Re: Rugby Europe International Championships 2019-2020

Postby Canalina » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 09:19

But meanwhile the november REC dates re-disappeared from RE website

https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... eic-men-xv

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 09:32

If Romania beats Belgium and Belgium gets a bonus point, then Russia will play against Netherlands.

Romania 9
Belgium 8
Russia 8

Personal meeting - victory for Belgium.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 09:50

Vova12 wrote:If Romania beats Belgium and Belgium gets a bonus point, then Russia will play against Netherlands.

Romania 9
Belgium 8
Russia 8.

This is the most likely outcome in my opinion.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 09:53

A bonus point by Belgium away from home with players that haven't played a game for months and a new head coach is the most likely outcome? Really?

Let's remember last results:
- Belgium 17 - 43 Romania
- Romania 62 - 12 Belgium
- Belgium 17 - 33 Romania
- Romania 29 - 10 Belgium
- Belgium 14 - 32 Romania

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 10:00

Armchair Fan wrote:A bonus point by Belgium away from home with players that haven't played a game for months and a new head coach is the most likely outcome? Really?

Let's remember last results:
- Belgium 17 - 43 Romania
- Romania 62 - 12 Belgium
- Belgium 17 - 33 Romania
- Romania 29 - 10 Belgium
- Belgium 14 - 32 Romania

The Belgian team is mostly French professionals. They will have been back playing for 2 months.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 10:22

"Professionals". Many are in Fédérale, which is a huge mess right now, with dozens of positive tests because you simply cannot guarantee bubbles in semipro leagues.

I'm not optimistic, neither for REC games being played nor the competitiveness of teams.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 10:55

I think too that Romania is favored and that the most probable scenario is a play-off between Belgium and Ned.

Romanian Superliga is playing the play-off just in these weeks and I suppose the most of the Romanian national team is playing in the national championship.
This surprises me a bit: Romanian economy should be relatively weak, at least as far as I know, and their championship seems not attracting a lot of fans, according to the images I've seen in the past years, but despite all that they've several austral players in the championship (Saf, Nze, Fij, Ton) and, if I'm not wrong, most of the national team players are in SuperLiga, while most of the Georgian national team players went abroad

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 08 Sep 2020, 12:00

Canalina you're not wrong. The current squad shown on Wikipedia is made up of:
Timisoara 12
Steaua. 10
Baia Mare. 5
Other Superliga teams 4
France 2

In my opinion the advantage Romania has is having most of its players concentrated in 3 domestic teams, so there is plenty of opportunity to train together.

The downside is these teams mostly play eachother, and the other 3 Superliga teams which are quite weak opposition. They don't often play stronger teams. I don't see how these players are being challenged until it comes to Internationals. Georgian players and Belgian players play in competitive leagues and they are under constant pressure to perform. I think it's quite important to get the Kontinental Rugby Liga up and running next year, or to reform the Bucuresti Wolves and play in the European Challenge Cup. These players need to be able to play at a higher standard when required.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 10 Sep 2020, 11:40

RE publicly confirmed the REC last round dates, the ones already posted by Flidta Risxva

https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/dates-confir ... hampionshi

https://www.facebook.com/rugbyeurope/

Also the dates of the two last Women Championship games appeared in the website (24 and 31 october, as we already knew), while the dates of the last three men's Trophy games and the destiny of the men's and women's 7s championship are still missing

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 15:03

Rugby Europe took the last decisions about the season 2019/20

Ukraine v Germany and Germany v Lithuania are called off and recorded with the 0-0 result
Poland v Ukraine, the last remaining RET match, is confirmed on October 10
https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions ... eic-men-xv

According to rugger.info, which mentions an official communication, the Euro 7s are cancelled
https://rugger.info/news/35884

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby Grzegorz B. » Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 06:58

Grzegorz B. wrote:However, there is a date for the game Poland-Lithuania for the next season: 28.11. And Germany-Poland perhaps 31.10, but this one is not sure.

After changes of host designation in RET 2020/2021 - two fixtures in autumn (very likely, but not 100% sure yet, of course):
Ukraine - Poland 31.10, Lviv
Poland - Switzerland 28.11, Siedlce

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 09:49

Chester-Donnelly wrote:Canalina you're not wrong. The current squad shown on Wikipedia is made up of:
Timisoara 12
Steaua. 10
Baia Mare. 5
Other Superliga teams 4
France 2

In my opinion the advantage Romania has is having most of its players concentrated in 3 domestic teams, so there is plenty of opportunity to train together.

The downside is these teams mostly play eachother, and the other 3 Superliga teams which are quite weak opposition. They don't often play stronger teams. I don't see how these players are being challenged until it comes to Internationals. Georgian players and Belgian players play in competitive leagues and they are under constant pressure to perform. I think it's quite important to get the Kontinental Rugby Liga up and running next year, or to reform the Bucuresti Wolves and play in the European Challenge Cup. These players need to be able to play at a higher standard when required.

Dont take your info from Wikipedia, we have much more players abroad.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 10:23

Bogdan_DC wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:Canalina you're not wrong. The current squad shown on Wikipedia is made up of:
Timisoara 12
Steaua. 10
Baia Mare. 5
Other Superliga teams 4
France 2

Who are the Romanian players abroad, what position do they play, and what clubs do they play for, please?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 10:39

Chester-Donnelly wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:
Timisoara 12
Steaua. 10
Baia Mare. 5
Other Superliga teams 4
France 2

Who are the Romanian players abroad, what position do they play, and what clubs do they play for, please?

Im not your personal Google but: Ursachex2, Badiu, Macovei, Gorcioaia, Antonescu, Motoc, Iftimciuc, Gordas,Ilisescu, Ciorascu, Nistor, Chirica, Onutu,Tomascu, Burtila (France- from Top14 to F1)+ espoirs players like Gontineac,Staicu,Dinu etc + Maliepo in MLR+ Tarus at Zebre and probably many more.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 21 Sep 2020, 04:19

Sweden national team resumes the training activity with four or five daily/bi-daily stages in september, october and november.
They have a possible match (status and opponent unknown) in the 14/15 november weekend.
And, yes, they have two georgians in the list: every RE nation must have, by law, at least a georgian player in the national team :)

https://iof3.idrottonline.se/globalasse ... 919-20.jpg

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby Grzegorz B. » Mon, 21 Sep 2020, 06:09

2020/2021 RET Switzerland - Lithuania: 14 november - https://www.facebook.com/events/1456840841186843/

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 25 Sep 2020, 06:33

Poland v Ukraine will be refereed by a russian trio
https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/2019-20-reic ... vs-ukraine

Unfortunately the other pages of the RE fixtures give an "error" response so we can't see who is going to referee the other already fixed games

Germany: Mark Kuhlmann is the new national team head coach. (from totalrugby.de)
Kuhlmann succeeds the coaching duo Byron Schmidt and Melvine Smith, who, due to professional changes, could not provide a reliable permanent solution. Kuhlmann, 51-year-old, made 48 international appearances for the DRV and was also the captain for a long time. In addition, he was an assistant coach under Rudolf Finsterer on the national team between 2006 and 2009.
The aim is now to complete the coaching staff around Mark Kuhlmann. Lars Eckert has already agreed as assistant coach, who will increasingly focus on the back line. Eckert himself was a long-time national player and was active at RK 03 Berlin and SC Neuenheim, where he was most recently the Bundesliga coach. As team manager, Alexander Widiker will remain with the national team for the logistical tasks. In addition, Colin Grzanna will continue to take care of physical development and medical issues. Another assistant coach, who is increasingly taking care of the storm game, will soon complete the staff.
The next course is planned for the team from October 8th to 11th. A test match against the Netherlands is to take place away from October 29 to November 1, before the meeting with Switzerland on November 21 as part of the Rugby Europe Trophy. However, all these dates are still subject to development and the associated measures to cope with the corona pandemic.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum