Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Portuguese Rugby

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Portuguese Rugby

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 12 Jun 2020, 14:07

suofficer wrote:Diogo Ferreira to Dijon in Federale 1

Portugal is building a strong fully pro pack. Knowing their backs, REC should be afraid!I mean be afraid for the top position of the Championship.
Also espoirs teams from France are getting more &more Portuguese players.
Lagisquet looks like is more than a trainer for Portugal.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Fri, 12 Jun 2020, 14:59

agreed. his effect is bit further reaching than previous coaches.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby EnGdoPau » Fri, 12 Jun 2020, 21:15

Bogdan_DC wrote:
suofficer wrote:Diogo Ferreira to Dijon in Federale 1

Portugal is building a strong fully pro pack. Knowing their backs, REC should be afraid!I mean be afraid for the top position of the Championship.
Also espoirs teams from France are getting more &more Portuguese players.
Lagisquet looks like is more than a trainer for Portugal.

Can you tell me which players are going to French espoirs teams?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 01 Jul 2020, 09:13

Jose Madeira from Belenenses (Por) to Grenoble (Fra)

Celso Mateus ( Por U20) from Prades (Fra) to Carcassonne Espoirs (Fra)

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 09 Sep 2020, 10:47

So, I think Jake Pope of Sale , who is serving a cocaine ban is playing with Cascais this year. I stress think because the only evidence I have is that I saw him on the beach with a couple of Cascais players and he is friends with Diogo Ferreira from their time at Sale together who is a product of cascais

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 09 Sep 2020, 12:02

suofficer wrote:So, I think Jake Pope of Sale , who is serving a cocaine ban is playing with Cascais this year. I stress think because the only evidence I have is that I saw him on the beach with a couple of Cascais players and he is friends with Diogo Ferreira from their time at Sale together who is a product of cascais

if he is banned, this encompass entire rugby world, he's not allowed to play. Cascais could be subject to penalties ...

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 09 Sep 2020, 13:10

An RFU ban doesn't apply outside of England

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 09 Sep 2020, 13:51

suofficer wrote:An RFU ban doesn't apply outside of England

Yes it does, it's applied world wide which is also true for a Portugues RU ban. Foul play and doping bans apply world wide. There's no exception. Player and club are liable, regardless of border.

on foul play

https://www.worldrugby.org/wr-resources ... on17_1.pdf

All participants in the Game shall by means of their participation recognise
and agree to be bound by this Regulation including the core principle of
universality which means that Players who are suspended at any level of
the Game shall have their suspension recognised and applied at all levels
of the Game and in the territories of all Unions and Associations.

To resume it for you, if you are banned in Sri Lanka, by Sri Lankan RU and you want to play during the ban in any other country, at any official level, regardless if it's professional or not, in England or Canada, you are breaching the regulations. Same for doping. A ban in rugby is universal, same for doping but issued by WADA.

on doping:

Regulation 21
https://www.world.rugby/handbook/regula ... 21?lang=en

21.10.12.1 Prohibition Against Participation During Ineligibility

No Player or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in a Competition or activity (other than authorized anti-doping education or rehabilitation programmes) authorised or organised by World Rugby or any Member Union, Association or a Club, Rugby Body or other member organisation of World Rugby or any Association or Member Union, or in Competitions authorised or organised by any professional league or any international- or national-level Event organisation or any elite or national-level sporting activity funded by a governmental agency.

A Player or other Person subject to a period of Ineligibility longer than four years may, after completing four years of the period of Ineligibility, participate as a Player in local sport events not sanctioned or otherwise under the jurisdiction of a Code Signatory or member of a Code Signatory, but only so long as the local sport event is not at a level that could otherwise qualify such Player or other Person directly or indirectly to compete in (or accumulate points toward) a national championship or International Event, and does not involve the Player or other Person working in any capacity with Minors.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby EnGdoPau » Thu, 24 Sep 2020, 14:19

Portuguese rugby honor division starts tomorrow. All games will be broadcasted by www.rugbytv.pt.

http://www.fpr.pt/news-detail/10066699/

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stefan Petrescu » Sun, 04 Oct 2020, 15:53

Hello all, I am fixing your Divisao de Honra Wikipedia page, but I have noticed that the logo on Wikipedia is not up to date. Does the Portuguese federation use any logo at all for the tournament!?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 05 Oct 2020, 07:47

This is what they are currently using as their marketing

http://www.fpr.pt/news-detail/10066963/

and thanks by the way.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 09:43

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 09:52

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 10:01

I saw them play in 2013 when Portugal put up a respectable showing , but they were heavily dependent on French contingent. This might be worth a two week isolation. Not a game I want to miss. Brave a week ahead of Spain....

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 11:57

so it will be in Limoges

http://www.fpr.pt/news-detail/10067191/

this is disappointing.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby andyrobnev » Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 15:07

This is a real opportunity for Portugal to prove to 6N teams their value. I think they could spring a surprise on a Fijian team that might not be fully focused on this game.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 26 Oct 2020, 16:17

Looks like Portugal v Fiji cancelled, or perhaps just the spectators have been cancelled?

Bonjour à tous,

En raison des nouvelles mesures sanitaires annoncées par le décret du 16 octobre 2020, applicable en Haute Vienne, nous vous informons que nous allons procéder au remboursement des billets via la plate-forme.

Les campagnes de remboursement du site s’effectuent à 10h et 19h tous les jours.

Nous vous remercions de votre participation, et espérons vous retrouver très prochainement,

N’hésitez pas à nous contacter pour toute question éventuelle,

Sportivement

Arena Events

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 22:28

Fiji vs Portugal and Brazil vs Portugal cancelled. https://tribunaexpresso.pt/raguebi/2020 ... mo-Mundial

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 22:33

Sad news, but reaction from FPR seems a bit all over the place. Georgia is playing Autumn Nations Cup because it's in Tier 1 best interests and we're in Uruguay because Uruguay offered a bubble, our unions reached an agreement and timing was kind to us. It's unfortunate, yet hardly an unfair treatment.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 27 Oct 2020, 22:57

Yes, because Russia, Romania and Belgium are in the same situation as Portugal, right?

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby EnGdoPau » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 09:01

Armchair Fan wrote:Sad news, but reaction from FPR seems a bit all over the place. Georgia is playing Autumn Nations Cup because it's in Tier 1 best interests and we're in Uruguay because Uruguay offered a bubble, our unions reached an agreement and timing was kind to us. It's unfortunate, yet hardly an unfair treatment.

In this first sentence "Georgia is playing Autumn Nations Cup because it's in Tier 1 best interests", without realizing it, you are supporting the FPR protests. The conditions are either the same for everyone, or they are unfair for anyone who is forced to not play. If Portugal and Brazil are not allowed to play, Spain and Georgia should not be allowed to play either. With or without bubble.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 09:14

No, because they talk about "unfair treatment" from World Rugby. It wasn't World Rugby who worked to include Georgia there while leaving Portugal without tests. Tier 1 needed an 8th team and they called Georgia.

What should be the solution to please FPR president, forcing Georgia to withdraw from a tournament they have no say in? Is it reasonable to cancel Uruguay v Spain tests when players are already there in a country with a COVID incidence unseen in Europe for months? Are we really comparing that to Fiji v Portugal in two weeks time and in a country seriously considering lockdown?

Conditions will never be the same for everyone and that has nothing to do with World Rugby giving an unfair treatment. All six REC teams never receive the same kind of July and November tests, with our without pandemic, and RWC qualifiers will be taking place with each country having a very varying situation (Belgium isn't playing at all, for example).

It's sad and unfortunate, but talking about unfair treatment is way wide out of the mark. And by the way, I'd agree with RWC qualifiers being postponed.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 16:53

EnGdoPau wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:Sad news, but reaction from FPR seems a bit all over the place. Georgia is playing Autumn Nations Cup because it's in Tier 1 best interests and we're in Uruguay because Uruguay offered a bubble, our unions reached an agreement and timing was kind to us. It's unfortunate, yet hardly an unfair treatment.

In this first sentence "Georgia is playing Autumn Nations Cup because it's in Tier 1 best interests", without realizing it, you are supporting the FPR protests. The conditions are either the same for everyone, or they are unfair for anyone who is forced to not play. If Portugal and Brazil are not allowed to play, Spain and Georgia should not be allowed to play either. With or without bubble.

Rugby Europe and World Rugby have no real power over Georgia playing the Nations Cup, first of all. The 6Ns invited them, it is their competition. Nobody will kick them out right now, the political onus would be big. It is T1s money at stake, WR won't argue with them just because REC countries won't like it.

And Spain already had the travel payed to Uruguay, right? Different from our Portugal-Brazil match, as they hadn't payed nothing yet.

It's sad and unfortunate, but talking about unfair treatment is way wide out of the mark. And by the way, I'd agree with RWC qualifiers being postponed.

Yes. If we want fair things, they should postpone and create a separate RWC Qualy tournament (late 2021 or 2022) to involve RE Torphy teams. Because, the current RWC system wasn't fair with Trophy teams in the first place. Talk with Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Ukraine and Lithuania about what is fair.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 28 Oct 2020, 22:25

So other REC unions must cancel their games just to please FPR president?

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby ficcp » Thu, 29 Oct 2020, 02:55

A bit of overreaction from FPR. Not even Australia Rugby Union after the withdrawal of SAF from thr Rugby championship...which had a huge economic impact.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum