Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgian Rugby Clubs

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Georgian Rugby Clubs

Postby Neverbland » Thu, 04 Feb 2021, 12:11

Hi.. I'm living in Tbilisi and was hoping to find a club to train with. I'm, shall we say, past my prime so I don't expect to break into any first team but was hoping someone could recommend a club that is open to foreigners and has a good vibe. გმადლობთ

National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Georgian Rugby Clubs

Postby sammo » Thu, 04 Feb 2021, 17:50

Giving this a bump as I directed this guy here from elsewhere... can anyone help?

Georugby?
Datodato?
FLIDTA RISXVA?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 04 Feb 2021, 18:14

Sorry. I just don't know.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Fri, 05 Feb 2021, 07:00

Devebi = unfortunately, almost SOLE social rugby club nowadays

Call Iralki 599 320 100 or Zuka 599 20 00 07

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby ferrari1000 » Fri, 05 Feb 2021, 07:04

Neverbland wrote:Hi.. I'm living in Tbilisi and was hoping to find a club to train with. I'm, shall we say, past my prime so I don't expect to break into any first team but was hoping someone could recommend a club that is open to foreigners and has a good vibe. გმადლობთ

Hi mate, your best bet is Devebi https://www.facebook.com/devebi.
It is a first amateur club in Georgia, I play here and I love the vibe. We have had many foreign players from all over the world (Australian, Irish, English, Spanish, Italian, Azerbaijanian and so on). Currently, we do have one but he is back in England for some time.
We usually start training at like 9:30 (at Plato rugby arena), because most of us have work or are full time students. However, due to the curfew we start at 7 (the ones who can make it at that time) at Vake park (which is now also closed for renovation :D) but on weekends we train at Plato rugby if we don't have a game. This Covid restrictions have hit us hard, our on pitch results have dropped significantly, but most importantly the off pitch game has as well, in which we usually excel at :lol: Some restrictions will be lifted this month, so hopefully we can get back on track in the spring.
We will be happy if you can join us. Message us on the facebook or send me a PM here and I will answer all of your questions. I can also get you in touch with our current/ex foreign players who can tell you about their experience with Devebi.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby Neverbland » Fri, 05 Feb 2021, 07:33

Hi.. thanks for your response. This sounds perfect for me, I actually live in Vake too so I have no excuses! I will message through facebook and see if I can get along to a session!

Return to Rugby Forum