Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

REC Playoff: Germany v Portugal 15th June 2019

Re: REC Playoff: Germany v Portugal 15th June 2019

Postby Raven » Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 09:32

I don´t understand the point of comparing Germany´s flop to Brazil´s "less glamorous" present. But to each its own.

IMO "talks of fielding 2 franchises" which right now are hot air and comparing it to Heidelberg´s tangibe achievement is a bit much, the latter were only paperwork away of playing established Premiership / Top14 / Pro14 sides. Probably would have been thrashed week in week out but would have been a milestone and a massive breakthrough in Germany´s sport culture.
Unlike Germany, Brazil might have a bad season, but they won´t be relegated from the ARC (not yet at least) nor will they lose their status as 3rd South American hotbed. Chile, Paraguay, Colombia are not close enough to overtake them any time soon.

Just to return to the actual thread topic, I don´t remember, is the promotion/relegation Play Off played after the first REC / RET year or it´s after 2 years in the division? I am by no means saying Germany will top the RET, by the looks of it it might take time, but to be clear on the rules as I don´t seem to recall how it was.

Postby Rugby7 » Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 09:58

Raven wrote:Just to return to the actual thread topic, I don´t remember, is the promotion/relegation Play Off played after the first REC / RET year or it´s after 2 years in the division? I am by no means saying Germany will top the RET, by the looks of it it might take time, but to be clear on the rules as I don´t seem to recall how it was.
Promotion/relegation Play Off is played every year.
2018 Play Off was http://rugbyeurope.eu/play-championship-v-trophy

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 15:05

I am comparing countries because we are talking about two teams that grew recently suggesting a boom, but with very unstable foundations and poor grassroots work. It is pretty obvious that countries that perform so bad in U20s tend to have serious issues of keeping growing, soon or late, in the first troubles. Although different, Germany and Brazil are paradigms of a UNsustainable development.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum