Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Increase the RWC to 24 teams

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: Increase the RWC to 24 teams

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 11:41

Wow, most replies are anti-Russia. Someone should post this on Reddit. There would be tears.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby theDarky » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 11:52

thatrugbyguy wrote:Oh no! He posted an article about it too. Maybe I shouldn’t have made it look so professional.

He shows us what "unprofessional" means

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 13:16

thatrugbyguy wrote:Image

Nice presentation!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 15:29

World Cup 2027 in Russia - American version :)
https://rugger.info/news/35365

The americasrugbynews publication presented its model of how the Russian Federation will host the largest rugby tournament on the planet.
The authors assume that since no applications from other countries have yet been made and are unlikely to be made, the main competitors in the race for the right to host the 2027 World Cup are Russia and Australia.
If the Russian Federation gets the right to host it, then it is quite possible to expand the list of participants to 24 teams. They will be divided into 6 groups, the teams that took 1-2 places, plus the four best ones, who took the third place in their groups, reach one-eighth of the finals.
The number of games will increase from 48 to 52, but in time the World Cup will fit into the already familiar framework - on September 10, 2027, the opening match, the final on October 23.
The tournament will be hosted by 14 stadiums in 13 cities. These are two Moscow stadiums, "Spartak" and "Luzhniki", as well as arenas in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Sochi, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Saransk, Kazan, Volgograd, Samara, Krasnodar, Yekaterinburg and Krasnoyarsk, and there a new stadium will be built.
The average capacity of arenas is 47,289. For comparison, the Australians in 2003, when they hosted the World Cup, this figure was 38,282 people, and in Japan in 2019 - 37,745 people per match. The estimated number of tickets sold is 2,459,041.
The opening match will take place in Krasnoyarsk, the match for the third place - in St. Petersburg, the final - in Moscow at Luzhniki.
A high-resolution infographic of the tournament can be viewed here

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 15:32

I made 225,064 maps and no one took them in consideration, this one is already in all the rugby media :evil:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 15:42

In Russia, this is called a damaged phone. When the graphics were drawn by an Australian. Then she got on the American rugby blog. And after that, the Russian rugby website called this graphic "American version".
The special operation for the implementation of our draft Russian RWC 2027 bid was successful. Congratulations to all the participants in this special operation!

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 15:49

Which operation? Russia will bid, there is no operation. Rugby's media is irrelevant for the negociation inside WR. Most articles about T2 are basicaly too low level. People live in a fantasy world where stadiums size is used as an argument :roll: .
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:02

This is not an operation for World Rugby, but for the management of Russian Rugby. So that they submit the correct bid, and not another idiotic nonsense. Unfortunately, they have a lot of idiotic ideas that they have introduced or want to implement in our rugby (the fall-spring system, the expansion of the PRO league at the expense of the weak Vladivostok and Dinamo, the division of the PRO league into West and East ...). After the first messages about Russian bid, I saw some comments from Moscow that Krasnoyarsk was not needed in the RWC2027 bid. But I know their Moscow liberal mentality well. We call them semi-Russian. They are oriented towards the West. They are trying to imitate Europe and America, copy everything from there. So I came up with this special operation. They may not listen to me. Therefore, I launched my version of Russia's RWC2027 bid into the world. And now she returned to Russia as the "American version". And this is a very strong argument for the liberal Artemiev and others in the leadership of Russian Rugby. We beat them with a trick. Once again, thank you all for your participation. The operation took place at the top level!

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:23

What are you talking about? :lol:

ARN is just an amateur website (as it is made by passion, not money) that just likes to have fun creating articles about bids, because they realy want to prove T2s need to host it. They made this sort of aticle about everybody in he past years :lol: In all those years, Argentina NEVER made an official bid, for exemple, only studied the possibility and always withdrew, but according to ARN the RWC there was a must, almost certain. Like the expansion of Super Rugby for a zillion places.

This is not an "operation" :roll: :lol:

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:30

ARN doesn't separate what's news and what's opinion (and that's dangerous) and silly people that live in fantasy worlds buy opinion as facts.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:31

Now it's on Twitter I wonder if any YouTubers will pick up on it ;)

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:33

Probably, using stadiums size as arguments :roll:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:43

Rewind this topic a few pages back and you will see how this special operation began. When I asked thatrugbyguy to draw the Russia RWC2027 graphics. He drew it and then this graphics went on a free float on the Internet. The American blog published it. This was seen by the Russians from the rugger.info website and published. Fine! The operation achieved our goals. Artemiev and other leaders of the RUR reads rugger.info. For them, this is the "American version". And America = USA in their minds is the highest quality. This is their mentality.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:45

Now I'm impressed. Show the bigger plan on a toilet paper, please.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 16:52

This is how you have to convey the correct information so that it goes through our entire planet and returns to Russia as a foreign version. It's much easier than trying to explain to them in Russian. Sometimes it gets boring when you have to explain the obvious simple things 10-20 times. Simpler 1 time, but like the "Western version". This is much more efficient when working with RUR.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 17:06

There you are what happens when an amateur website doesn't use a proper method and don't split opinion from facts. People give credit to someone basicaly publshing for fun (because they publish other stuff, like news from the Americas rugby, that nbody else publishes in English). There you are, a dumb guy believing now this is a serious plan of something. It is a live experiment. Something silly becoming "real".

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 19:10

https://myrugby.ge/news/2849

"Russia's unofficial hosting model was recently announced by americasrugbynews.com"
:)

Next steps: The New Yorker and The Times

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 19:37

Now this graphics itself will expand further into the world media. This is how you can influence the processes without any means. Now you understand how it works. I constantly see how different Russian rugby officials and players speak the thoughts that I have promoted in different ways through the media. They even use my new terminology. This is an example of how one fan can influence the rugby community in a large country.
I have an idea to transport Cheetahs and Kings to Russia. With financial guarantees for 5 years. I’m already tired of arguing to write long comments on Russian sites on this topic. Can we repeat the special operation through the "Western media"?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 20:19

We might as well run with it now. I just shared the ARN article on r/rugbyunion :)

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 20:27

STMKY wrote:This is not an operation for World Rugby, but for the management of Russian Rugby. So that they submit the correct bid, and not another idiotic nonsense. Unfortunately, they have a lot of idiotic ideas that they have introduced or want to implement in our rugby (the fall-spring system, the expansion of the PRO league at the expense of the weak Vladivostok and Dinamo, the division of the PRO league into West and East ...). After the first messages about Russian bid, I saw some comments from Moscow that Krasnoyarsk was not needed in the RWC2027 bid. But I know their Moscow liberal mentality well. We call them semi-Russian. They are oriented towards the West. They are trying to imitate Europe and America, copy everything from there. So I came up with this special operation. They may not listen to me. Therefore, I launched my version of Russia's RWC2027 bid into the world. And now she returned to Russia as the "American version". And this is a very strong argument for the liberal Artemiev and others in the leadership of Russian Rugby. We beat them with a trick. Once again, thank you all for your participation. The operation took place at the top level!

You are completely wrong. Paul Tait ´s (ARN) mistake was not declaring the source of the russian alternative presented. He has explored possible alternatives for future RWC in Argentina, USA, Canada and USA+Canada. For each of them he proposed venues and stadiums to show the feasibility of RWC project in those countries.
The russian bid is free to present what they think is the best for the RWC and for the country.There are many possibilities.
Tait started some years ago to promote Argentina as a possible host for RWC, creating a blog with that purpose. If it would have been also an "operation", the result has been quite poor.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 23:42

I don't want to spoil the fun, but what model? This is not a model. I like the art and stuff, pretty cool, but this isn't any model. It is just a selection of stadiums, for fun. You can do it for North Korea if you want. It is useless for a serious report. To list stadiums is not a hosting model...

Paul Tait did a nice thing that was starting a buzz about having the RWC outside the T1s. Japan got it first, but Argentina never realy bid. He never did a proper study about viability, as he basicaly listed stadiums. I think we must recognise he did an important awareness job, but let's not mistake this with viability study. In Russian case, it is pointless now because as RUR already said they plan to host, they will soon or late publish a plan, if they were realy serious.

An "unoficial plan that is not a plan" can only create misinformation if published for a wider public.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Mon, 24 Aug 2020, 05:18

STMKY wrote:This is not an operation for World Rugby, but for the management of Russian Rugby. So that they submit the correct bid, and not another idiotic nonsense. Unfortunately, they have a lot of idiotic ideas that they have introduced or want to implement in our rugby (the fall-spring system, the expansion of the PRO league at the expense of the weak Vladivostok and Dinamo, the division of the PRO league into West and East ...). After the first messages about Russian bid, I saw some comments from Moscow that Krasnoyarsk was not needed in the RWC2027 bid. But I know their Moscow liberal mentality well. We call them semi-Russian. They are oriented towards the West. They are trying to imitate Europe and America, copy everything from there. So I came up with this special operation. They may not listen to me. Therefore, I launched my version of Russia's RWC2027 bid into the world. And now she returned to Russia as the "American version". And this is a very strong argument for the liberal Artemiev and others in the leadership of Russian Rugby. We beat them with a trick. Once again, thank you all for your participation. The operation took place at the top level!

Look, lets be honest, if the graphic didn't look good no-one would have really taken notice of it outside of Rugby Reddit and a few other rugby forums.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 24 Aug 2020, 05:35

Reddit is usually written by various idiots from LGBT. Lies about doping. But in fact, there is much less doping in Russia, because the control here is much stricter than in Britain. There, local sportsmen eat doping, WADA issues them with certificates that they can take it. WADA is a mafia structure ruled by the Anglo-Saxons.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 24 Aug 2020, 05:56

I propose a second special operation through the Western media. Cheetahs and Kings to Russia. The Russians are proposing a joint project to the South African Rugby Union if Cheetahs and Kings are excluded from PRO14. What do the Russians offer?
Cheetahs moves to Russia in the city of Saransk. There are ideal conditions for rugby. New stadium Mordovia Arena (44,000).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordovia_Arena
Three training centers and even an indoor arena for winter training. Cheetahs will be the main team of the entire region!
Salary cap 200 million rubles (~ 3m $) for 30-35 South African players + 10 young Russian players (U23) on loan + 5-6 coaches from South Africa.
Kings moving to Kaliningrad or Sochi. There are also new stadiums and training facilities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisht_Olympic_Stadium
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaliningrad_Stadium
Salary cap 100 million rubles (~ 1.5m $) for 30-35 South African players + 10 young Russian players (U23) on loan + 5-6 coaches from South Africa.
The organization of games, training camps, re-flights and other expenses are covered by the Russian Rugby Union. Funding guarantees for 5 years.
As you can see, this is not a complete relocation of teams to Russia, but a partial one. The remaining players will be able to play in the Currie Cup and other South African competitions. South African players after 5 years in Russia will also receive the right to play for the Russian national team. They will have two citizenships.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 24 Aug 2020, 14:05

Draw this on a toilet paper to use as source for "LGBT Western Media". Maybe you can convince another twelve years old idiot like you.

Seriously, can Russia export someone useful to the forum?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum