20. Giorgi Tkhilaishvili (Batumi) - 57 caps

21. Gela Aprasidze (Montpellier) - 25 caps
22. Giorgi Kveseladze (Armazi Marneuli) - 24 caps
23. Tamaz Mchedlidze (Rouen)- 57 caps

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Georgia (Lelos)

Postby Scoob » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 01:14

So the Georgians had a bad loss to the Scots.
First game in ages,and the only Georgians playing regularly in top 14 are the props,so cant expect much.
There needs to be a comp for the top domestic players to get them up to speed with these pro 6 nations outfits. Russia may have something building for that,which can only be better for what is happening now. Amateurs against Pros right now.
I been watching as few replays of the Didi games,and there is talent there as Georgia has shown in international age grade teams.
Young backline players like Luka Matkava,Lasha Lomidze,Temur Kokhadze. show huge promise,just need competition and coaches to harness those skills.
Even the age group teams show great speed and skill. I Watched the Lelo Poti under 18 replay. It was a great game of commitment and skill. The Big tall Lelo fullback was amazing with his pace and power. Not sure his name as P.D.V was to large to translate. But these are the sort of players that Georgia need to invest in,and find a pathway for there rugby future.

National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Postby ZUKER » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 10:37

Scoob wrote:So the Georgians had a bad loss to the Scots.
First game in ages,and the only Georgians playing regularly in top 14 are the props,so cant expect much.
There needs to be a comp for the top domestic players to get them up to speed with these pro 6 nations outfits. Russia may have something building for that,which can only be better for what is happening now. Amateurs against Pros right now.
I been watching as few replays of the Didi games,and there is talent there as Georgia has shown in international age grade teams.
Young backline players like Luka Matkava,Lasha Lomidze,Temur Kokhadze. show huge promise,just need competition and coaches to harness those skills.
Even the age group teams show great speed and skill. I Watched the Lelo Poti under 18 replay. It was a great game of commitment and skill. The Big tall Lelo fullback was amazing with his pace and power. Not sure his name as P.D.V was to large to translate. But these are the sort of players that Georgia need to invest in,and find a pathway for there rugby future.

Not only props who are playing regularly. 3d line as well as 9 and 10. I would say it was the TOP squad for Lelos apart of Mikautadze

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby ferrari1000 » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 10:32

Scoob wrote: I Watched the Lelo Poti under 18 replay.

It still amazes me that u watch Georgian A/B league games :shock: :thumbup:

ZUKER wrote: Not only props who are playing regularly. 3d line as well as 9 and 10. I would say it was the TOP squad for Lelos apart of Mikautadze

In their respective clubs props do have regular game time (Gigashvili - 315 min, Meliqidze - 200, Nariashvili -171, Kaulashvili - 159, Gogichashvili - 91) and Lobzhanidze does too (230 min). However, Abzhandadze (22 min) and Backrow do not (only one with descent game time under his belt is Saghinadze - 270, others haven't played that much Giorgadze - 116, Gorgadze - 106, Jalaghonia -18, Iasaghashvili - 0, Tkhilaishvili - 0).
Moreover, only player with some game time in the second row is Javakhia (226 min, others have not played AT ALL in last 8 months, except Mikautadze who is not in the squad played 22 min this weekend).
The rest of the players haven't played much either, in fact, players who play in DIDI 10 haven't played in last 8 months at all!

The big issue with this game was that we were dominated by the Scotland's pack. Although, we did all right in the scrum and well in the lineout, they completely destroyed as in the collisions, contact area, rucks and mauls.
While Scotland's forwards are objectively significantly better, the difference between packs performance was amplified by the lack of game time and team's training time (Georgian team only had 2/3 full sessions with the whole pack in it).
I do think that these forwards can and will improve but its hard to say how fast or how far can they go.

There were many negatives in this game (for instance the fact that the planet Mars and Georgia have the same amount of descent fullbacks right now, lack of leaders in the pack and many others in addition to what I have already mentioned before), but there were some positives too. The break due to pandemic has treated Nariashvili well, he is gaining back his top form; Shariqadze injuries are gone and he is starting to play some descent rugby again; Tabutsadze was solid in defense and showed some attacking threat as well; Lobzhanidze is showing some TOP 14 game time class.

Georgian teams performance will probably stay similar for the next two games but hopefully its gonna get better for the last two.

P.S Game time source is a Georgian forum user Jora84.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 17:20

Although, we did all right in the scrum and well in the lineout, they completely destroyed as in the collisions, contact area,

Contrasting styles. Scottish forwards already in mid run before they receive the ball and go through Georgian deference like knife through butter. Georgian forward receives a ball, thinks for a second what to do with it, gently steps forward, gets greeted and pushed back couple of meters. Same in maul. I miss Mamuka and Vito.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 17:38

Scoob wrote:The Big tall Lelo fullback was amazing with his pace and power. Not sure his name as P.D.V was to large to translate. But these are the sort of players that Georgia need to invest in,and find a pathway for there rugby future.

I think you talk about Luka Khorbaladze

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Scoob » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 06:25

Scoob wrote:
The Big tall Lelo fullback was amazing with his pace and power. Not sure his name as P.D.V was to large to translate. But these are the sort of players that Georgia need to invest in,and find a pathway for there rugby future.

I think you talk about Luka Khorbaladze

Thanks,if thats his name,yes very good player.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby honestly_united » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 15:03

For me the issue was the the Georgians didn't hold on to the ball long enough, it was 2 or 3 phases then either lost it or panic and kicked it down field / into touch.

As was said above no one taking the ball at pace, meant they were going backwards most of the time - hopefully though there will be an improvement as the games in autumn continue

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 31 Oct 2020, 05:48

The LELOS of GEORGIA
35-strong squad for "Autumn Nations Cup" 2020

http://vue.ge/2020-2021/RVA-ERI/RVA-SQUAD.htm

:::

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Rebus » Sat, 31 Oct 2020, 06:20

honestly_united wrote:For me the issue was the the Georgians didn't hold on to the ball long enough, it was 2 or 3 phases then either lost it or panic and kicked it down field / into touch.

As was said above no one taking the ball at pace, meant they were going backwards most of the time - hopefully though there will be an improvement as the games in autumn continue

Didnt think Scotland looked particularly good during the game, , but they had the benefit of more game time this season and the varierty of players to offer something different. Georgia looked a bit one dimensional as well as not being match sharp.
One thing that stood out for me whenever I have watched Georgia is the lack of variety in their game. Perhaps in the Rugby Europe Championship, they can bully and bulldoze their way to wins , but they need to find other ways to win matches.
Hopefully, they can continue to get games against Tier 1 nations on a regular basis to assist the evolution of their game

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum