Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

2017-18 Continental Shield

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: 2017-18 Continental Shield

Postby victorsra » Wed, 02 Sep 2020, 17:21

Yes. The French were right. If the PRO14 and Premiership had cancelled the season, there wouldn't be further mess. The only tournament that I saw reason about finishing is the Champions Cup/Challenge Cup because there were only 3 rounds left.

I don't understand that either. I like the format of the Champions Cup, but I don't understand the Challenge Cup and I'm not happy no tier 2 teams were included. I would have liked to have seen Enisei or Krasny Yar and an Italian team or Bucuresti Wolves involved.

That only shows how the Challenge Cup isn't any profitable. If it were, it would be simple to have T2s.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Wed, 02 Sep 2020, 19:24

victorsra wrote:Yes. The French were right. If the PRO14 and Premiership had cancelled the season, there wouldn't be further mess. The only tournament that I saw reason about finishing is the Champions Cup/Challenge Cup because there were only 3 rounds left.

I don't understand that either. I like the format of the Champions Cup, but I don't understand the Challenge Cup and I'm not happy no tier 2 teams were included. I would have liked to have seen Enisei or Krasny Yar and an Italian team or Bucuresti Wolves involved.

That only shows how the Challenge Cup isn't any profitable. If it were, it would be simple to have T2s.

Having 16 teams in the Challenge Cup would be better. I wonder if they even approached tier 2 unions to check whether they're interested. In my opinion the Challenge Cup isn't particularly interesting. Add the Bucuresti Wolves in their new stadium and the number 1 Russian team and the competition becomes much more interesting.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 02 Sep 2020, 21:43

Russia apart, I believe the other simply didn't have the money (specialy now with the pandemics).
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum