Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

New world calendar

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: New world calendar

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Mon, 25 May 2020, 17:42

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:I'm not going to watch biathlon and ski jumping. I need an England or Great Britain team in an annual closed shop round robin team sports championship in February/March so I have something to look forward to in January, something I can talk about it with my friends.

Looks like we are making at least some progress here in understanding the human beings located on islands in the rain. Why exactly do you think it needs to be closed shop? I mean, if you haven't managed to put everyone else successfully down for 100 years or so to remain the status quo, a closed shop will always be a sub-par competition.

Having had time to mull it over, I am open to the idea of moving the Six Nations to March. Great Britain is in the top division of the World Championships, and there is a semi pro ice hockey team in my town. January and February can be ice hockey season. I need to expand my outlook.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Mon, 25 May 2020, 19:41

Ice hockey already has its own very busy calendar...

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Mon, 25 May 2020, 21:08

vino_93 wrote:Ice hockey already has its own very busy calendar...

I am sure it does. I am trying to figure out what that is. In England, February is already the number one month to watch ice hockey apparently.

http://hockey.sigmagfx.com/compseason/eihl/1819

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:54

Chester-Donnelly wrote:

I am sure it does. I am trying to figure out what that is. In England, February is already the number one month to watch ice hockey apparently.

Champions Hockey League (slowly starting to become more than a pre-season-tournament) starts end of august. Then the various national seasons kick in. Playoffs are starting IN March, finals are played until end of April /beginning of Mai, then there are the annual World Championships in various devisions from beginning of May to end of May.
This calendar with small variations goes for every pro ice-hockey-league (including the KHL) with the only exception being the NHL, which plays from October until Mid June.

I think everyone likes team likes GB being in the top group. Everyone loves exotic teams :D

Btw any idea why the Sheffield Steelers and Nottingham Panthers draw such a big attendance with average 6100 and 5800? That's very respectable considering that the German DEL is the third most watched hockey-league with an average of 6400.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:04

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Chester-Donnelly wrote:

Champions Hockey League (slowly starting to become more than a pre-season-tournament) starts end of august. Then the various national seasons kick in. Playoffs are starting IN March, finals are played until end of April /beginning of Mai, then there are the annual World Championships in various devisions from beginning of May to end of May.
This calendar with small variations goes for every pro ice-hockey-league (including the KHL) with the only exception being the NHL, which plays from October until Mid June.

I think everyone likes team likes GB being in the top group. Everyone loves exotic teams :D

Btw any idea why the Sheffield Steelers and Nottingham Panthers draw such a big attendance with average 6100 and 5800? That's very respectable considering that the German DEL is the third most watched hockey-league with an average of 6400.

Sheffield has a really strong sporting culture in lots of sports and excellent facilities. The Sheffield Steelers play at the Sheffield Arena which is one of the best indoor arenas in the country. The Stanley Cup was made in Sheffield so there is a link there. Britain's national ice centre is in Nottingham. And it is the birthplace of Britain's only famous ice skaters, Torvill and Dean.

Most British cities don't have very good indoor arenas or ice skating facilites.

So I would put it down to history and facilities, but the cities themselves deserve credit for investing in those facilities. I think it does show that there is potential for ice hockey to be one of Britain's big sports but it would take a lot of investment.

I have also heard that KHL are looking at adding a London team, based at the O2 Arena. That would be awesome.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:57

STMKY wrote:For the Russian team this is a very good change. But it is not known how this will affect the club calendar. You know that on the advice of Lin Jones, Artemyev wanted to transfer the championship to the fall-spring system. I have been explaining to them for many months that in our climate this is complete nonsense. What the season in the Premier League might look like under the new system. Start of the season in July, then August and September. Mega break inside the season from October to April. End of season in May and June. How do you like this trash?

What I was afraid of happened. Amayzing morons! We have the expression "There is money - no mind." Ideal for rugby officials in Russia. Cargo Cult in Russian Rugby. They, like popuases, listened to Welsh Lyn Jones, a white "smart" man. They made an autumn-spring system like in Europe. But look how it will look in our climate.
The start of the Premier League on June 19.
The end of the Premier League on August 27.
1 and 2 places directly get into the semi-final.
3-6 places play the quarter-finals in early October.
Semifinals and finals in late April and May 2021 !!!

That is, a break inside one championship of the country is 7-8 months for different teams. Have you heard of such precedents? I have a request to all participants of our forum. Write 1-2 sentences of your feelings after you have learned the new structure of the Russian Premier League. Profanity from your native languages ​​is encouraged. I’ll translate all this and publish it on the most famous rugby portal of Russia, so that all officials of the FRR read what they think about them in the rugby world community.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 26 May 2020, 13:13

What the hell? Finish your season with your finals. You can start with your season with something fun like league winner vs cup winner, which is what English football does. Premier league champion vs FA Cup winner. But don't start your season with last season's final.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 26 May 2020, 13:19

Illustration of same thing that happened in Russian football.
Big money not earned does not add to mind of management ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 26 May 2020, 13:36

Yes, I understand your surprise. It does not fit in a normal head. These people have a clearly distorted consciousness. Vova, your comment will also be used for translation.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:17

It would be much more interesting if two separate tournaments over a single leg were held, like in some South American football leagues.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:26

They don’t have enough brains to do something smart themselves. They did saw the plane (Top-14, Premiership and PRO14) and made a copy of it at home. Season according to the European autumn-spring system. They think they are very smart. But from the side it looks like this:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 May 2020, 12:53

What other opinions about the new calendar of the Russian Premier League? Please do not be shy in the expressions. Write everything you think. It is possible with bullying.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:29

STMKY wrote:What other opinions about the new calendar of the Russian Premier League? Please do not be shy in the expressions. Write everything you think. It is possible with bullying.

Russians and Romanians need to work together on this. KRL needs to be at a time that suits both countries.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 May 2020, 15:44

I won’t be surprised if our idiots do KRL in the winter. And all matches will be without spectators in neutral territory. Let's say in Sochi. They can. They have special brains.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Wed, 27 May 2020, 15:53

STMKY wrote:I won’t be surprised if our idiots do KRL in the winter. And all matches will be without spectators in neutral territory. Let's say in Sochi. They can. They have special brains.

KRL should be the jewel in the crown. It should be the Premier Club Rugby Championship of Central / Eastern Europe / Eurasia. My hope is that in time Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland and Latvia all enter teams. I think just after REC or the end of the summer would be the best time to hold it. Not in the winter.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Wed, 27 May 2020, 16:06

After changes in the international calendar, the club's warm season in Russia was reduced to 22 weeks. From the end of April to September. This is not enough even for the games of the Premier League and the Cup of Russia. I think that KRL can be forgotten.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Wed, 27 May 2020, 16:19

STMKY wrote:After changes in the international calendar, the club's warm season in Russia was reduced to 22 weeks. From the end of April to September. This is not enough even for the games of the Premier League and the Cup of Russia. I think that KRL can be forgotten.

In that case Germany and its neighbours should start its own KRL.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby Pedro1 » Fri, 29 May 2020, 08:17

STMKY wrote:After changes in the international calendar, the club's warm season in Russia was reduced to 22 weeks. From the end of April to September. This is not enough even for the games of the Premier League and the Cup of Russia. I think that KRL can be forgotten.

22 weeks is enough to squeeze in an elite competition. 10 teams playing home and away with semi-finals and finals. Pre-season can be done mostly indoors(not ideal). Or you could do conferences (which makes sense considering how big Russia, and the timezones), 16 teams split into 2 conferences and that gives you a better pre-season.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Fri, 29 May 2020, 09:08

Why play indoors? In Russia, the warm time for rugby is 7-8 months. But as you know, the international calendar has changed. The window for club games will be 22 weeks from mid-April to September. Theoretically, you can start playing in early April without the players of the Russian team. Then it will be 24-25 weeks.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Chester-Donnelly » Fri, 29 May 2020, 10:28

Yes realistically just the right amount of time for the Premier League. KRL was a nice idea but I don't see where it fits in now. EU countries should come up with their own elite tournament.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum