Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Rugby Europe International Championships 2020-2021

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Rugby Europe International Championships 2020-2021

Postby amz » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 16:30

GeoRugby wrote:You don't even begin to understand what it means for a Georgian player to put on a Lelos shirt, do you? It is really not the same as a French citizen putting on a shirt of Spain.

I presume is similar for all players who put their national shirt on, it's not like the Lelos one is more special than others. Sure, some players may not be completely loyal being non-citizen but this is an uncalled statement that might offend others who put their national shirt on and cannot be an excuse for any foul play. Player's welfare is a core principle.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 16:37

amz wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:You don't even begin to understand what it means for a Georgian player to put on a Lelos shirt, do you? It is really not the same as a French citizen putting on a shirt of Spain.

I presume is similar for all players who put their national shirt on, it's not like the Lelos one is more special than others. Sure, some players may not be completely loyal being non-citizen but this is an uncalled statement that might offend others who put their national shirt on and cannot be an excuse for any foul play. Player's welfare is a core principle.

Suggesting that a player intentionally takes a red card to gain some imaginary advantage for his team or injures someone on purpose is something that might offend a player that puts on his country's national shirt and is uncalled for.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 16:39

GeoRugby wrote:
amz wrote:

Suggesting that a player injures someone on purpose is something that might offend a player that puts on his country's national shirt and is uncalled for.

Why? Deliberate foul play is recognized by disciplinary regulation. Also Armchair suggest an intention to intimidate which lead to a pretty nasty concussion in this case.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 16:50

It may be offensive but it happens. I actually think it was the case with our red card in Romania: unattached player who doesn't fear a long ban, victim of foul play in the first half looking for revenge, helped by captain to successfully hit the victim...

It may sound ugly, I don't like it, but this is the real world.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 16:56

Why? Deliberate foul play is recognized by disciplinary regulation.

Mamukashvili justly received a red card.

Also Armchair suggest an intention to intimidate which lead to a pretty nasty concussion in this case.

What Armchair and you suggest is uncalled for and quiet frankly you both sound sour.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby zgs » Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 21:23

amz wrote
Having watched the match again, I am staring to Mamukashvili foul play and I wonder how a player with his experience did that. Maybe it was a deliberate strategy to try to take out opposition's best players?

I’m amazed by your research and brilliant conclusions! Bravo! :thumbup:
Finally, I understood how Georgians are neutralizing stars like Melinte. Moreover, I suspect that Mamukashvili was not acting alone, and this was well organized group action. Tabutsadze and Sharikadze were participants of this brutal plan and they deserve some punishment. Instead of tackling , they deliberately let/pushed Melinte to run in a trap, where bloody hooker was waiting for him. :lol:

Postby Batti » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 06:27

amz wrote:Quercy's sanction is lenient, should have been a high end or at least don't accept a mitigation with that sanction record. Yet what they achieved so far?

I can't find any info about this. How long has he been suspended ?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 06:35

Batti wrote:
amz wrote:Quercy's sanction is lenient, should have been a high end or at least don't accept a mitigation with that sanction record. Yet what they achieved so far?

6 weeks

https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/news/discipl ... eek-3-rec/

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 07:00

Batti wrote:

6 weeks
https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/the-game/discipline/
not sure how he got full mitigation.

zgs wrote:I’m amazed by your research and brilliant conclusions! Bravo! :thumbup:
Finally, I understood how Georgians are neutralizing stars like Melinte. Moreover, I suspect that Mamukashvili was not acting alone, and this was well organized group action. Tabutsadze and Sharikadze were participants of this brutal plan and they deserve some punishment. Instead of tackling , they deliberately let/pushed Melinte to run in a trap, where bloody hooker was waiting for him. :lol:

Well, Melinte scored the decisive try vs Spain last year, scored the winning points vs Portugal and the decisive try vs Spain this year. It appears he is developing a habit. Not a star but he's coming along nicely, at least for REC level.

As for Mamukashvili , see 4.5.2.
https://www.rugbyeurope.eu/media/0o4btu ... s-2020.pdf

Before the contact he have only his right hand raised to the face level of attacker with the left hand not in position to wrap the attacker, . R15 does not lower his position to make it worse for him. G2 raise his left arm in an attempt to wrap only after the contact. Defending player see the opposite player all the time, he doesn't lose visual contact. Now who charge opposition players while waving a forearm at the head level ? So it's legitimate to ask yourself if it was reckless or deliberate because he realize he couldn't stop the attacker.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 11:52

So it's legitimate to ask yourself if it was reckless or deliberate because he realize he couldn't stop the attacker.

Something tells me you'll be busy asking yourself this question for a while.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 13:31

Who said the Antim Brawl is dead? :P

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 18:09

GeoRugby wrote:
So it's legitimate to ask yourself if it was reckless or deliberate because he realize he couldn't stop the attacker.

Actually I wouldn't have spent more time on time on it after I re-watched the game and wrote my thoughts after but you felt the need to keep a lecture about the pride to wear a shirt as other countries did not feel it.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 18:49

amz wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:

Actually I wouldn't have spent more time on time on it after I re-watched the game and wrote my thoughts after but you felt the need to keep a lecture about the pride to wear a shirt as other countries did not feel it.

You are rambling at this point. :roll:

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 08 Apr 2021, 18:08

The replay of Georgia v Romania 2020 is "live" now on Rugby Europe's youtube channel. Well, I think it has not so much sense considering that the replay is always available on Rugby Europe website, but, ok, it's anyway an other way to attract more attention

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Thu, 08 Apr 2021, 18:13

It's just an excuse to fill little by little their YouTube channel while raising awareness that it exists.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 19:21

AMZ
"Having watched the match again, I am staring to Mamukashvili foul play and I wonder how a player with his experience did that. Maybe it was a deliberate strategy to try to take out opposition's best players?"

I found about this post in other forum. And i alteady knew whos briliant head would write this. Hello old friend.

Do u really think Mamukashvili planned to take a red card on 20th min? You overestimate Melintes worth.
Be realistic Georgia beat Romania with 14 men when they r in worst shape since 2018.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 05:25

Just to show how the level of some national championships in Europe seems still basic: sometime in facebook the details of an Hungarian national championship match appear to me and often they are like the ones here under, with a team lining 21 players (instead of a maximum of 23) and the other team just 18. The one of this game should be the top local championship (NB = nemzeti bajnoksag = national championship) and the Gorillak should be more or less the 5th best team of the nation

https://scontent.fblq3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=60972802

Scrolling the Hungarian federation facebook I see that a club in second category (Nemzeti Bajnoksag II) lined-up one time 15 players and one time 14 players

A map with the rugby cities in Hungary
http://mrgsz.hu/hu/klubok

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 07:24

JIKI of Gori will play with 15 volunteers today
http://vue.ge/OQMEBI/NIKO/2021_0411_D10_77_JIK-LEL.htm
and lose by 100+ again

They just keep playing to get 700K GEL state funding per annum

:::

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby sammo » Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 09:27

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:JIKI of Gori will play with 15 volunteers today
http://vue.ge/OQMEBI/NIKO/2021_0411_D10_77_JIK-LEL.htm
and lose by 100+ again

They just keep playing to get 700K GEL state funding per annum

This may already have been covered, but why are they playing with volunteers?

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 17:31

'cause original squad have left in acrimony

check http://vue.ge/OQMEBI/NIKO/2021_0411_D10_77_JIK-LEL.htm = now post-game

arrived with 13 men
wings played as flankers
prop, lock and flanker retired -- @ 57' 59' 30' respectively
@ 62' both teams agreed to stop this nonsense

and pls check this >> http://vue.ge/SMART.htm

FIVE bloody competitive games and this single fluke over weekend