Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

South American rugby

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: South American rugby

Postby victorsra » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:32

About the Tupis tour to Tucumán and Salta, it is not yet confirmed, as of yesterday.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 06:37

Tobar wrote:Sudamerica XV is still a very good challenge for Chile. It doesn't count as an official test match but who cares it's a good match.

Is this going to be shown live on the net?

I've found almost all the tv or streams of this saturday except the Scotland v Fiji and Chile v South America ones

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 04:26

Chile lost to Sudamérica XV 21-38.

Chile also apparently sold out their tickets for next week’s match against Maori All Blacks. The Estadio San Carlos can hold around 14,000. From photos it looks like a really cool stadium to host the match since the fans are so close to the field. The fans will really feel the effect of the haka for sure.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 04:32

wow... Chilean fans can be really loud. Let's hope a couldron.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 04:33

Excellent. The only disappointing thing about todays Maori game were that the fans were so far away from the action.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 05:34

true

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Sun, 11 Nov 2018, 15:35

thatrugbyguy wrote:Excellent. The only disappointing thing about todays Maori game were that the fans were so far away from the action.

Yeah it was a bummer that they were so far away but you could hear them every time Brazil started marching up the field.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 03:08

carbonero wrote:Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay will play this weekend an U17 tournament against emerging unions in Córdoba. Paraguay will also send their senior squad.

Uruguay won in U17's beating Chile on their way to the title. In seniors, Paraguay got second place after losing to Misiones.
Spoiler:
Senior
Paraguay 46 – 0 Entre Ríos Desarrollo
Paraguay 26 – 0 Formosa
Paraguay 18 – 0 Tierra del Fuego
Paraguay 7 – 27 Misiones

U17
Uruguay 17 – 7 Andina
Uruguay 28 – 3 Tierra del Fuego
Chile 47 – 0 Misiones
Chile 38 – 0 Formosa
Paraguay 27 – 19 Jujuy
Paraguay 7 – 20 Lagos
Paraguay 16 – 7 San Luis
Uruguay 16 – 5 Chile
Paraguay 8 – 10 Andina
Uruguay 13 – 8 Alto Valle

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 13:53

Nov 23rd - Tucumán vs Brazil
Nov 27th - Salta vs Brazil

Both confirmed now

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 15:33

NaBUru38 wrote:Next weekend, Paysandú (Uruguay) will host a tournament featuring development teams from Uruguay's interior, Rosario, Entre Ríos, Santa Fe, Nordeste and Tucumán.

Group A:

Uruguay interior 14 - 13 Entrerriana
Uruguay interior 6 - 5 Nordeste
Entrerriana 22 - 6 Nordeste

Group B:

Rosario 27 - 0 Santafesina
Rosario 17 - 12 Tucumán
Santafesina 19 - 10 Tucumán

Final matches:

1st place: Rosario 15 - 5 Uruguay interior
3rd place: Santafesina 18 - 0 Entrerriana
5th place: Tucumán 12 - 9 Nordeste

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 20:38

Sudamérica XV squad for Paraguay:

Forwards: Diver Jefferson Ceballos (Espartanos MRC, Colombia), Martín Darraq (Cuervos, Uruguay), Diego Fortuny (Universitario de Salta, Argentina), Roberto Garese (Carrasco Polo Club, Uruguay), Rodrigo Martínez (Los Tordos, Argentina), Héctor Navarro (Duendes, Colombia), Ignacio Péculo (Old Christian’s, Uruguay), Yerson Ortíz Cañas (Gatos RC, Colombia), Juan Manuel Rodríguez (Trébol de Paysandú, Uruguay), Martín Santiago (Los Tordos, Argentina), Juan Pablo Santilli (Deportiva Francesa, Argentina), Iñaki Ustáriz (Champagnat, Argentina)

Backs: Andrés Álvarez (Gatos RC, Colombia), Pablo Avellaneda (Tucumán Rugby Club, Argentina), Marcos Brovetto (Montevideo Cricket Club), Juan Dávila (Gatos RC, Colombia), Martín Elías (Atlético del Rosario, Argentina), Ignacio Inchauspe (Olivos RC, Argentina), Santiago Mansilla (Córdoba Athletic, Argentina), Domingo Miotti (Tucumán Lawn Tennis, Argentina), Facundo Ferrario (Jockey Club de Rosario, Argentina), Jhon Arley Urrutia (Fénix RC, Colombia)

Postby 4N » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 20:49

Six Colombians. Nice.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 21:28

^ what he said

Good to see the Colombians involved. Wish there was another match for them to get involved and not just against Paraguay.

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Tue, 13 Nov 2018, 18:17

victorsra wrote:wow... Chilean fans can be really loud. Let's hope a couldron.

Not the Rugby fans, the oppositte team is never mistreated. Football is something else, especially after we knew we were able to win Copa America.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 13 Nov 2018, 20:09

Yes but a match like this will attract non-rugby people? Here in SP it did

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 14 Nov 2018, 11:13

Are there some possible free streaming for these three games?

Uruguay v Fiji
Cile v Maori All Blacks
Paraguay v Sud America XV

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby Salta » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 02:11

La Naranja is back! First call for the match vs Brazil:

Pilares: Lucio Urueña, Francisco Trejo, Rodrigo Navarro, Ramón Sánchez.
Hookers: Luciano Proto, Federico Lazarte.
Segundas líneas: Santiago Rocchia, Juan Martín Guerineau, José María Young, Santiago Pérez.
Terceras líneas: Nicolás Proto, Mariano Perondi, Leonardo Bevilacqua, Santiago Aguilar, Nicolás Sbrocco, Santiago Portillo.
Medio scrum: Nicolás Alvizo, Gonzalo García.
Aperturas: Domingo Miotti, Tomás Albornoz, Máximo Ledesma.
Centros: Ignacio Albornoz, Gabriel Ascárate, Facundo Silva Soria.
Wines: Lucas Cartier, Agustín Cortés, José Barros Sosa, Pablo Avellaneda.
Fullbacks: Matías Ferro, Jorge Domínguez.

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 14:18

victorsra wrote:Yes but a match like this will attract non-rugby people? Here in SP it did

I do not know the prices at Morumbi but the prices charged at San Calos did not invite any barra brava to assist (US $ 15 behind the posts). They were only a bit cheaper compared with the football match against Costa Rica...I can assure you that the assistants will be Rugby fans and people who know a bit of Rugby and would like to enjoy the Haka.

National Flag:
BoliviaBolivia

Postby Osmanperalta » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 14:30

I also heard that the tickets were quite expensive but the good thing was that they were sold out so i think the union will receive a good income of money with this game..
as a way to expand the sport do you think that a good option for other games especially those of the american rugby championship would be to play outside of santiago? I remember a match against brazil in temuco with a good number of spectators was in 2013 or 2014 if i remember

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 15:07

Osmanperalta wrote:I also heard that the tickets were quite expensive but the good thing was that they were sold out so i think the union will receive a good income of money with this game..
as a way to expand the sport do you think that a good option for other games especially those of the american rugby championship would be to play outside of santiago? I remember a match against brazil in temuco with a good number of spectators was in 2013 or 2014 if i remember

Osman : The Union has not informed how much would generate the match and how would it be distributed.
Concerning the venues for the ARC they insist on a stadium located in the south west area of Santiago, which is a good shot to promove the Sport but not during the ARC. This tournament is played during summer, it would have a better public response if they move it to the regions : Temuco, Concepción or Viña.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 16:15

ficcp wrote:
Osmanperalta wrote:I also heard that the tickets were quite expensive but the good thing was that they were sold out so i think the union will receive a good income of money with this game..

Osman : The Union has not informed how much would generate the match and how would it be distributed.
Concerning the venues for the ARC they insist on a stadium located in the south west area of Santiago, which is a good shot to promove the Sport but not during the ARC. This tournament is played during summer, it would have a better public response if they move it to the regions : Temuco, Concepción or Viña.

So they'll play again in La Pintana? Seems like they might get more fans to show up of they play in San Carlos de Apoquindo, Estadio CAP or Sausalito.

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 17:04

qwerty wrote:
ficcp wrote:

So they'll play again in La Pintana? Seems like they might get more fans to show up of they play in San Carlos de Apoquindo, Estadio CAP or Sausalito.

The 3 stadia you mention are much costly than La Pintana, especially San Carlos. Public response depends not only of the location of the stadium, If I carry out good promotions camapaigns I am sure to get good responses in Arica, Punta Arenas or whatever, but I do not work for the Union.....

If the ARC matches were to be moved to the regions, you could get 2 birds with one shot : More people supporting the National team and a better promotion of the sport in a region with few presence.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 17:39

I agree, Chile should play in the provinces at least one ARC match every year. I think Brazil should play at least on match outside Pacaembu too...

Brazil suffered playing in Temuco some years ago and the stadium had a nice atmosphere.

Postby 4N » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 17:45

Temuco has a nice stadium. They played there 2013 JWRT there too.

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Thu, 15 Nov 2018, 18:00

victorsra wrote:I agree, Chile should play in the provinces at least one ARC match every year. I think Brazil should play at least on match outside Pacaembu too...

Brazil suffered playing in Temuco some years ago and the stadium had a nice atmosphere.

Osman and you mentioned Temuco , which has been a very supportive city for Rugby. The Junior World Trophy 2013 was assigned to Chile in the northern city of Antofagasta. Few days before the kick off , the mayor of that city decided not to facilitate the main stadium (for 30 or 40 K). So, the organisation had to move everything to Temuco which offered its facilities to carry out the international tournament, the move meant 2.000 kms to the South but it was succesful. In the final Canada defeated Italy and Chile got the 3rd place defeating Japan. Some friendly and Sudamericano matches have been played there also. The stadium is better and larger than San Carlos.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum