously, this will be a completely new league. With a professional approach and a good budget about 10 million euros.

Postby 4N » Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:19

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 18:19

VVA - Kuban tomorrow 19.00 Moscow time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIE4r2MCUk

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Fri, 18 May 2018, 18:57

STMKY wrote:Obviously, this will be a completely new league. With a professional approach and a good budget about 10 million euros.

From where the money comes from?

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Fri, 18 May 2018, 19:02

Vova12 wrote:We must start small.
Involvement in our league of Georgian franchise and national team of Kazakhstan for example.
(By the way recently in the Russian league the Georgian franchise was already playing!)
Then if successful we can move on.

It wasn't a Georgian franchise... It was a russian club based in Moscow, owned by a georgian (Mamuka Losaberidze) who signed a lot of georgian players (about 30%-40% of the team). But included a lot of russian and also some moldovan players (Prepelita, Castravet, Baltag, Gagauz).
Most of these georgians are now at Batumi (Kvantidze, Eristavi, Tutberidze) or retired. Few of them are still in Russia : Khechikovi (Krasny Yar), Tsirekidze (Slava), one in France (Lasha Tvaberidze, Limoges)
The team also included few russian internationals (Pavel Kvernadze, Dimitri Malyakin, Ilya Osminko, Gleb Babkin, Giorgi Minadze)
Also, 3 players from Azerbaijan played for Spartak (Rinat Aliyev, Ali Alakbarov, Eldar Nasrullaev)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 18 May 2018, 20:16

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Vova12 I dont think GRU will agree on playing in "Russian" league.

The fact that Russian Rugby Union started working on project doesnt mean that its Russian. Project is on the level of Idea and still needs a skeleton to build further.

You do realize Georgia can gather hell of a team from Didi10 and lower French divisions... If this happens and Black Sea League will come to light than best way will be 3-3 teams from Geo-Rus, 2 from Rom and 1-1 from other Countries

Rus - Enisei, Krasny Yar, VVA Saracens
Geo - Lokomotivi, Aia Kutaisi, Batumi RC
Rom - Timisoara Saracens, Baia Mare
Ukr - Kredo
Germany - Heidelberg HRK

10 teams with ability to Expand... Fully Professional clubs.

Idea was born years ago, This league must prove that Eastern European League can be Professional. Id dont know about others but Georgian Teams will not be lacking spectators when Russians or Romanians arrive.

There, fixed it :thumbup:

Also I 2nd that Georigan team won't join Russian League. Only way I see is creating a new league on even terms.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:03

fullbackace wrote:

Also I 2nd that Georigan team won't join Russian League. Only way I see is creating a new league on even terms.

Do yours have money for "even terms"?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:05

beber wrote:
It wasn't a Georgian franchise... It was a russian club based in Moscow, owned by a georgian (Mamuka Losaberidze) who signed a lot of georgian players (about 30%-40% of the team). But included a lot of russian and also some moldovan players (Prepelita, Castravet, Baltag, Gagauz).
Most of these georgians are now at Batumi (Kvantidze, Eristavi, Tutberidze) or retired. Few of them are still in Russia : Khechikovi (Krasny Yar), Tsirekidze (Slava), one in France (Lasha Tvaberidze, Limoges)
The team also included few russian internationals (Pavel Kvernadze, Dimitri Malyakin, Ilya Osminko, Gleb Babkin, Giorgi Minadze)
Also, 3 players from Azerbaijan played for Spartak (Rinat Aliyev, Ali Alakbarov, Eldar Nasrullaev)

I do not know where you got this statistics from, but in the "Spartak" was not less than 70-80% of Georgians.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:08

I think that Russia can create a league with its own eforts if you leave money in Russia.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:15

Vova12 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

Do yours have money for "even terms"?

No but we have quality rugby, If you don't want it. You can play with Kazakhs. no problem. Didi 10 is getting better either way.
Last edited by fullbackace on Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:18

fullbackace wrote:
No but we have quality rugby, If you don't want it. Yall play with Kazakhs. no problem. Didi 10 is getting better either way.

The players in the Georgian team are better because they play in the European Championships!

The championship of Russia is stronger than the championship of Georgia!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 18 May 2018, 21:21

Vova12 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
No but we have quality rugby, If you don't want it. Yall play with Kazakhs. no problem. Didi 10 is getting better either way.

The players in the Georgian team are better because they play in the European Championships!

The championship of Russia is stronger than the championship of Georgia!

Whole point of the league would be to strengthen teams with Georgian ProD2 and Federal players. Otherwise why even bother.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum